Maigh Eo v Corcaigh, 1600, 3ú Lúnasa, Páirc an Crocaigh

Started by macdanger2, July 27, 2014, 12:03:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 28, 2014, 06:26:24 PM
Any Irish pubs in Lake Garda area that might show the game?

Try famous local nightspot, 'The Lake Garda Club'.
It's usually full of Mayo folk.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

seafoid

Quote from: Jinxy on July 28, 2014, 07:20:57 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 28, 2014, 06:26:24 PM
Any Irish pubs in Lake Garda area that might show the game?

Try famous local nightspot, 'The Lake Garda Club'.
It's usually full of Mayo folk.
Apparently there are loads of buy to let properties in the area owned by Lake Garda. 

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Syferus

bucko

Quote from: Syferus on July 29, 2014, 05:35:58 PM
Quote from: bucko on July 29, 2014, 05:26:18 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on July 29, 2014, 04:57:06 PM
I see Cormac Reilly is reffing this.
Will he look out for Cuthbert's ladeens like he was asking for earlier today???
http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/football/cuthbert-strong-ref-important-when-facing-streetwise-mayo-277093.html

Jesus he's a whine bag on top of everything else.
A bit, shades of Jimmy McGuinness from before last years quarter finals.

From the Bunker

Cork manager Brian Cuthbert says the match officials "will be very important" in this Sunday's All-Ireland quarter-final against Mayo.

The Connacht champions are a far more experienced outfit than the Leesiders, whose manager described Mayo yesterday as "extremely streetwise."

Asked whether he would want to have a strong referee in Croke Park next Sunday, Cuthbert said: "Absolutely, I think the referee's going to be very important in this game. I wouldn't want to paint our fellas as naive young fellas, but certainly they're up against a team that's extremely streetwise — every manager wants their team to be like that.

Jez here we go again! Waffle! We had the same stuff this time last year with Jimmy and Rory! All that Remarks like this show is fear of the opposition!

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 29, 2014, 06:52:09 PM
Cork manager Brian Cuthbert says the match officials "will be very important" in this Sunday's All-Ireland quarter-final against Mayo.

The Connacht champions are a far more experienced outfit than the Leesiders, whose manager described Mayo yesterday as "extremely streetwise."

Asked whether he would want to have a strong referee in Croke Park next Sunday, Cuthbert said: "Absolutely, I think the referee's going to be very important in this game. I wouldn't want to paint our fellas as naive young fellas, but certainly they're up against a team that's extremely streetwise — every manager wants their team to be like that.

Jez here we go again! Waffle! We had the same stuff this time last year with Jimmy and Rory! All that Remarks like this show is fear of the opposition!
Last year in the Galway/Mayo match before the throw-in Johnny Duane extended his hand towards Alan Dillon for a handshake and Dillon shouldered him, knocking him to the ground

Tsk tsk

Come on now Mayo and win the all Ireland and all will be forgiven.  Ni uasal agus iseal ach thuas seal agus thios seal. But you have to win when you are thuas.     

Rossfan

Hard to see this year's Cork outfit stopping Mayowestros.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

moysider

Quote from: seafoid on July 29, 2014, 08:11:33 PM

Last year in the Galway/Mayo match before the throw-in Johnny Duane extended his hand towards Alan Dillon for a handshake and Dillon shouldered him, knocking him to the ground

Tsk tsk

Come on now Mayo and win the all Ireland and all will be forgiven.  Ni uasal agus iseal ach thuas seal agus thios seal. But you have to win when you are thuas.   

True but you still have to be the best team about when you re up to win. We were on the up 96-99 and for at least 2 of those years we blew it - especially '97 when we did not perform in the final. 2004 and 2006 we were nowhere near good enough to trouble Kerry.

During the last 30 years Mayo has been arguably the most consistently thuas of the Connacht counties. Our thios periods has been largely due to poor management rather than a lack of quality players. If we could have avoided those calamitous interstadials then I m convinced the famine could have ended already. Mayo have never actually built a successful team in my time. The county has lurched from lows to highs without any runway. Think 96, 2004 and 2011. James Horan did not have to build his team in a way Mulholland has been trying to build his or Evans is doing in Ros or Flanagan in Sligo. There was enough quality among the detritus of Johnno s tenure to topple AI champions within months of Horan taking over. 3 years later he is pretty much happy with the same lads.

As for Sunday I dunno. Cork seem to have been having problems but I find some of the posts here a bit disrespectful of them and that s a worry. Cork teams always have to be taken very seriously - ye know the old saying that Cork teams come like mushrooms, overnight. Now that was about their hurling team but I remember there was no way we should have been losing to Cork in 99 and they caught us flat footed. 2 rookie midfielders from junior clubs on Cork team and Liam McHale left sitting on his hole until the game was lost. Sssshhh.

To lose on Sunday would be hard to take.

maigheo

I see Cork selector Ronan McCarthy going on about Mayo s tactical fouling in todays examiner.Not sure what Cork are trying to gain from this but for me it will only have the effect of riling up Mayo as it will not affect Cormac Reilly in any way.Reading the Cork posters over on Boarss.ie ,none of them are giving there team a chance and are pretty scathing of Cuthbert as a manager.No matter what is happening behind the scenes in the Cork camp they have enough good footballers to trouble Mayo and for me it will take the full 70 minutes to put them away.

highorlow

Quote"A team like Cork, which tries to build quickly out from the back, if you can stop them eight or nine times, for instance, which would have happened up in Mayo in the league game with Cillian O'Connor several times without getting a yellow card . . . that can have an effect on a team, and they're very good at it.

Ha Ha, great to see the langers shitting themselves. Hope it is like the league game but that we don't let them 'gloss' the scoreboard this time towards the end.

f**k the 70 mins if we can't beat them out the gate we may aswell forget about coming back for a semi final.

I was there in 1993 for our semi final embarrassment and have been waiting for revenge since. This is the time to get it.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: moysider on July 29, 2014, 10:57:54 PM

Tsk tsk

True but you still have to be the best team about when you re up to win. We were on the up 96-99 and for at least 2 of those years we blew it - especially '97 when we did not perform in the final. 2004 and 2006 we were nowhere near good enough to trouble Kerry.

During the last 30 years Mayo has been arguably the most consistently thuas of the Connacht counties. Our thios periods has been largely due to poor management rather than a lack of quality players. If we could have avoided those calamitous interstadials then I m convinced the famine could have ended already. Mayo have never actually built a successful team in my time. The county has lurched from lows to highs without any runway. Think 96, 2004 and 2011. James Horan did not have to build his team in a way Mulholland has been trying to build his or Evans is doing in Ros or Flanagan in Sligo. There was enough quality among the detritus of Johnno s tenure to topple AI champions within months of Horan taking over. 3 years later he is pretty much happy with the same lads.

As for Sunday I dunno. Cork seem to have been having problems but I find some of the posts here a bit disrespectful of them and that s a worry. Cork teams always have to be taken very seriously - ye know the old saying that Cork teams come like mushrooms, overnight. Now that was about their hurling team but I remember there was no way we should have been losing to Cork in 99 and they caught us flat footed. 2 rookie midfielders from junior clubs on Cork team and Liam McHale left sitting on his hole until the game was lost. Sssshhh.

Sorry Moysider but you are talking absolute dung there.
The 1996 team was a brand new out of the bag football team

Madden, Cahill, Mortimer, Nallen, Connelly, Brady, Sheridan, Horan, Casey, Nestor were all new or nearly new to 1996

And you need to let things go, McHale was 34 in 1999. I'm sick of this chat that we got hijacked in 98 and 99, we didnt, we lost to a team that were better than us and have two all irelands to show for it and a team that was better prepared on the day

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

moysider

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on July 30, 2014, 10:12:03 AM
Quote from: moysider on July 29, 2014, 10:57:54 PM

Tsk tsk

Sorry Moysider but you are talking absolute dung there.
The 1996 team was a brand new out of the bag football teamMadden, Cahill, Mortimer, Nallen, Connelly, Brady, Sheridan, Horan, Casey, Nestor were all new or nearly new to 1996

And you need to let things go, McHale was 34 in 1999. I'm sick of this chat that we got hijacked in 98 and 99, we didnt, we lost to a team that were better than us and have two all irelands to show for it and a team that was better prepared on the day

Sure that was what I m saying. Came from nowhere. No years of team building involved at all. That s exactly the point I was making.