Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clootfromthe21

Quote from: Kickham csc on November 23, 2011, 02:04:29 PM

The county can't block inter club / inter county transfer either, if there is a just reason for the transfer, or they will be open up to legal proceedings.

Not sure what you mean by "just reason" - presumably the County can block (or allow) any transfer it wants so long as it is done within the Rules of:

i.)

clootfromthe21

Quote from: clootfromthe21 on November 24, 2011, 03:34:00 PM
Quote from: Kickham csc on November 23, 2011, 02:04:29 PM

The county can't block inter club / inter county transfer either, if there is a just reason for the transfer, or they will be open up to legal proceedings.

Not sure what you mean by "just reason" - presumably the County can block (or allow) any transfer it wants so long as it is done within the Rules of:

i.)

Sorry, hit a button by mistake there!

Meant to say - surely the County can block (or allow) any transfer it wants, so long as it is done within the Rules of:

i.) the Associaton generally; and

ii.) the County specifically?

Kickham csc

If somebody moves home to  a new location, then they are free to transfer due to the parish rule. Therefore, a Rasharkin lad could transfer to a another club, and the county would be in trouble if it blocked it. If the Rasharkin sec and the new club sec signed the transfer forms then the lads would be free to transfer.

Steven Segal

If any true Rasharkin gales jump through all these hoops to engineer a transfer away from their club then they are not true Rasharkin gales at all and the club are better off without them in the long run!
"I have no fear of death. More important, I don't fear life."

Rasharkin Gael

Quote from: Steven Segal on November 25, 2011, 08:01:22 AM
If any true Rasharkin gales jump through all these hoops to engineer a transfer away from their club then they are not true Rasharkin gales at all and the club are better off without them in the long run!

My thoughts exactly.

Rasharkin Gael

U21 football trials on today. I saw last years team play a few times, very good defensively and at midfield but terrible up front. Don't know if there are any good forwards coming up from the minors, but there wasn't much coming through from u21 to improve our senior forwards.Cant really understand why we don't produce more natural forwards in Antrim who can compete at county level?

Magicsponge

Quote from: Rasharkin Gael on November 26, 2011, 10:44:14 AM
U21 football trials on today. I saw last years team play a few times, very good defensively and at midfield but terrible up front. Don't know if there are any good forwards coming up from the minors, but there wasn't much coming through from u21 to improve our senior forwards.Cant really understand why we don't produce more natural forwards in Antrim who can compete at county level?

There's a few decent forwards out there and some talented footballers. The 2 teams in the final, Lamh Dhearg and Creggan had some very, very good players, forwards and defenders. Ryan Murray from Lamh Dhearg looks very good and should be one to look out for. I think defensively we will be pretty strong next year as well

imtommygunn

We can't seem to produce good forwards football or hurling!

Murray does look a good one though. Our minors were competitive against Tyrone a few years ago who went on to win the AI so should be a half decent team should it not?

Rasharkin Gael

Young Murray was the stand out player in the hannahstown outfit, didnt have a lot of support though. Great win for Rossa in the u16, i think thats the first Antrim winners of the Paul McGirr trophy. That should be a very good minor team for Rossa over the next few years.

Rasharkin Gael

Was reading mickey harte's column today in the Irish Snooze. Interesting reading, GAA thinking of trying the sin bin again, player gives away three fouls and is then sin binned! What a nightmare for the referee!He would have to note every single foul committed alongside what player committed it and then sin bin the player on three fouls and keep a eye on the time so as to allow the player back on again. Completely crazy idea. Refs have enough probs keeping up with play as it is let alone turning them into stat men. If the Gaa were to go down the sin bin route the only way i see it working for the club game is when a player receives a yellow he is sin binned until the end on that half and can then return. So if you were yellow carded in the 1st min you would be off until the 2nd half or if you were carded in the 25th min you still come on at the start of the 2nd period. Alot more practical for the referee to administer. Draw back is of course if a guy gets carded in the 29th min he only misses one minute of game time. Still , seems a more realistic system for club matches.   

Magicsponge

I don't think sin binning at for the remainder of a half is a good idea, like you said, the time difference spent in the sin bin could be hugely unfair. If someone got their first yellow at the throw in of the second half then it is basically a red. Maybe if a yellow card meant a ten minute sin bin or something, a possible half an hour is way too long. Ten minutes would be ok, and if a player got sin binned with 5 mins left in the 1st half then they would miss the rest of the half and the first 5 mins of the second half. Maybe one of the linesmen could time this.

Gold

Quote from: Rasharkin Gael on November 26, 2011, 10:44:14 AM

Good point. Alot of small forwards knocking about who wouldnt have the strength for inter county.

Also not enough skilful forwards --if you look at the gooch, canavan etc they throw a dummy then kick it over

You rarely see dummys in Antrim--alot of that sort of play is not encouraged. Forwards seem to get a ball and run with the aim of kicking it with their good foot--theres no Jamie Clarke thinking of the eye of a needle pass --if i was a coach be preaching that forwards have to have flair
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Rasharkin Gael

Quote from: Magicsponge on December 02, 2011, 01:25:20 PM
I don't think sin binning at for the remainder of a half is a good idea, like you said, the time difference spent in the sin bin could be hugely unfair. If someone got their first yellow at the throw in of the second half then it is basically a red. Maybe if a yellow card meant a ten minute sin bin or something, a possible half an hour is way too long. Ten minutes would be ok, and if a player got sin binned with 5 mins left in the 1st half then they would miss the rest of the half and the first 5 mins of the second half. Maybe one of the linesmen could time this.

Thats fine for intercounty games, but at club level you are usually struggling for guys to do the line and it would not be right to put them under pressure of deciding when a player came back onto the pitch, could cause alot of problems.

Magicsponge

Quote from: Rasharkin Gael on December 02, 2011, 03:16:19 PM
Quote from: Magicsponge on December 02, 2011, 01:25:20 PM

Thats fine for intercounty games, but at club level you are usually struggling for guys to do the line and it would not be right to put them under pressure of deciding when a player came back onto the pitch, could cause alot of problems.

That's true, but I still think removing a player for the remainder of a half could be too harsh a punishment if the yellow occurs early or it could be to lenient if the yellow happens late in the half.

Windmill abu

QuoteThat's true, but I still think removing a player for the remainder of a half could be too harsh a punishment if the yellow occurs early or it could be to lenient if the yellow happens late in the half

Or we could stop making these crucial decisions for referees if we taught or players to play within the rules of the game
Never underestimate the power of complaining