Android Phone

Started by tbrick18, September 12, 2011, 09:09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Would a new SD card make any difference? I've one in this that's been in a couple of phones and must be quite full

armaghniac

Quote from: bennydorano on October 05, 2018, 12:47:34 PM
Would a new SD card make any difference? I've one in this that's been in a couple of phones and must be quite full

Not all apps use the SD card, so it might help that much.

A  good cleaning app will identify where the space is being used, if you have space to install it!!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

spuds

If you use the Samsung pass app to transfer data from old phone you may be clogging up new phone with photos, files, apps etc.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

bennydorano

Would anybody know what is the general rule if thumb for breaking a phone contract - cost wise? I'm only 5 months into a 2 year deal with Three.

square_ball

Quote from: bennydorano on October 12, 2018, 12:33:22 PM
Would anybody know what is the general rule if thumb for breaking a phone contract - cost wise? I'm only 5 months into a 2 year deal with Three.

I've found that it was remaining months x monthly cost less the VAT. That was a few years ago so I'm not sure if it's still the way they do it. I'd say it'll be costly unless your monthly fee is low.

bennydorano

Cheers & bollix to that

Square Ball

Quote from: square_ball on October 12, 2018, 12:57:14 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on October 12, 2018, 12:33:22 PM

I've found that it was remaining months x monthly cost less the VAT. That was a few years ago so I'm not sure if it's still the way they do it. I'd say it'll be costly unless your monthly fee is low.
Yip that what I was quoted from 3 as well. Cant wait to get away from 3, live in south Belfast and signal is pathetic. Thinking of a Huawei as the camera seems to be one of the best around and 128gb to boot
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Abble

i currently have a windows phone lumia 920 and want to switch to android. i am eyeing up huawei p20 pro and want to know in terms of any android device, is there a decent app to handle visual voicemail (ie a list displaying missed phone call messages) ?

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Solo_run

Bought the OnePlus 6 a few months back and I have not had a single problem with it.

For anyone looking to buy a new android phone the One Plus 6T version is coming out this month and worth the £530 odd price tag. Would prefer it to the Samsung flagship phone which is approx double the price.

laoislad

Got a Galaxy S9 the other day. Already starting to notice a few scratches appearing on the screen. Anyone recommend a decent case, and screen protector.  There are dozens online with varying reviews. Don't mind spending a bit to get a good one as I'm going through 2 phones a year from breaking them so be cheaper now just get a good case and screen protector than have to replace phone in a few months.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

JoG2

Quote from: laoislad on December 19, 2018, 09:16:30 PM
Got a Galaxy S9 the other day. Already starting to notice a few scratches appearing on the screen. Anyone recommend a decent case, and screen protector.  There are dozens online with varying reviews. Don't mind spending a bit to get a good one as I'm going through 2 phones a year from breaking them so be cheaper now just get a good case and screen protector than have to replace phone in a few months.

Otterbox defender, you're only man. Have had 5 for 5 different Samsungs down the years.

laoislad

Quote from: JoG2 on December 19, 2018, 09:48:12 PM
Quote from: laoislad on December 19, 2018, 09:16:30 PM

Otterbox defender, you're only man. Have had 5 for 5 different Samsungs down the years.
Cheers will take a look

gallsman

Laoislad, is there no pre installed factory screen protector on the phone? Most phones ship with one these days and I'd be surprised if they were scratches on the screen rather then the protector.

Tempered glass protectors the ones to buy.

laoislad

Nothing preinstalled on screen from what I can see.Scratches are on the screen alright. I'm always shoving screwdrivers and whatnot into my pocket and forgetting my phone is there.  They aren't bad yet really but it be nice to have a phone longer than 6 months so time for a case, don't like having one on the phone but needs must.