Windows 7: worth twenty euro?

Started by deiseach, November 12, 2009, 03:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

I signed up to the Windows 7 upgrade programme for my new-ish laptop and followed it right to the end where it told me I'd have to cough up €20 shipping. On its own I'd pay that to have a new toy but there's going to be a lot of grief in getting Mrs d on to the new system when she's already set everything up for Vista. Factoring that in, I'm not sure it's worth it. Is Windows 7 sufficiently splendid to make it worth the hassle?

thebigfella

Quote from: deiseach on November 12, 2009, 03:00:32 PM
I signed up to the Windows 7 upgrade programme for my new-ish laptop and followed it right to the end where it told me I'd have to cough up €20 shipping. On its own I'd pay that to have a new toy but there's going to be a lot of grief in getting Mrs d on to the new system when she's already set everything up for Vista. Factoring that in, I'm not sure it's worth it. Is Windows 7 sufficiently splendid to make it worth the hassle?

Yes, you don't have to install it yet. You could wait until the 1st service pack comes out but at least when you do upgrade it's only cost 20 euro.

Caid

I'd do it yeah - apparantly its much better than Vista (which I think was worse than XP)

Microsoft seem to be trying to evolve their OS further towards an Apple system over time...

PS: What's your woman doing on the computer when theirs dinner to be made and clothes to iron ;)
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

deiseach

Quote from: Caid on November 12, 2009, 03:08:58 PM
PS: What's your woman doing on the computer when theirs dinner to be made and clothes to iron ;)

Having the dinner made and the clothes ironed for her by me

Caid

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8388253.stm

Microsoft has confirmed that it is investigating a problem described as the "black screen of death", which affects its latest operating system
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

extra time

can any of you guys help. i'm being asked on screen to activate windows. they are counting down the days i have left. currently 20. when i go through the simple enough process i am told i have an unauthorized product key. bought this old computer 2nd hand from charity shop. cant find product key. its a 25 alpha digit key. any suggestions?

Square Ball

all over the web extra time, google it, theres even ones with a youtube video to show you how
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid