Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Quote from: Moonshine on March 19, 2022, 09:34:04 PM
Did ronan o Neill not have to miss is own brothers wedding? Mc kenna seems to be a law into himself. Don't know why? He was poor last year and awful this year.

I must have missed the Kerry game in which McKenna scored 2 goals but yes he has been poor this year.

Ronan O'Neill was told to go his brothers wedding by the management.

HokeyPokey

I don't think players should be expected to be missing out on every event. Going to a brother's wedding or stag do should not be being called into question. Players deserve a bit of leeway especially after the last two years.

Ronan O'Neill, according to O'Neill, was told to go to the wedding and was told it wouldn't be held against him. It's hard for the boys who aren't that far away and have a lot of players competing for the same position. McKenna, by his own admission, wasn't at his best last year. He hasn't got much game time this year so far and has looked almost over eager when he has. Yet, he still was key to Tyrone winning the All-Ireland, coming up with some big moments. Bit early to be writing off his inter-county career.

RedHand88

Quote from: clarshack on March 19, 2022, 09:47:28 PM
Quote from: Moonshine on March 19, 2022, 09:34:04 PM
Did ronan o Neill not have to miss is own brothers wedding? Mc kenna seems to be a law into himself. Don't know why? He was poor last year and awful this year.

I must have missed the Kerry game in which McKenna scored 2 goals but yes he has been poor this year.

Ronan O'Neill was told to go his brothers wedding by the management.

Yes he was fit to go to both. Only missed part of the training season and missed a few hours of the wedding to be at training.

omagh_gael

Couple of quick takes...

Peter Harte was sensational last night.. defending top notch, tackling fantastic and his chip up/dummy score was pure class.

Watched game back last night, big Kennedy had a fine first half. Surprised to see him as he was obv limping last week at the Dub game.

An Watcher

Getting a bit complicated here but if kildare win today they go level with Tyrone.  That leaves either monaghan or dublin playing off on the last day to see who can leap frog Tyrone while the other will be relegated.  Provided kildare don't beat mayo do Tyrone stay up on head to head v kildare and the loser of dub/Mon is relegated also.  I am assuming dublin beat donegal today too

An Watcher

If monaghan and dublin win today monaghan leap frog us and kildare can only finish level with us if they win their last game v mayo.  The dubs would have to beat a nothing to play for monaghan on the last day.  If kildare don't win their last game we are down on head to head v donegal

An Watcher

I haven't taken draws into consideration above and also assumed its head to head rather than score difference that separates two teams.  Could be wrong but if above is correct I think a kildare win today would be the ticket

Aaron Boone

Definitely need one more point to ensure safety.  That Ballybofey loss is/was crucial. 

square_ball

Head to head is taken into account if two teams finish on the same points or score difference if more than 2 finish level.

I can't see Kildare getting another win so they'll be gone. I think Dublin will win their last 2 games if they play like they did last weekend. If those results happens we'll need something in Kerry as Monaghan will go to 6 points if they win today and Dublin will be on 6 points if they get the two wins.

Big win last night. Good first half and hanging on a bit at times in the 2nd half. Harte, Meyler, Canavan and Burns the pick of them for me. Encouraging show from Mattie Donnelly as well.  The form of McGeary, McShane and I'd add Hampsey to that as well is concerning. McShane may have to make do with an impact sub role again this year.

RedHand88

I think we will be fine. There are a few games between the 3 teams below us still to be played, so some if not all of them will drop points. I can't see Kildare getting a result against Mayo either.

We will know better by this evening.

An Watcher

Kildare to win today will leave the dubs or Mon going down along with kildare.  Provided kildare don't beat mayo in the last game

RoundBall

Hopefully results go our way! Said it leaving Healy Park after the Monaghan game. McQuillan's decision to disallow Donaghy's point near the end could prove costly.
An Ríocht Uí Néill

square_ball

There goes my prediction of Kildare not winning another game!

KickPass

So does it come down to score diff or head to head result?

An Watcher

Head to head if two teams tied, score difference if three or more teams