The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: GJL on May 01, 2019, 10:06:21 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 01, 2019, 10:02:24 PM
Quote from: GJL on May 01, 2019, 09:38:21 PM
;D
Good man, a fella who made such a fool of himself on here he went and changed his username. A fella who hasn't been seen on his own thread after the battering his own team got against teams like Everton.. You're as much a gobshite  as that Over the Bar ass wipe. Must be a Tyrone thing..

Hurting much. Lol.

Messi level bants, impressive interwebbing

You gotta think Barca will score at least once at Anfield. Such a huge task ahead for Liverpool. Still can't fathom Klopps team selection.

Hound

Given Bobby not 100%, I think initial selection was spot on but overall Messi and Suarez more clinical than Mane and Salah probably the difference, so have to hand it to Barca.

Second goal was the sickner, as it was flukey and completely against the run of play. Maybe he wasn't fit enough, but if we'd have had Bobby on instead of Gini for the long period of dominance in the second half at 1-0, i'm sure we'd have made it count. Barca were starting to look tired, but 'goals change games', the 2nd gave them a big boost and the superb third gave them another!

Bringing Origi on to play tight on the left touchline doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Literally Moreno would be better! And seriously, would have been better bringing on Trent to play as an attacking midfielder. 4 strikers never works

clarshack

Going to predict Barcelona will go through on away goals (5-5).

laoislad

Don't think you can blame team selection on that result,  if one of those chances goes in when it was still 1-0 I could have seen Liverpool getting another. Hound is correct the second goal was the killer as it was flukey and against the run of play.The 3rd just has to applauded as pure brilliance.
A couple of early goals at Anfield and who knows what could happen, but it's a huge ask. An away goal would have made it more likely but not to be.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Hound

Quote from: laoislad on May 01, 2019, 10:19:12 PM
Don't think you can blame team selection on that  if one of those chances goes in I could see Liverpool getting another. Hound is correct the second goal was the killer as it was flukey and against the run of play.The 3rd just has to applauded as pure brilliance.
A couple of early goals at Anfield and who knows what could happen, but it's a huge ask. An away goal would have made it more likely but not to be.
Yeah, even 3-1 would have given us a shot, as on a good day we could match that and then see how extra time went. 5-1 a step too far! And hard to imagine a situation where Barca are held scoreless

north_antrim_hound

Disappointing result and score line a bit harsh, Messi and Suarez just more clinical.
Can't believe some tw.ts on here laughing at a team that is 26 points better than theirs. Complete pr..cks
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

LooseCannon

It's not over yet. As the Munster Rugby phrase goes: "To the brave and faithful nothing is impossible ".

J70

Quote from: LooseCannon on May 01, 2019, 10:38:18 PM
It's not over yet. As the Munster Rugby phrase goes: "To the brave and faithful nothing is impossible ".

In all likelihood it's over.

Of course Liverpool could overwhelm them in the first half hour and get a goal or two, but Barca will just pick them off in the end, like they should have done a couple of times at the end tonight.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on May 01, 2019, 10:33:37 PM
Disappointing result and score line a bit harsh, Messi and Suarez just more clinical.
Can't believe some tw.ts on here laughing at a team that is 26 points better than theirs. Complete pr..cks

Jeez, it's banter, if you go on the Utd thread after a defeat the ones on here complaining about the usual suspects are winding ones up!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Quote from: thebigfella on May 01, 2019, 10:05:34 PM
I thought Suarez celebrating actually was quite refreshing. Fair play to him rather than pandering to the usual nonsense you can't - he's still a hatefully cnut though :D

I've no issue with Suarez.

He's a Barca player, he's committed to them, it's a Champions League semi. Fair f**ks to him.

Still one of the best players to wear the Liverpool shirt.

Over the Bar

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on May 01, 2019, 10:33:37 PM

26 points but it looks like f**k-all trophies yet again!  Even Wigan have won a major since you guys!  ;D

Does it make you feel better that I had a bet on Barca to win and both teams to score? Yes? Good!  Now dry your wee eyes and shuffle off to bed.  Next year is yours ...maybe 8)

J70

You're about the same level of poster as the likes of Dolph.

Fair fucks.

manfromdelmonte

Ye've a fountain to climb in the second leg

J70

Nothing to lose now. Might as well go nuts and win 3-2 on the night.

Or lose 3-2.

highorlow

Quote26 points but it looks like f**k-all trophies yet again!  Even Wigan have won a major since you guys!  ;D

Does it make you feel better that I had a bet on Barca to win and both teams to score? Yes? Good!  Now dry your wee eyes and shuffle off to bed.  Next year is yours ...maybe 8)

Jesus
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go