Donegal v Tyrone, Sunday Aug 5, Ballybofey

Started by Ball Hopper, July 21, 2018, 11:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Jayop on August 03, 2018, 08:56:28 PM
Any and all podcasts/radio shows I listened to have Donegal picked to win this with the exception of yer man Conan on the GAA hour who called a draw.

Huge weight being put on the Ballybofey factor for all of them. It's kinda interesting how that's given so much importance despite our last game there being a few years ago but our wins over Donegal in 2015/16 are disregarded because this is a different Donegal team/manager. The previous wins Donegal had over us were 3 managers back so I don't really see the big issue.

I'd have Tyrone to win by 3.

Why do you care who the pundits are picking?

Rois

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 03, 2018, 08:17:23 PM
Quote from: Rois on August 03, 2018, 05:05:09 PM
He was on the deck being treated for a dodgy ankle two mins before that chance - may have still been feeling the effects.

Didn't realise that. You from Strabane or Glenmornan?
Neither. Ballymagorry  ;D But we talked about it at the time because my (71 year old) father brought it up, and he's a harsh enough critic, and if he makes excuses then I generally listen to him. If you went to St Colman's between 1970 and 2000 you'll know what I mean.

omagh_gael

Having a nosey round YouTube and came across this...

https://youtu.be/MBousEYODF8

The Ulster GAA Facebook page used to do an alternative angle wrap up of all the best scores from the games. I always thought it was a great watch.

Having rewatched it again Sean's last point was a serious effort. He took some hits before he got the shot away.

RedHand88

Quote from: lenny on August 03, 2018, 09:06:01 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on August 03, 2018, 04:55:11 PM
You would swear Donegal were the only team with injuries. Lee Brennan was top scorer in the league and his continued absence is a big loss for Tyrone.

Mcbrearty has been one of the best forwards in ireland for several seasons now. Harte hasn't rated brennan at all until finally giving him an opportunity this year. There is no guarantee he would be a starter if he was fit given harte's obvious misgivings about him. Gallagher is a huge loss also, he was heading for an all star, such was his form this season. With those 2 massive losses for donegal it makes this a 50/50 game. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a low scoring draw.

I'd take that now

Jayop

Quote from: J70 on August 03, 2018, 10:12:51 PM
Any and all podcasts/radio shows I listened to have Donegal picked to win this with the exception of yer man Conan on the GAA hour who called a draw.

Huge weight being put on the Ballybofey factor for all of them. It's kinda interesting how that's given so much importance despite our last game there being a few years ago but our wins over Donegal in 2015/16 are disregarded because this is a different Donegal team/manager. The previous wins Donegal had over us were 3 managers back so I don't really see the big issue.

Why do you care who the pundits are picking?

Not sure how you garnered that I care from what I said. It's a discussion forum and I thought it was interesting that so much weight was being put on the Ballybofey factor. They can predict who they want.

Jayop

Eamon McGee is a legend on twitter. Well worth a follow for anyone who doesn't already.

Could only really chat about one thing in @IrishStarSport tomorrow. Donegal/Tyrone and how it brought out the inner dick head in us all.

skeog

Eamon is full of you know what.His 8 week ban for a certain type of abuse a few weeks ago sums him up perfectly.

omaghjoe

Quote from: skeog on August 04, 2018, 03:55:26 AM
Eamon is full of you know what.His 8 week ban for a certain type of abuse a few weeks ago sums him up perfectly.

Tell us more....

the goal was on

Agree, how lads like that get paper columns when they were complete arses when playing.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 03, 2018, 10:21:28 PM

The Ulster GAA Facebook page used to do an alternative angle wrap up of all the best scores from the games. I always thought it was a great watch.

Having rewatched it again Sean's last point was a serious effort. He took some hits before he got the shot away.

The quality of scores in that game was incredible.
Some display of long range point kicking
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

ONeill

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 04, 2018, 11:21:47 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on August 03, 2018, 10:21:28 PM

The quality of scores in that game was incredible.
Some display of long range point kicking

And for so many of the points you knew you were getting hit as soon as the ball left your boot.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

SouthDublinBro

The Monaghan boys will be praying for a Donegal win here.

inthrough

Tomas O Se also picked Tyrone on RTE & The Irish Times picked Tyrone as well

An Watcher

Monaghan winning has added a bit more spice to tomorrow's game, as if it needed any.

I'd be quietly confident of tyrone beating Monaghan next week if we can beat Donegal tomorrow.  Similarly, I'd be backing Monaghan to beat Donegal if they get through. 

Wildweasel74

Monaghan beat either of the two of you to be honest!