Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeog

Damien got the rub of the green in county final.Things even out some times.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: skeog on November 05, 2018, 05:25:29 PM

I've found it slightly amusing the coalisland ones I work with today screaming injustice and how 'rough' Crossmaglen were.

Localexpert

Couldn't agree more that a bit of luck can be the most important thing in winning a championship but there's a difference in say hitting the post and going in rather than wide and when a referee performance is verging on having an agenda!

Localexpert

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 05, 2018, 05:33:00 PM

I've found it slightly amusing the coalisland ones I work with today screaming injustice and how 'rough' Crossmaglen were.

That sounds more like a middle aged woman's interpretation than one if the players  ;D

In hiding

Quote from: Localexpert on November 05, 2018, 05:37:01 PM

Couldn't agree more that a bit of luck can be the most important thing in winning a championship but there's a difference in say hitting the post and going in rather than wide and when a referee performance is verging on having an agenda!

The ref sent off two cross players too. He's not much good at the agenda thing if thats how he thinks it works.
Was talking to two Armagh men this morning, they wanted to know did coalisland usually bend the knee when it came to closing out a big game

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: OurKid on November 05, 2018, 04:28:10 PM
Quote from: skeog on November 05, 2018, 04:16:19 PM
Coalisland doing some crying about pitch ref etc.
Think it's well justified to be honest , was at the game myself pitch wasn't too bad but ref wasn't great now. Out of his depth to put it nicely , thought coalisland did well to stay in the game? Big pete donnelly done that well he could have saved a PDF file on a calculator. Unlucky result if I'm honest but well done to cross good outfit.

Just as well we were playing on a different pitch. It made all the difference to be honest.

As for the ref, he sent 3 men off for double yellows which were fair enough in my opinion and a 4th for a nasty piece of abuse. Unfortunately he didn't see the player spitting on our official otherwise there would have been another deserved red card. As for the rest of his performance we scored 2 points from
frees and Coalisland scored 8, he gave them plenty as some were dubious enough. If Donnelly hadn't been on his game beteeen the sticks I reckon we would have won a lot easier. Maybe he could replace Morgan next year for the county as he's a very assured player in there.

WT4E

Think it's well justified to be honest , was at the game myself pitch wasn't too bad but ref wasn't great now. Out of his depth to put it nicely , thought coalisland did well to stay in the game? Big pete donnelly done that well he could have saved a PDF file on a calculator. Unlucky result if I'm honest but well done to cross good outfit.

Quality!  ;D ;D

square_ball

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 05, 2018, 06:21:22 PM

Just as well we were playing on a different pitch. It made all the difference to be honest.

As for the ref, he sent 3 men off for double yellows which were fair enough in my opinion and a 4th for a nasty piece of abuse. Unfortunately he didn't see the player spitting on our official otherwise there would have been another deserved red card. As for the rest of his performance we scored 2 points from
frees and Coalisland scored 8, he gave them plenty as some were dubious enough. If Donnelly hadn't been on his game beteeen the sticks I reckon we would have won a lot easier. Maybe he could replace Morgan next year for the county as he's a very assured player in there.

Donnelly wasn't great in goals throughout the Tyrone championship. Cross' finishing was very poor on Saturday night. Their great teams of the past would have bagged them.

As usual the losing team always have the biggest grievances with the referee. Easy excuse to make.

BIGONE

Coalisland player spat at a cross official?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: BIGONE on November 05, 2018, 07:41:21 PM

Yes allegedly and it wasn't just Cross people who said this to me.

Taylor

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 05, 2018, 05:33:00 PM

I actually thought it was Coalisland who tried to rough Cross up and paid the price for ill discipline.
If they had kept their cool and focused on their own game instead of the shenanigans on Saturday night they could have been in a semi final now.

It will be a while before they win Tyrone again so a definite missed opportunity

Taylor

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 05, 2018, 08:07:09 PM

Was it the incident with the physio?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Taylor on November 05, 2018, 08:39:10 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 05, 2018, 08:07:09 PM

Was it the incident with the physio?

Yes

Jim Bob

Did Hampsey actually fire one or is above shite talk?