Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpackiechestout

It's ridiculous that everyone is bringing season ticket holders into this debate, they have nothing to do with the problem. Obviously they deserve their ticket since they've been going to games all year and have paid up. However between Tyrone and Donegal you would have a maximum of 4000 season ticket holders. I understand the capacity of Ballybofey this Sunday is around 16000, so leaving aside the season ticket holders there are 12000 extra tickets. This would have been more than enough to satisfy demand through the clubs as well as putting some on general sale. The balls up is because the GAA stupidly put too many tickets up for general sale, and put them up too early. It has nothing to with season tickets. I'm surprised I haven't seen this mentioned more in the media this week as it is a disgrace, although maybe everyone has got tired talking about GAA f*ck-ups this summer...

BIGONE

There'll be plenty of tickets lads! chill out ffs!

bigtogs

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 02, 2018, 12:50:56 PM
Quote from: In hiding on August 01, 2018, 11:19:59 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 01, 2018, 11:12:37 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 01, 2018, 10:31:57 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on August 01, 2018, 11:17:52 AM
Any club member should get priority over a season ticket holder???
A club member pays an annual subscription to his/her club and doesn't have to attend any matches whatsoever. A season ticket holder pays out more and that is before the expense of travelling away to these games.

This.

I know people who volunteer at their Club 3 or 4 nights a week. When NFL or McKenna Cup games are on they dont have time OR have work commitments OR Club commitments on that mean they cant attend.

For example. In Feb someone coaches the senior team. Training Tues
Training Fri
Match Sun

Saturday is given over to catching up at home or family time. So it's fair they.miss out to someone who never darkens the Club door?

This

McKenna cup games are 70mins long, same as late on championship games. If they don't have time for a McKenna cup game then logically they don't have time for a  all Ireland series game either.

You have not managed many senior teams in the last 5 years then....

In hiding

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 02, 2018, 12:50:56 PM
Quote from: In hiding on August 01, 2018, 11:19:59 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 01, 2018, 11:12:37 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 01, 2018, 10:31:57 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on August 01, 2018, 11:17:52 AM
Any club member should get priority over a season ticket holder???
A club member pays an annual subscription to his/her club and doesn’t have to attend any matches whatsoever. A season ticket holder pays out more and that is before the expense of travelling away to these games.

This.

I know people who volunteer at their Club 3 or 4 nights a week. When NFL or McKenna Cup games are on they dont have time OR have work commitments OR Club commitments on that mean they cant attend.

For example. In Feb someone coaches the senior team. Training Tues
Training Fri
Match Sun

Saturday is given over to catching up at home or family time. So it's fair they.miss out to someone who never darkens the Club door?

This

McKenna cup games are 70mins long, same as late on championship games. If they don't have time for a McKenna cup game then logically they don't have time for a  all Ireland series game either.

This statement is why there is a disconnect between club and county in the county.

Therealdonald

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on August 02, 2018, 01:56:33 PM
It's ridiculous that everyone is bringing season ticket holders into this debate, they have nothing to do with the problem. Obviously they deserve their ticket since they've been going to games all year and have paid up. However between Tyrone and Donegal you would have a maximum of 4000 season ticket holders. I understand the capacity of Ballybofey this Sunday is around 16000, so leaving aside the season ticket holders there are 12000 extra tickets. This would have been more than enough to satisfy demand through the clubs as well as putting some on general sale. The balls up is because the GAA stupidly put too many tickets up for general sale, and put them up too early. It has nothing to with season tickets. I'm surprised I haven't seen this mentioned more in the media this week as it is a disgrace, although maybe everyone has got tired talking about GAA f*ck-ups this summer...

It's not that the season ticket holders have caused it or anything. Its just the complaining. There will be infinite more good GAA club peoples who will lose out than the season ticket holders. As mentioned below, in 90% of the cases, if you are involved with your club coaching/playing from minor age up, you don't have the time for McKenna Cup games or league games (for definite away games). But these are the good genuine gaels who will lose out. I'd be more afraid of offending and losing them than losing Joe Bloggs who couldnt name his senior club captain.

Just on another note, is it not nigh on time that the GAA sold all their tickets through Ticketmaster or the GAA website. Then everyone has the fair chance.

redzone

I'd imangine all clubs will look after the loyal volunteers, you can be sure of that.

GlenMan

Quote from: redzone on August 02, 2018, 05:52:27 PM
I'd imangine all clubs will look after the loyal volunteers, you can be sure of that.

How can Club's look after the loyal volunteers when they're only getting a small percentage for requested tickets? Most Clubs will distribute to Committee > Players > Active Members > Nonactive members. They won't even get past players.

twenty one yard free

Many clubs never ordered a ticket for the Brewster Park game against Cavan and Carlow but it's very easy to blame the season ticket holders, many of the season ticket holders will be in attendance at the O'Fiaich Cup, some club members will never have heard tell of it

Therealdonald

Quote from: GlenMan on August 02, 2018, 06:02:31 PM
Quote from: redzone on August 02, 2018, 05:52:27 PM

How can Club's look after the loyal volunteers when they're only getting a small percentage for requested tickets? Most Clubs will distribute to Committee > Players > Active Members > Nonactive members. They won't even get past players.

Won't get past committee. Bad state of affairs. Not sure how many of you listen to Wooly Parkinson's podcast but he says is this the worst administrative year in the history of the GAA?

redzone

There isn't enough tickets to include players. So I think it's probably committe then the loyal volunteers then the rest will be drawn out. You would be surprised the amount of club players who don't attend county games. Of course there will be a few who will miss out but if your are great volunteer then im pretty sure you will be rewarded

redzone

One very prominent club in Tyrone orders less than 15 tickets for the Dublin game

RedHand88

Quote from: Therealdonald on August 02, 2018, 04:19:28 PM
Quote from: bigpackiechestout on August 02, 2018, 01:56:33 PM

It's not that the season ticket holders have caused it or anything. Its just the complaining. There will be infinite more good GAA club peoples who will lose out than the season ticket holders. As mentioned below, in 90% of the cases, if you are involved with your club coaching/playing from minor age up, you don't have the time for McKenna Cup games or league games (for definite away games). But these are the good genuine gaels who will lose out. I'd be more afraid of offending and losing them than losing Joe Bloggs who couldnt name his senior club captain.

Just on another note, is it not nigh on time that the GAA sold all their tickets through Ticketmaster or the GAA website. Then everyone has the fair chance.

Maybe, though then you're going to have a kaleidoscope of fans on big days instead of huge crowds from just the 2 counties.

skeog

Cuts out volunteers being robbed with match takings which has happened in the past. Online sales also a very efficient way of payment to hq.

southtyronegael

mattie donnelly out according to brian mc guigan on twitter!

Scoring Zone

Quote from: southtyronegael on August 02, 2018, 08:50:21 PM
mattie donnelly out according to brian mc guigan on twitter!

heard that, and heard on monday richard donnelly out as well. Micky looked like a bull in the team talk interview, compared to his usual demeanour so there could be fair few changes if its true