UK General Election 2017

Started by Eamonnca1, April 18, 2017, 07:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: mrdeeds on June 07, 2017, 09:48:52 AM
Teresa May ran through a field of wheat. Holy fook Thug Life. I absolutely hate her fish face everytime she gets a question she can't answer. Which is often and then changes subject completely. The Right Wing press are saying Corbyn couldn't be trusted to keep Britain safe while May was Home Secretary and Prime Minister during the most recent attacks. Also she needs to negotiate Brexit even though she's against it. How did Britain and the US end up with such crap leadership.
Because in the UK and the US the 1% run the show. And the economy isn't working. So the leadership has to defend something that is banjaxed. Cuts are actualy bad for the economy but they are good for the bonds owned by the 1%
. In the US the 1% want to slash health spending. Voters will die in large numbers. there is no idea that the people and the Government can agree on. The Tories are in serious trouble even if they win tomorrow. The GOP is fucked.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

Quote from: mrdeeds on June 07, 2017, 09:48:52 AM
Teresa May ran through a field of wheat. Holy fook Thug Life. I absolutely hate her fish face everytime she gets a question she can't answer. Which is often and then changes subject completely. The Right Wing press are saying Corbyn couldn't be trusted to keep Britain safe while May was Home Secretary and Prime Minister during the most recent attacks. Also she needs to negotiate Brexit even though she's against it. How did Britain and the US end up with such crap leadership.
Law and order is a Tory issue. May was Home Sec for 5 years

The plice ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al2F1bkXAK0

yellowcard

UK tabloids unashamedly ramping up the Corbyn/Labour hatred this morning, last ditch attempt to sway undecided voters.

Minder

Quote from: yellowcard on June 07, 2017, 10:29:24 AM
UK tabloids unashamedly ramping up the Corbyn/Labour hatred this morning, last ditch attempt to sway undecided voters.

What undecided voters would be Sun/Mail/Express readers ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

yellowcard

Quote from: Minder on June 07, 2017, 10:34:05 AM

Of course they generally push a UKIP/Tory agenda but you can't tell me that 100% of their readers are Tories. Plenty of people care very little for what is going on politically and would barely glance at the news pages of a tabloid newspaper. 

seafoid

Quote from: Minder on June 07, 2017, 10:34:05 AM

Sun readers swing both ways. Get your tits out for the vote

johnneycool

Laura doing what Laura does best;

Very little mention of May's poor performance and non shows but plenty of undermining of Corbyn;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-40184817

Maroon Manc

Plenty of shy tories around especially in comparison to how vocal Labour are, my facebook is full of political experts the last few weeks although all of them have conveniently ignored the corporation tax issue.

The last statistic I saw was there was 4.6 million self employed in the UK, haven't a clue how many of them would have their business in a LTD company but for those who are they would eventually see a 36% increase in their tax bill. There's no tax rise unless you're rich apparently according to the masses on social media, that narrative certainly isn't true.

johnneycool

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 07, 2017, 11:12:24 AM
Plenty of shy tories around especially in comparison to how vocal Labour are, my facebook is full of political experts the last few weeks although all of them have conveniently ignored the corporation tax issue.

The last statistic I saw was there was 4.6 million self employed in the UK, haven't a clue how many of them would have their business in a LTD company but for those who are they would eventually see a 36% increase in their tax bill. There's no tax rise unless you're rich apparently according to the masses on social media, that narrative certainly isn't true.

What's the threshold for being rich these days?

Maroon Manc

Quote from: johnneycool on June 07, 2017, 11:25:27 AM

What's the threshold for being rich these days?

Good question, would like to find out one day.

yellowcard

If 4.6 million people are self employed that does not mean they are paying corporation tax. The vast majority I would imagine are paying income tax as self employed people.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: AQMP on June 07, 2017, 11:57:27 AM

Are the Labour plans not to re-introduce the small profits rate (which covered profits up to £300k) at 21% (currently 19%) and to increase the rate for bigger companies to 26% which is what it was up until 2012 and is lower than under the last Labour government??  Can you explain how a small ltd company's tax bill would rise by 36%??  Yes, if your company has pre-tax profits of say £500,000 your tax liability would rise from £95,000 to £130,000 (36.8% rise) but if your company has pre-tax profit of £50,000 your tax liability would go up from £9,500 to £10,500 (a rise of 10.5%)

I don't know what is rich but if you're making net profit in excess of £300,000 you're probably doing OK

I wasn't aware but if that is the case it makes my point completely irrelevant.

Just checked and you are right, genuinely wasn't aware.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: yellowcard on June 07, 2017, 01:06:44 PM

If 4.6 million people are self employed that does not mean they are paying corporation tax. The vast majority I would imagine are paying income tax as self employed people.

I did state I didn't have a clue on how of them would have business in a LTD company.

I can think of about 30 people I know who would consider themselves as self employed/work for themselves but would be registered as LTD company, I don't anyone who works for themselves who isn't.

Anyhow my point appears to be invalid given the AQMP's reply.

seafoid

WTF

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jun/07/brexit-northern-ireland-irish-republic-hard-border-general-election-reunification

"Twelve miles from Belcoo in Enniskillen, County Fermanagh, Tom Elliott says he is not pressed on the doorstep about what the leave vote will mean. Voters are "more concerned about potholes on local roads than Brexit", he adds."

Brexit will mean a lot more than potholes even if wine is still generally available at £5 a bottle

magpie seanie

Quote from: seafoid on June 07, 2017, 03:29:19 PM
WTF

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jun/07/brexit-northern-ireland-irish-republic-hard-border-general-election-reunification

"Twelve miles from Belcoo in Enniskillen, County Fermanagh, Tom Elliott says he is not pressed on the doorstep about what the leave vote will mean. Voters are "more concerned about potholes on local roads than Brexit", he adds."

Brexit will mean a lot more than potholes even if wine is still generally available at £5 a bottle

The Unionists are absolutely frazzled over this. They don't know which was to turn. Everything they "know" is wrong.