Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

Quote from: Wee Roddy on October 09, 2018, 04:08:10 PM
As Mountfield is in Cappagh parish they wouldn't have been eligible to play for the Lough.
What is interesting to me is if the Lough had not of split from Carrickmore whether our 1 team parish would have won the Ulster Club ala Errigal Ciaran.

Ye usually cant beat and kick yer way to an Ulster  ;)

Also Im pretty sure Clonoe parish would have hammered yis out the gate in the county championship

bogball88

Quote from: omaghjoe on October 09, 2018, 04:06:37 PM
Quote from: WT4E on October 09, 2018, 03:53:44 PM
What about Killyclogher - they have benefited greatly from the mountfield lads in the past. There would have been a big argument from the Lough club that they should have went that way. Would have been interesting to see if Lough could have got the big one if they had? Maybe bating Carmen in a final!  ;D

If your ma's your Da...

What if Greencastle took the Creegan lads, Beragh took the Tursallagh, Galbally took the Inishative.....
Or if Errigal took the....oh wait

trailer

Has there been clubs formed of the back of a split? Obviously Errigal is a fairly famous new formation and CNG is an amalgamation, but a case where a whole new club came into existence and the original still exists?

omaghjoe

Glenelly is at least one split from Gortin.

Under Lights

Quote from: omaghjoe on October 09, 2018, 05:40:59 PM
Glenelly is at least one split from Gortin.

Any chance of a reconciliation, I seen the beragh v glenelly game this year, it wasn't pretty.

BIGONE

Serious hanging around for Junior clubs in playoffs!

Under Lights

Quote from: BIGONE on October 10, 2018, 08:24:55 AM
Serious hanging around for Junior clubs in playoffs!

18th of November will be the D3 V D2 playoff match.

First round of play offs this weekend. Following one will probably be in two weeks 28th leaving three years till the 18th

LeoMc

Aghaloo and Tattyreagh both bordering Carrickmore?

WT4E

Quote from: Degrassi Hi on October 09, 2018, 11:32:59 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on October 09, 2018, 04:06:37 PM
Quote from: WT4E on October 09, 2018, 03:53:44 PM
What about Killyclogher - they have benefited greatly from the mountfield lads in the past. There would have been a big argument from the Lough club that they should have went that way. Would have been interesting to see if Lough could have got the big one if they had? Maybe bating Carmen in a final!  ;D

If your ma's your Da...

What if Greencastle took the Creegan lads, Beragh took the Tursallagh, Galbally took the Inishative.....

Looking at the Greencastle all ireland team in the Herald last week there was a fair few Creggan men playing like the captain Marty Conway, Barry Tracey, Damien O'Hagan and Shane Coyle. Carmen is a big parish when you think of Loughmacrory & Creggan being part of it. I dont know the exact ins and outs of splits between creggan & lough with Carrickmore but Carmen would have been a mighy force if they'd their whole parish playing under the one umbrella.
Gemma Begley is also from Creggan & plays for Carmen - she's probably closer to Kildress though!

She could probably jump from her front door into Kildress!

We would take any Creggan players that where willing to come our way at the minute!!!! Need all the help we can get. PS didn't realise Barry Tracey was Creggan!

Wee Roddy

Barry played underage for Carrickmore and lives in Carrickmore parish. I have no idea why he opted for Greencastle

omaghjoe

Quote from: Wee Roddy on October 10, 2018, 12:29:22 PM
Barry played underage for Carrickmore and lives in Carrickmore parish. I have no idea why he opted for Greencastle

Wud say most people outside of carrickmore have a good enuff idea