Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rasharkin Gael

fair point LHI. didnt really mean to have a go at the mlass man but when everyone keeps calling you a scum bag and animal it becomes very hard to take after awhile.  Yep, the most probable outcome will be the closing of the pitch for year, maybe more. We are doing alot of good work with our kids and it would be a real shame for them to suffer because of this, but in reality i know the ccc wont have many other options. Out of curiousity have any of you fellas ever faced a situation where you have people come to your games, wear your colours and do nothing but embarrass your club. When they dont even pay their membership what can you do with them? When they are asked to stop abusing opposition or referee they just ignore it? what can a club do in this situation in the real world? you cant manhandle them, cant imagine anyone calling the psni to gaelic pitch because someone wont leave!   

rogueryhill

Yadda, yadda, yadda... The Glenravel manager had it coming to him... The linesman was asking for it... God help us. As I say, scratch the surface...

I'm not a Moneyglass (club) man by the way.

LostInSpace

The Glenravel manager ran across the pitch and struck a Rasharkin Player.  Another Rasharkin player then punched the Glenravel Manager. This isnt the first incident of its kind, and wont be the last. The game is plagued with incidents like this.

saffron sam2

This is my favourite bit.

Quote from: Alter Ego on November 03, 2011, 05:22:06 PM
Match officilas just missed by 1 large boulder thrown

It conjures some superb images in the old mind.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: saffron sam2 on November 04, 2011, 03:13:02 PM

I always thought Cuchulain was a Dunloy man. Did he transfer to Rasharkin as a juvenile?

LostInSpace

Quote from: hardstation on November 04, 2011, 03:09:13 PM
Quote from: Rasharkin Gael on November 04, 2011, 02:50:52 PM
fair point LHI. didnt really mean to have a go at the mlass man but when everyone keeps calling you a scum bag and animal it becomes very hard to take after awhile.  Yep, the most probable outcome will be the closing of the pitch for year, maybe more. We are doing alot of good work with our kids and it would be a real shame for them to suffer because of this, but in reality i know the ccc wont have many other options. Out of curiousity have any of you fellas ever faced a situation where you have people come to your games, wear your colours and do nothing but embarrass your club. When they dont even pay their membership what can you do with them? When they are asked to stop abusing opposition or referee they just ignore it? what can a club do in this situation in the real world? you cant manhandle them, cant imagine anyone calling the psni to gaelic pitch because someone wont leave!
Come off it. "These people just keep turning up, there is nothing we can do". That's balls. Your players and "a senior club official" were involved in this. Stop painting it as an unruly bunch who just keep turning up at your matches.

You will find though that the person who ran across the pitch and hit the referee would be classed as one of those unruly bunch.  The rest followed suit, no excuse.

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: Rasharkin Gael on November 04, 2011, 02:50:52 PM

Could you not get that "Senior Club Official" to have word with them?  ;D

Rasharkin Gael

rogueryhill

Quote from: LostInSpace on November 04, 2011, 03:02:20 PM
The Glenravel manager ran across the pitch and struck a Rasharkin Player.  Another Rasharkin player then punched the Glenravel Manager. This isnt the first incident of its kind, and wont be the last. The game is plagued with incidents like this.

You don't say? Oh, you mean generally?

LostInSpace

Quote from: rogueryhill on November 04, 2011, 04:23:17 PM

f**k up Pedantic Pat

rogueryhill

Quote from: LostInSpace on November 04, 2011, 04:33:20 PM
Quote from: rogueryhill on November 04, 2011, 04:23:17 PM

f**k up Pedantic Pat

:o :o :o
<looks round nervously to make sure there is a clear run out past the clubrooms...>

ONeill

Quote from: saffron sam2 on November 04, 2011, 03:13:02 PM

Rasharkin prepare for league play-off

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Seamroga in exile

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

4father

Photo's just released of Enough Said at Ballymena.   ;D