2009 Ulster IFC and JFC Club Championships

Started by DownFanatic, September 16, 2009, 04:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sam03/05

I was looking at the Cookstown team in the programme today. I am not from the club but by my reckoning from the starting team, players with all ireland medals
Ryan Pickering (minor)
John Gilmore (minor)
Martin Murray (minor)
Ray Mulgrew (minor/senior)
Owen Mulligan (minor/senior)
Conor O'Hare (minor)
Barry Mulligan (minor)
Conor Mullan (minor)

players who have played for Tyrone seniors - P McGurk/ G Fitzpatrick/ O Mulligan/ R Mulgrew/ J Gilmore/ maybe M Murray but not 100% on that one.

They have two of the best young players in the county in young McGarrity (who has won Macrory and Hogan cup) and young Pickering who has captained Tyrone minors and Dungannon Acd to All Ireland titles.

To say they have serious talent at their disposal is an understatement. Indeed it is a mystery how they are playing Intermediate in the first place. They really should be a good senior team and must be certs to win Ulster at least.

sam03/05

any one know the venues for this weekends games?

Carbery

Quote from: sam03/05 on November 09, 2009, 08:15:35 PM
any one know the venues for this weekends games?

ULSTER CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP FIXURES

Sunday 15th November

Senior Semi-Finals
St Galls (Antrim) v Clontibret (Monaghan) Referee: Joe McQuillan at Athletic Grounds Armagh (2.30)
Loup (Derry) v Kiloo (Down) Referee: Padraig Hughes at Casement Park, Belfast (2.30)

Intermediate Semi-Finals
Cookstown (Tyrone) v Monaghan Harps (Monaghan) Referee: Martin McErlane at Athletic Grounds, Armagh (12.45)
Fanad Gaels (Donegal) v Lavey (Cavan) Referee: Stephen McNamee at Brewster Park, Enniskillen (2.30)

Junior Semi-Finals
Shane O'Neill's (Armagh) v Emyvale (Monaghan) Referee John Joe Cleary at Casement Park, Belfast (12.45)
Moville (Donegal) v St Teresa's (Antrim) Referee: Jim Galligan at Brewster Park, Enniskillen (12.45)

Number8

Anybody wish to give a run down of the odds and favourites for the IFC and JFC..... Who are the front runners and dark horses at this stage?

DownFanatic

Cookstown look to be favourites for the IFC. JFC is harder to call but Moville look strong.

DownFanatic

Club Intermediate Football Championship

Preliminary Round

(a)    Ballymaguigan v Ballymartin at Celtic Park

Quarter Finals

(b)   St Michaels, Newtownhamilton v Fanad Gaels at Armagh venue
(c)    Kinawley v  Lavey at Brewster Park
(d)  Ahoghill v Monaghan Harps at Antrim venue
(e)    Cookstown v  (a) Ballymartin

If:        Tyrone v Derry at Tyrone at Healy Park
                                                Tyrone v Down at Down venue

Semi Finals:               
(b) Fanad Gaels v (c) Lavey
(d) Monaghan Harps v (e) Cookstown

Final
Lavey v Cookstown

Club Junior Football Championship

Preliminary Round

(a)    Moville v Glenn at MacCumhaill Park

Quarter Finals

(b)   Shane O'Neills v Sean Dolans at Armagh venue
(c)   Newtownstewart v Emyvale at Healy Park
(d)   St Teresas v Butlersbridge at Antrim venue
(e)   Belnaleck v  Moville

If:        Fermanagh v Donegal at Brewster Park
                                                Fermanagh v Down at Down venue

Semi Finals:               
(b) Shane O'Neills v (c) Emyvale
(d) St Teresa's v (e) Moville

Final
Emyvale v St Teresa's

milltown row

Quote from: DownFanatic on November 11, 2009, 07:52:56 PM
Cookstown look to be favourites for the IFC. JFC is harder to call but Moville look strong.

watched the last few minutes of that game yesterday, seen a few scores and the standard was quite good would test most senior teams for sure.

bit of a fight near the end, and the Harps lad stamped on Cookstown players head. just pure filth think he had number 10 on his back. scum bag

saffron sam2

Good win for St. Teresa's, especially when you consider the abysmal record Antrim clubs have in this competition.

Young Maguire seems to be getting good reports. I know he was on the Antrim senior hurling panel for a while, but would he be worth a run with the footballers if he got his hair cut?
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

milltown row

Very good footballer and hurler, his da was still playing last year!! one crafty player indeed

Congrats to St Teresa's (and my wee cus) i hope they win through would be a fantastic achievment as no Junior team has won the competition from Antrim.

i hope its a double header with our game, would be some crowd down for that

DownFanatic

Quote from: milltown row on November 17, 2009, 07:01:52 PM
Very good footballer and hurler, his da was still playing last year!! one crafty player indeed

Congrats to St Teresa's (and my wee cus) i hope they win through would be a fantastic achievment as no Junior team has won the competition from Antrim.

i hope its a double header with our game, would be some crowd down for that

Are St Teresas from the Glen Road? Would they have much pedigree in Antrim?

milltown row

they won the big one back in 79, think they beat the mighty St Johns team of that era. who won a Ulster club the year before.

not much since but they are a decent team and with a lot of good young players. hope they win, would be some craic up the Glen Road if they do

timmyot501

Replay of junior final this sunday at 2pm in Newry. The drawn game was very good last sunday.  Both teams will feel that they could have won it. Emyvale looked in control until they gifted St Teresa's a very sloppy goal to draw the match into the last ten.  But teresa's took advantage of this and pushed into a one point lead with time almost up.  But a late equaliser and a couple of missed chances by emyvale probably made them feel they left it behind too. 

Lets hope the replay is as good as the original.