Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AQMP

According to the BBC, Baker has agreed to remain as Antrim football manager for another year.

bloodybreakball

"On paper with Kevin O'Boyle, Tony Scullion, Justin Crozier, Michael McCann, Tomas McCann and Kieran Close they should be much closer than they are."

maybe they should, but st. galls arguably have the equal of them players and then strong players beside that. So, I reckon the question is are cargins younger players who have been mentioned, able/ready to do it in the championship? if they are then this will add to cargins strength in depth. Also is the cargin team pulling with the management as in other years (the year wilkinson from ballinderry was there) maybe all hasnt been right in their camp, which it needs to be if their to challenge as stong a team as st. galls

" In all my years of watching Cargin this team has been their best, problem is they are up against a team that bases their form/training around winning the championship."

here milltown, i think cargin have been doing the same this year though, using the league games as preparation to get a team in place playing in a way that can trouble st. galls. e.g. laverty and mc groggan working hard in the 3/4 line, fergal johnstone withdraws and plays like a half-forward too, when cargin get the ball, these three men along with half-backs e.g. marty kane, break forward and attack. johnstone can/does play as a trad. inside forward.
cargin has loads of talent and i hope that come the championship, they will be right to show their ability, if for nothing else, to make the antrim footb. championship interesting for fu*k knows it needs it.

is there any word of the prices for the championship football matches at the weekend, the CB would do well to take notice of the prices across the bann for their championship which have reflected the difficult times people are in. the standard of football on offer is generally higher in doire too, to be honest.
I cant see the CB being too understanding, after all, they have The Dunsilly Centre to finance, so its ok to hit the GAA people who paid (very high) fees at the start of the year, run weekly lottos, club functions, support other clubs grand draws etc....
but then again them boys is there to lead and what would i know, sure i dont put myself forward etc etc etc
how much is the top administrator in antrim gaa getting???

aontroim

Quote from: bloodybreakball on August 04, 2011, 12:35:29 PM

is there any word of the prices for the championship football matches at the weekend, the CB would do well to take notice of the prices across the bann for their championship which have reflected the difficult times people are in. the standard of football on offer is generally higher in doire too, to be honest.
I cant see the CB being too understanding, after all, they have The Dunsilly Centre to finance, so its ok to hit the GAA people who paid (very high) fees at the start of the year, run weekly lottos, club functions, support other clubs grand draws etc....
but then again them boys is there to lead and what would i know, sure i dont put myself forward etc etc etc
how much is the top administrator in antrim gaa getting???

Top administrator get paid nothing bar expenses - Secretary on the other hand.............. :o

the colonel

I would retract that fairly lively Sniper. Absolutely no need or foundations to that
the difference between success and failure is energy

Sniper

Quote from: the colonel on August 05, 2011, 02:02:51 PM
I would retract that fairly lively Sniper. Absolutely no need or foundations to that

We aim to please, and keep the status quo, however Colonel I will say unless you are the individual/individuals in question what would you know?

the colonel

Whether I know the individual or not is not the question. Do you want to fuel the fire for the County Board which has the most dislike for this forum? If you want to make complaints or accusations don't go to an anonymous forum. Go down the correct path

Sniper

Quote from: the colonel on August 05, 2011, 03:50:23 PM
Whether I know the individual or not is not the question. Do you want to fuel the fire for the County Board which has the most dislike for this forum? If you want to make complaints or accusations don't go to an anonymous forum. Go down the correct path

Pot/ Kettle possibly Colonel? Whether the County has a like or dislike for this forum is irrelevant, they patrol and take a dictatorship approach with the county guestbook, posting what they feel is suitable and suppressing everything else, so what makes you think or believe there is a proper path? Frog and the scorpion story springs to mind?

the colonel

aontroim

Any result from the SFC game tonight in Casement?

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bloodybreakball

the colonel soounds suspiciously like the county guestbook moderator. Our county board would have done very well in east Germany

the colonel

Quote from: bloodybreakball on August 06, 2011, 12:03:51 AM
the colonel soounds suspiciously like the county guestbook moderator. Our county board would have done very well in east Germany

Oh god, I've been outted.....

Milltown Row2

We played Carrickmore today in a challenge match, they were missing Gormely and Donnelly but was a competitive enough game, that's two weeks in a row were the lads have been playing top teams in Ulster in challenge games.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Atticus_Finch

Cargin beat 'sharkin 19 points to 3 points
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on August 07, 2011, 09:08:33 PM
Cargin beat 'sharkin 19 points to 3 points

That's a fair oul beating. Play Lamhs next then? Should be a wee bit tighter I'd imagine