Ulster Club Football League 2008

Started by SuperHans, January 13, 2008, 01:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperHans

Not sure if this should be in local discussion or not we will let the mods decide that.

Are any of the poster's clubs involved this year? I hear its going to be organised on a regional basis this year which is a good thing, it means alot less travelling for some clubs although I enjoyed my trip to dromintee a few seasons back. My club Dungiven are in it as well as local rivals Banagher.I hope we dont get them, u want to be playin someone diiff in this comp

Redhandfan

Moy will not be taking part in this year's Ulster Club Football League. 

This should come as a relief to a lot of the other teams in the competition as we reached the quarter-finals last year....losing out by a point to fellow Tyrone side Coalisland Fianna!!!!!

snappiered

Quote from: Redhandfan on January 13, 2008, 11:09:24 PM

Yeah only Senior teams can participate!

Maximus Marillius

This should come as a relief to a lot of the other teams in the competition as we reached the quarter-finals last year....losing out by a point to fellow Tyrone side Coalisland Fianna!!!!!

surely this guy is on the wind up....The 'who...'

amigo

LOL. Good one RHF i am sure the rest of the teams in Ulster would be quaking in their boots at the thought of taking on an Intermediate side.
Tool.

orangeman

On a serious note, I think Mattie Mc Gleenan has taken on the easiest job in Tyrone - Moy will win the intermediate league and double this year. They really ought to be a senior side - how a few senior sides can be called senior and Moy are only intermediate defies logic.

thebandit

McGleenan did a good job with Monaghan Harps, taking them from Junior to Senior - I think he agreed to take the Moy job before Harps went up thinkingthat they wouldn't go up!

clarshack

Quote from: orangeman on January 14, 2008, 10:00:36 AM
On a serious note, I think Mattie Mc Gleenan has taken on the easiest job in Tyrone - Moy will win the intermediate league and double this year. They really ought to be a senior side - how a few senior sides can be called senior and Moy are only intermediate defies logic.

trillick, killeeshil & clan na ngael (if dooher and o'neill are playing) are well capable of beating a full strength moy side. the moy wont get it all their own way this year.

illdecide

I heard the draw was today for the Ulster league?? has anyone heard anything??

My club are entering it this year which i can't understand why more teams are not interested as they are better than playing friendly's
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Our Nail Loney

what other armagh clubs entering illdecide, do you know? what about the down clubs, anyone know?

orangeman

I think Moy with their compliment of county stars will be a bit too much for the rest - I could be wrong and have been before but I think Moy will do the double.

illdecide

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on January 14, 2008, 02:48:15 PM
what other armagh clubs entering illdecide, do you know? what about the down clubs, anyone know?

I haven't a clue what teams are entering it. I heard it starts on either the 3rd of feb or the 10th. For some reason a whole lot of clubs refuse to play in it but i think it's a good thing it certainly beats friendly matches and it's a good workout for this time of year. the down side of things is the travelling on a sunday morning to maybe north derry or Monaghan/Cavan
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Bitta-Banter

Has anyone any info on the groups?or who is entering etc...If so could you post all you know on ulster league.Cheers.

glenullinabu

Quote from: illdecide on January 14, 2008, 02:20:41 PM
I heard the draw was today for the Ulster league?? has anyone heard anything??

My club are entering it this year which i can't understand why more teams are not interested as they are better than playing friendly's

i know id say it because we won it last year but its a great competition
fais play to those clubs that have the vision to support it

screenmachine

Screen, Aghyaran, Ballyshannon, Derrygonnelly, Glenullin and Maghery. Haven't heard any of the other groups yet.
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.