Brennan orders investigation into Croker pitch

Started by Over the Bar, November 17, 2006, 12:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the Bar

For 2 years despite the complaints of most teams who played on it all we got from Croker was "The playing surface is perfect, state of the art...blah...blah"   

Now that it's soon to host it's first foreign games, an investigation into the long-heard complaints is taking place as a matter of urgency.   Our GAA players complain for years and nothing's done.  The IRFU & FAI raise the matter and Croker fall over backwards to placate them.    ??? >:( ???

dubnut

I was wondering the same myself.
And lets not even start about the no camp still moaning, this is a seperate issue.

GallBoss

Thats bull they've tried numerous times to do something with it after all the complaints. Drop the anti soccer rugby argument.

Gnevin

Quote from: GallBoss on November 17, 2006, 12:35:33 PM
Thats bull they've tried numerous times to do something with it after all the complaints. Drop the anti soccer rugby argument.

Yeah drop the anti soccer thing well all know the dubs ruined the pitch  ::)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Over the Bar

QuoteThats bull they've tried numerous times to do something with it after all the complaints

Perhaps I've just missed it then. Maybe you could provide some links to the previous investigations ordered by Brennan or Sean Kelly?
I don't have an anti soccer/rugby agenda and am an avid supporter of both codes.  My scorn is aimed at the Croke Park officaldom who are happy to order an investigation to ensure thre's no criticsm directed at the pitch when lucrative internationals are due, but do feck all of substance when the GAA players complain.

Aristotle Flynn

About time. The pitch resembles an ice rink sometimes! It's the way its constructed that does it. What's wrong with grass? Besides it being illegal to smoke it.
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.

neilthemac

that idiot Peter McKenna was the only person saying the pitch was fine.

he just doesn't want his precious pitch to be dug up again

GallBoss

This issue came up two years ago so they reseeded it last year remember there was all the talk about lads slippin and the ball bouncing mad bit like now really its mentioned in the article below

http://www.unison.ie/irish_independent/stories.php3?ca=95&si=1397517&issue_id=12482

magpie seanie

And with all games played for the year now is the time to investigate it.

I hope if they find somethnig radically wrong they don't have to close the ground for 6 months to fix it. ;)

ziggysego

Whatever the reason, be thankful it's now being looked at. That said, would have been nice if it was looked at after the muliple requests from GAA players, rather than the single request from FAI and IRFU.

Wales soccer manager John Toshack was given a tour of Croke Park yesterday and was blown away with how good it is. He said, "Now the modern Croke Park appears to be able to retain that magic within the surroundings of one of the best arenas in Europe, if not the world."

He also added "The view for the supporters is superb and I'm sure our fans will take up their full allocation of 7,500 tickets. But as a manager it is the pitch and dressing room areas that concerned me most. On both counts, I was delighted with what I saw."
Testing Accessibility