FBD 2024

Started by Farrandeelin, November 08, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on January 27, 2014, 11:20:50 PM
How many pages of scutter have we written about FBD football this year? All to be totally forgotten when a ball is kicked in the real league.

Says it all, really.

Ye cant use real and league in the same sentence ffs. Football has been reduced to the August Bankholiday Weekend and the AI final 6/7 weeks later. Not in there you don t exist.

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on January 27, 2014, 11:51:28 PM
How many pages of scutter have we written about FBD football this year? All to be totally forgotten when a ball is kicked in the real league.

Says it all, really.

Ye cant use real and league in the same sentence ffs. Football has been reduced to the August Bankholiday Weekend and the AI final 6/7 weeks later. Not in there you don t exist.

You on the tatter, Moy? The argument that the season begins in the ritz that is Croke Park in August is a fallacy at odds with every single ethos of the GAA.

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on January 28, 2014, 12:27:24 AM

Says it all, really.

You on the tatter, Moy? The argument that the season begins in the ritz that is Croke Park in August is a fallacy at odds with every single ethos of the GAA.
You really are a garsún, aren't you? But there is nothing wrong with it. We are all learning. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Quote from: seafoid on January 28, 2014, 09:29:52 AM
[. Football has been reduced to the August Bankholiday Weekend and the AI final 6/7 weeks later. Not in there you don t exist.

[/quote]
You really are a garsún, aren't you? But there is nothing wrong with it. We are all learning.
[/quote]
He'll be 15 later this year.
Have to agree with Moy that the REAL All Ireland Football Championship begins with the Quarter finals.
The Provincials( great local stuff and when a new team wins like Monaghan, us 2010, Westmeath 2004 etc it's great altogether) and the Qualifiers are both streams to qualify for the REAL ALL Ireland stuff.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

larryin89

Quote from: Syferus on January 28, 2014, 12:27:24 AM

Says it all, really.

Ahh muse god bless ya ladeen.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on January 28, 2014, 10:44:16 AM
[. Football has been reduced to the August Bankholiday Weekend and the AI final 6/7 weeks later. Not in there you don t exist.

[/quote]
Have to agree with Moy that the REAL All Ireland Football Championship begins with the Quarter finals.
The Provincials( great local stuff and when a new team wins like Monaghan, us 2010, Westmeath 2004 etc it's great altogether) and the Qualifiers are both streams to qualify for the REAL ALL Ireland stuff.
[/quote]
I think the stuff in July with fallen women such as Derry and Galway trying to inch their way back to respectability amongst the tra(m)ps in the long grass has much to be said about it.
Cavan's progress last year was very nice to see. Antrim the year before  :o
Anytime the pundits are shamed is great. Monaghan last year.
Kerry losing by a point, always sweet.     
All the waffle on TSG.

Flannery O'Connor
"Where you come from is gone, where you thought you were going to was never there, and where you are is no good unless you can get away from it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzeDgHgk7qs

From the Bunker

Ah, blah! It all depends on where you are on the curve. If you are building and want a Provincial title like Tyrone last year then the first round in Ulster is as important as the QF.  If like Mayo you have won 3 in a row provincials then QF is the real business end. But at the beginning of the curve in 2011 we (Mayo) were damn happy with our provincial crown. Same with Kildare or Meath in Leinster, a provincial crown would be celebrated! Munster is the only exception. The Cork/Kerry dominance coupled with the seeding means that the last 12 to QF are only a formality to qualify for.

larryin89

From the bunker..

I see your point and it's a valid one but there still is a feel of the real deal starting august weekend . 

When you win a provincial title it means you're in a q/f , so of course it's still important to win your provincial .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

From the Bunker

Quote from: larryin89 on January 28, 2014, 12:02:07 PM
From the bunker..

I see your point and it's a valid one but there still is a feel of the real deal starting august weekend . 

When you win a provincial title it means you're in a q/f , so of course it's still important to win your provincial .

Oh of course it does! But there are always smaller goals for developing teams.

Syferus

[/quote]
[/quote]

With your hatred of all things foreign I'm surprised to see you applying the Champions League mentality to an amateur organisation.

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 28, 2014, 11:58:15 AM
Ah, blah! It all depends on where you are on the curve. If you are building and want a Provincial title like Tyrone last year then the first round in Ulster is as important as the QF.  If like Mayo you have won 3 in a row provincials then QF is the real business end. But at the beginning of the curve in 2011 we (Mayo) were damn happy with our provincial crown. Same with Kildare or Meath in Leinster, a provincial crown would be celebrated! Munster is the only exception. The Cork/Kerry dominance coupled with the seeding means that the last 12 to QF are only a formality to qualify for.
It's all relative. Some counties (Longford) would be happy to string 2 wins together, others will not cease until 5 in a row

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on January 28, 2014, 01:07:01 PM

[/quote]

With your hatred of all things foreign I'm surprised to see you applying the Champions League mentality to an amateur organisation.
[/quote]
Don't know what a "Champions League mentality" is a Shyfín.
The early rounds of both Provincials and Qualifiers area bit like the early counts in an Election - getting rid of the no hopers, the lunatic candidates and the brave limited triers.

Lar Naparka

Dunno what all the fuss is about.
Of course the REAL AI stuff begins with the QFs. How could it be otherwise?
At that stage, there are no more back doors and the provincial championships are resolved so it's classic championship fare from there on. One slip and yer gone- no second chances.
Sure some counties would be mighty happy with a provincial title and others would count their year a success if they manage to win a local derby and I've no problem with either but you're talking about PROVINCIAL championships here which is a separate issue
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Rossfan

How many pages of scutter have we written
I don't know but you'd account for about 95% of them.  :-[
Lawnseed the remaining 5%

moysider

Quote from: Lar Naparka on January 28, 2014, 05:57:06 PM
Dunno what all the fuss is about.
Of course the REAL AI stuff begins with the QFs. How could it be otherwise?
At that stage, there are no more back doors and the provincial championships are resolved so it's classic championship fare from there on. One slip and yer gone- no second chances.
Sure some counties would be mighty happy with a provincial title and others would count their year a success if they manage to win a local derby and I've no problem with either but you're talking about PROVINCIAL championships here which is a separate issue

Appologies Lar for hoppin that ball that created a bit of a fuss ( couldn t believe it really). I was bored when I posted that - I d have preferred to have been 'on the tatter' of course. In which case I would have had more important things on my mind - like how slugs eat more of my cabbages than I do. Sometimes they even take on the onions and garlic ffs. Any time I get a fox attack I lose my good laying pullets instead of bloody cocks that I cant give away. Y'know, the important stuff.