Connacht Club Championships 2018

Started by Owenmoresider, September 24, 2018, 12:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oliverkelly

Quote from: Blowitupref on October 14, 2018, 09:33:48 PM
Some win for Clann na ngael and what a way to end the St Brigids dominance. Cathal Shine looked very lean and was well involved in that victory today and in that shape should be back on the county panel. I thought both Lennon brothers looked good as did number 5 Jack Connaughton. Remains a mystery how Senan Kilbride didn't show his best at county level a top footballer in full flow. Mark Daly looks like one player from Brigids that the next Roscommon manager should have a look at.

Mark Daly had a decent year but Brigids were dominated at midfield yesterday by cathal and Ultan. Apart from one run that he hit crossbar Daly was very poor.

galwayman

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 14, 2018, 10:18:03 PM
Quote from: galwayman on October 14, 2018, 10:15:17 PM
Clonbur will represent Galway in the Connacht junior club competition.
They play Corofins second team in the county final and go onto Connacht regardless as Corofin can't play in it.

Did Clonbur not play in an All Ireland junior a few years ago too?
They won the junior AI in 2012. That was a good side.
They have gone back a lot since then though.
I don't think there's too many of that team still playing now.

Maroon Manc

I see Cillian McDaid has been released by Carlton Blues, would be a huge boost for Galway.

http://www.the42.ie/ciaran-byrne-carlton-cillian-mcdaid-afl-4286555-Oct2018/

Owenmoresider

Update on how things stand. Anyone know where the Galway junior picture is at?

Senior Football
QFs - 4th November
Tourlestrane (Sligo) v Breaffy or Ballintubber (Mayo)
Clann na Gael (Roscommon) v Fulham Irish or Tir Conaill Gaels (London)

SFs - 11th November
Aughawillan (Leitrim) v Mayo/Sligo
Galway v Roscommon/London

Final - 25th November

Intermediate Football
QF - 3rd November
Fenagh or Annaduff (Leitrim) v Curry or Shamrock Gaels (Sligo)

SFs - 10th November
An Spideal or Micheal Breathnach (Galway) v Belmullet or Burrishoole (Mayo)
Fuerty or Oran (Roscommon) v Sligo/Leitrim

Final - TBC

Junior Football
QF - 3rd November
Easkey (Sligo) v Glenfarne/Kilty (Leitrim)

SFs - 10th November
Kilglass Gaels (Roscommon) v Clonbur (Galway)
Balla (Mayo) v Sligo/Leitrim

Senior Hurling
::)

Intermediate Hurling
QF - 29th October
Tooreen (Mayo) v Athleague (Roscommon)

SF - 10/11 November
St Gabriels (London) v Mayo/Roscommon

F - 18th November
Galway v winners

Junior Hurling
SF - 29th October
Sligo v Leitrim

F - TBC
Galway v Sligo/Leitrim

Sligo:
SFC
Tourlestrane

IFC
Curry v Shamrock Gaels

JFC
Easkey

SHC
Calry/St. Joseph's v Naomh Eoin
Coolera/Strandhill v Easkey

Leitrim:
SFC
Aughawillan

IFC
Fenagh v Annaduff

JFC
Glenfarne/Kilty

SHC
Carrick v Manorhamilton

Mayo:
SFC
Breaffy v Ballintubber

IFC
Belmullet v Burrishoole

JFC
Balla

SHC
Tooreen

Roscommon:
SFC
Clann na Gael

IFC
Fuerty v Oran

JFC
Clann na Gael v Kilglass Gaels - latter are through to Connacht

SHC
Athleague

Galway:
SFC
Annaghdown v Corofin
Mountbellew v Salthill

IFC
An Spideal v Michael Breathnach

JFC
Clonbur

SHC
Sarsfields v Castlegar
Loughrea v Cappataggle
Liam Mellows v Tynagh Abbey Duniry
St Thomas v Gort or Clarinbridge

IHC
Meelick/Eyrecourt v Kilconieron
Oranmore v Kinvara or Rahoon/Newcastle

JHC

London:
SFC
Fulham Irish v Tir Conaill Gaels

SHC
St Gabriels

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 15, 2018, 11:27:47 AM
I see Cillian McDaid has been released by Carlton Blues, would be a huge boost for Galway.

Big boost alright. Super talent. In an area where Galway need an upgrade as well.

Surprised he's back so soon. He was mad keen to get out there. Seems like it was his decision too.

Blowitupref

Quote from: oliverkelly on October 15, 2018, 10:03:49 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on October 14, 2018, 09:33:48 PM
Some win for Clann na ngael and what a way to end the St Brigids dominance. Cathal Shine looked very lean and was well involved in that victory today and in that shape should be back on the county panel. I thought both Lennon brothers looked good as did number 5 Jack Connaughton. Remains a mystery how Senan Kilbride didn't show his best at county level a top footballer in full flow. Mark Daly looks like one player from Brigids that the next Roscommon manager should have a look at.

Mark Daly had a decent year but Brigids were dominated at midfield yesterday by cathal and Ultan. Apart from one run that he hit crossbar Daly was very poor.

Thought he broke even with Harney with both having good games. Brigids put at least 3 different midfielders on Cathal Shine and he got the better of all of them.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Maroon Manc

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 15, 2018, 01:22:40 PM

Big boost alright. Super talent. In an area where Galway need an upgrade as well.

Surprised he's back so soon. He was mad keen to get out there. Seems like it was his decision too.

All a bit odd but brilliant news from a Galway point of view. I've only seen him a handful of times but everytime he really stood out, he appeared to have a great engine on him, is very quick and can kick scores from distance from both feet. If only Corofin could exit the championship early this year so Molloy & Dylan Wall could get a real run at it.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 14, 2018, 11:00:58 PM
Quote from: galwayman on October 14, 2018, 10:15:17 PM
Clonbur will represent Galway in the Connacht junior club competition.
They play Corofins second team in the county final and go onto Connacht regardless as Corofin can't play in it.

AnFhaircheAbu will be hsppy. How did the name Clonbur come from An Fhairche?

I'm sure someone else will have a more complete answer, but was originally (or could have been a close townland) called Cluan Barr, lawn of grassy hills.

Don't know if An Fhairche came later or was a nearby townland.
Hasta la victoria siempre

Orchard park

Very few cone back and play like Paul Earley or Mickey Quinn. Most have broken bodies.

Hopefully only one year hadn't caused any injuries. A serious footballer and a fit McDaid a huge asset for Galway

Duine Eile

Don't think Cillian played senior while he was out there, he's been home a few times in the past year too so whatever game time he's had it's been limited enough I'd say. He should be good to go straight away hopefully. Himself, Liam Silke and Dylan Wall would be 3 serious additions to the Galway panel. A lot will depend on Corofin's run in the championship too of course when it comes to the likes of Wall and Molloy getting a decent run in the league.

seafoid

Quote from: Duine Eile on October 16, 2018, 04:01:15 PM
Don't think Cillian played senior while he was out there, he's been home a few times in the past year too so whatever game time he's had it's been limited enough I'd say. He should be good to go straight away hopefully. Himself, Liam Silke and Dylan Wall would be 3 serious additions to the Galway panel. A lot will depend on Corofin's run in the championship too of course when it comes to the likes of Wall and Molloy getting a decent run in the league.
From a Galway pov it would be great if Corofin lost in the first round  ::)
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

rosnarun

Quote from: Orchard park on October 16, 2018, 08:59:24 AM

Very few cone back and play like Paul Earley or Mickey Quinn. Most have broken bodies.

Hopefully only one year hadn't caused any injuries. A serious footballer and a fit McDaid a huge asset for Galway

even though it ended quickly didn't Marty Clarke nearly win an all Ireland on his own for down
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Syferus

Quote from: MayoBuck on October 16, 2018, 08:58:46 PM
http://connachtgaa.ie/news/details-connacht-club-championships-announced/

Fixtures and venues for the Connacht championships.

I like how full sure P-Diddy is that Clann will beat the London champions that he listed the venue of the semi-final against Galway as the Hyde. Assuming Clann lost the match would surely be in Galway.

Rossfan

Seeing as they bet your super  heroes they'll surely bate the Londoners :P
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM