Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mourne Rover

Waterlogged pitch in Kilcoo tonight so both the IFC and SFC games were postponed.

Hedgehunter

Quote from: Mourne Rover on August 10, 2019, 07:38:23 PM
Waterlogged pitch in Kilcoo tonight so both the IFC and SFC games were postponed.

An absolute farce if I'm honest..

Nanderson

Quote from: Hedgehunter on August 10, 2019, 09:27:23 PM

Did you see pictures of the pitch. Goalkeepers area was basically a swimming pool

Hedgehunter

Quote from: Nanderson on August 10, 2019, 09:29:29 PM

Did you see pictures of the pitch. Goalkeepers area was basically a swimming pool

I did as I was at it.. that swimming pool was gone in about 15 seconds. However I've no issue with the postponements.. they stripped the main pitch and started to set up the back pitch, still charging and allowing cars in when cars where streaming out of the place. Communication was shite..

supersub

It's not really a farce though is it? Very bad weather, 4 teams, 4 sets of supporters, two different throw in times, one road in and out, not the easiest to manage I'd imagine. Probably tried all they could to get at least one played and left to the last minute to decide. These things happen, move on.

terrifictommy

All the football played this weekend and the topic is a waterlogged pitch. This is ridiculous.

Godsown

Some guys just look at any opportunity to moan. Grow up

Ambrose

Mayobridge 2-14
Burren.       0-19
You can't live off history and tradition forever

Last Caress

Followed the Burren v Mayobridge game on twitter. Close game. How was it to watch?

ciaran1988

How do we see tonight's games going

terrifictommy

Glenn
Breadth
Downpatrick/Rostrevor will be close

champion1981

Where has downjim gone? I hope he is well😉

befair

Comfortable win for Rostrevor; Bredagh's win was a surprise

Cuan12

Some interesting match ups in rd2 of SFC, Belfast derby will be interesting pits Bundie against the Doc, two good coaches who the county board should note of,if they are looking for replacements for wee James or Conor Deegan, after all they wouldn't have much to follow in terms of results , especially the minor management.
Who knows.

Square Ball

Quote from: terrifictommy on August 12, 2019, 08:08:35 PM
Glenn
Breadth
Downpatrick/Rostrevor will be close
Not too many would have given us a chance, 6 up at the break and the got it to 1, but we got the goal to close it out, was a good game, others may not think so. bookies had it us +6 10/11 or something like that. A derby in the second round of the SFC would have been unthinkable 7 or 8 years ago.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid