Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: aontroim on November 02, 2011, 11:58:47 AM
I can't see anything other than draconian levels of punishment thrown at Rasharkin for this incident, given the level of previous sentencing for offences against referees this year.

We lost the use of our pitch for two months because some of our players (div 5 team) were calling the referee a cheating bastard after a close championship match, after a last minute free given to win the match.

So use of pitch will certainly be one action, we had a fine also so i expect the book to be thrown at Rasharkin here
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

4father

Everybody looks happy in the photo on the Rasharkin website: http://www.rasharkingac.ie/home.asp

NAG1

Cant believe they put that up.

4father

Thats what I was thinking too

Magicsponge

I can't believe they put that up either and not mention the fight or show any regret towards the incident. That's one thing that annoys me is that they haven't shown any remorse or apologised for the incident. No doubt there are people in the club that are absolutely mortified by what happened, but I can't help but think that there are some people who believe their actions were justified. Rasharkin people, in my experience, are always quick to blame the referee for them losing matches, no matter how good or bad he was and this possibly didn't help matters. I can't deny that the standard of refereeing in the county isn't exactly brilliant but this is a complete over reaction that should not happen, ever. Not even if the referee intentionally lost you the game, not even then would a reaction like this be justifiable

4father

Rasharkin people, in my experience, are just like any other GAA club.  They have the good, the bad and the embarrassing.  They are a proud crowd and it would be very wrong for anyone here to tar them all with the same brush because of a crowd of bad people.  As you rightly said, there will be people completely embarrassed by this in their club.

All clubs have their dickheads, not one doesn't.  The club will get punished, there's no doubt about that but there are a lot of good people in Rasharkin.

Minder

Quote from: 4father on November 02, 2011, 10:23:13 PM
Rasharkin people, in my experience, are just like any other GAA club.  They have the good, the bad and the embarrassing.  They are a proud crowd and it would be very wrong for anyone here to tar them all with the same brush because of a crowd of bad people.  As you rightly said, there will be people completely embarrassed by this in their club.

All clubs have their d**kheads, not one doesn't.  The club will get punished, there's no doubt about that but there are a lot of good people in Rasharkin.

I cant think of many other clubs in Antrim that would have behaved like that shower of shit did.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

4father

But they aren't all a shower of shit friend.  I know at least 6 people well enough from Rasharkin who are the best of people.  What happened was wrong and the book should be thrown at them but it doesn't make it right to run them all down because of the actions of a few. 

I have no problem calling the ones who did it a 'shower of shit' but that doesn't mean everyone in Rasharkin should be 'showers of shit'. 

Minder

Quote from: 4father on November 02, 2011, 10:44:40 PM
But they aren't all a shower of shit friend.  I know at least 6 people well enough from Rasharkin who are the best of people.  What happened was wrong and the book should be thrown at them but it doesn't make it right to run them all down because of the actions of a few. 

I have no problem calling the ones who did it a 'shower of shit' but that doesn't mean everyone in Rasharkin should be 'showers of shit'.

I didn't say they are all a shower of shit but the ones that pursued Ray Matthews are, without a doubt. As I said you wouldn't get that behaviour from the majority of clubs, most right minded people realise at the end of the day it is only a game.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

imtommygunn

I know a lot of people from Rasharkin from over the years and there are a lot of good people there. Gusty Crawford, Hassons, McMullans etc are all good decent GAA people. (Incidentally the guy who used to post on here - JohnJoe I think - was one of the decent ones)

There are a few guys, and a select few might I add, who are involved with them though who are as scummy as anyone who you would see involved with the GAA. It is unfortunate for Rasharkin yet again that there name will be tarnished by people like this. This wouldn't be their first incident with the police in the last few years.

The punishment for this will be bad. How Matthews will come back from this I don't know. I feel for the good GAA people in Rasharkin and the ref - it's sad times when a football match comes to someone's personal safety is breached as much as that going out to play a game. There is no excuse for any of it no matter who says what - distance to changing rooms, a ref punching to defend himself etc are all irrelevant - whoever started this should be banned for life.

Enough

Good to see so many of you jumping on the bandwagon to put Rasharkin down. Number one how many of you lot posting rubbish on here where at the game? I can imagine none of you! No one can say what happened on Saturday can be justified and im not trying to. But RM struck a player he had the player needing hospital treatment now this has nothing to do with 'self defence' he ATTACKED a young fella as the fella was on his way to out of the changing area! As for linesman OE needing treatment that is a down right lie this man stood in the car park ASKING people to hit him "Go on it me you tr**p...Not one of you Rasharkin bas**rds are fit to" Its time alot of you wised up. As for bricks being thrown that is the biggest load of tripe i have ever heard where did the bricks come from? There were NONE! On to some of you mindless muppets you try to tar ever Rasharkin person with the same brush "Shower of shit" and  "Absolute scumbags" Its great slanndering people from behind a keyboard isnt how brave are you lot! If your going to post about something you have no notion about please try not to be so narrow minded and understand that half of what your reading if far from the truth after all since when did the media sell the truth!

4father

Enough

Yes look forward to reading more tripe

Forever Green

Owen Elliot always was a bit of a tube

4father

You're not going to win friends with a first post like that mate.  I understand your club is taking a hammering at the minute but there was clearly wrongdoing happening from Rasharkins point of view regardless of whether RM punched someone first or not.  I wasn't at the game either but official's being attacked is simply unacceptable behaviour by one, two, three of fourty people in a car park.

You may be incensed at the referee's decisions/actions or whatever but its hardly fair for crowds to gang up and attack a referee and threaten/attack another official.  It's wrong in a school playground and its certainly wrong at our associations pitches. 

Remember, i'm trying to defend the good people in your club but nobody can defend the indefensible.