Previous topic - Next topic

on the sideline

Is the match being shown on tv today?

longballin

Quote from: on the sideline on June 30, 2018, 03:38:54 PM
Quote from: longballin on June 30, 2018, 11:57:36 AM
SKY

Thanks

I haven't done you a favour. Of all the sport on TV this weekend Gaelic football will be the hardest watch. Chess

BennyHarp

So we are now one game from the Super 8. If we get there, according to GAA.ie, our fixtures will be one of these 4
If we beat Cork, 1st game is Croke Park against the other qualifier in the group, then home to Dublin and away to Donegal.
If we beat Roscommon, Croker against the other qualifier first, then home to Donegal and away to Dublin.
If we beat Fermanagh, first the other qualifier in the group in Croker, next home to Galway them away to Kerry.
If we beat Laois, first in Croker against the other qualifier, next at home to Kerry and then away to Galway.

So looks like first game would definitely be in Croker against the other qualifier, second at home to a provincial winner and last game away to the other provincial winner.
That was never a square ball!!

Redhand Santa

We need to improve an awful lot but if we have any realistic ambitions of making a semi final you'd be looking to get Roscommon or Fermanagh tomorrow. No matter what if you got to the super 8s that first game against another qualifier would be critical. A win there (and draw the teams above) and you'd be facing Galway or Donegal at Home who'd hopefully be coming of the back of a loss in basically a winner takes all game.

On current form there's no guarantee we'll even make it past next week but if we do I think that's the best chance we'd have. I assume we'd use omagh for the super 8s but if you'd the option I'd be more than happy to go elsewhere.

I said last week Morgan gets a hard time on here and yesterday shows it again. If he'd made mistakes like O'Neill did yesterday the usual suspects would be on with over the top criticism and telling us Mickey O'Neill doesn't make mistakes. Morgan is better under the high ball and much quicker getting the kick outs away. Don't want to be harsh on O'Neill either as he is still getting used to games at that level but it is worth pointing out.

omagh_gael

I thought it strange to see Micky start. Don't think Morgan was injured as he took part in full training on Thursday evening. Unless he picked up a knock between then and Ssturday. Unlikely though.

rrhf

Am I right that Fermanagh can't play Monaghan/ Armagh so they need to pull Kildare or its Fermanagh Tyrone. Anyway great to see 5 out of the last 12 from ulster.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: rrhf on July 01, 2018, 08:02:59 PM
Am I right that Fermanagh can't play Monaghan/ Armagh so they need to pull Kildare or its Fermanagh Tyrone. Anyway great to see 5 out of the last 12 from ulster.

There was some talk that with thr permutations Tyrone were more likely to draw Fermanagh than anyone else.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

redzone

McClure was poor on sat, I'd have Mcnulty back in. Kieran mcgeary in as well

LeoMc

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 01, 2018, 08:31:34 AM
So we are now one game from the Super 8. If we get there, according to GAA.ie, our fixtures will be one of these 4
If we beat Cork, 1st game is Croke Park against the other qualifier in the group, then home to Dublin and away to Donegal.
If we beat Roscommon, Croker against the other qualifier first, then home to Donegal and away to Dublin.
If we beat Fermanagh, first the other qualifier in the group in Croker, next home to Galway them away to Kerry.
If we beat Laois, first in Croker against the other qualifier, next at home to Kerry and then away to Galway.

So looks like first game would definitely be in Croker against the other qualifier, second at home to a provincial winner and last game away to the other provincial winner.
So if we beat Cork is it then v Armagh/ Roscommon in Croke Park, v Dublin in Omagh then v Donegal in Ballybofey?
Could have been a lot worse.

outsideoftheboot

Believe it or not... Still a decent chance of making an AI semi final, and that's a game that could go anyway on the day. Play cork which is achievable. then play rossie/Armagh which is also achievable. Then 3rd game Donegal is also achievable (although in ballybofey it could be a struggle) when was the last time tyrone beat Donegal in ballybofey? but its doable all the same. Then Kerry/galway most likely in an All Ireland semi final. Extremely tough but on championship day could go anyway.

trueblue1234

Quote from: outsideoftheboot on July 02, 2018, 11:03:54 AM
Believe it or not... Still a decent chance of making an AI semi final, and that's a game that could go anyway on the day. Play cork which is achievable. then play rossie/Armagh which is also achievable. Then 3rd game Donegal is also achievable (although in ballybofey it could be a struggle) when was the last time tyrone beat Donegal in ballybofey? but its doable all the same. Then Kerry/galway most likely in an All Ireland semi final. Extremely tough but on championship day could go anyway.

I don't think Donegal have been beat in Ballybofey in years if memory serves me right.  Very tough away draw. But at least it local.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

redcard

Quote from: outsideoftheboot on July 02, 2018, 11:03:54 AM

And they play England in the final because they are already there too

trailer

We're ordinary enough. This Cork game should give us an idea of where exactly we are. If we tank them, then a good run at the AI series is a possibility. If we scrape by, well then it could be 3 defeats unfortunately. Cork aren't good as Kerry showed. But are we any better?