I am prepared to go back to the Irish people

Started by Zapatista, December 13, 2008, 08:16:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tankie

Quote from: Pangurban on December 20, 2008, 01:26:05 AM
You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you cant fool all of the people all of the time. This elitist excuse for a treaty, whose only selling point is fear of the alternative, and whose marketing technique is bullying and bribery, will not pass the plain people of Ireland. The people of the other sovereign nations of Europe, whose own governments feared to give them a voice, are depending on us to hold the line for genuine democracy

A statement like that assume the people read the treaty and from what i recall there were a huge amount of people who voted No because they either did not read it or understand it, also the lies from the No side was another big factor in people voting No.

Don't kid yourself that the Irish people are that bright were they feel this is undemocratic!
Grand Slam Saturday!

magpie seanie

I'd just like to hand it to Hardy for arguing to point very clearly and honestly in the face of such frustration and closed mindedness. I'd be completely of the same mind as him. The so-called reasons that us idiots voted "no" the last time are not the real reasons. I knew when Cowen starting talking shite about looking at why the people rejected the treaty that him and his goons would completely miss the point as usual. Which reminds me of one hilarious comment -

Quotethere were a huge amount of people who voted No because they either did not read it

Two words - Brian Cowen!

carribbear

I wonder how many nations would actually vote yes if they were given the opportunity? That would be a very democratic european vote.