Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goals_Will_Come

Sean Cavanagh pick up an injury today?

Dire Ear

Fuzzman

I've noticed a lot of articles from various sources making reference to Lee Brennan and how they are all waiting to see how good he really is on the big stage. I wonder by not playing him more, is it raising expectation even more.

I reckon Mickey just feels he doesn't fit into the system the way he wants him too. I would be nice to see him get 20 mins against Down in the final.

Taylor

The game against Down should realistically be in the bag shortly after half time (if we are to have realistic expectations of winning Sam).

Without doubt MH doesnt think he can play the role required but like you Fuzzman I would love to see him give him a run out after we have the result sorted. Even if it is just to keep him interested.

His tally this season in some of his club games really is phenomenal and absolutely warrants game time for the county

nrico2006

True Taylor. No other player in the county would rack up the scores he has in games so far this season.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Fuzzman

Taylor, it's good that you feel that positive about our chances against Down but have you not noticed that games rarely go as you expect them to as Monaghan and Donegal found out the last 2 weeks.
Not many of us would have expected to be so far ahead of Donegal at half time and Ulster finals are never easy won.

Taylor

Monaghan were caught on the hop. Complacency of the highest order and you can be sure it wont happen with MH in charge.
If they were to play again Monaghan would win 9 times out of 10. Even completely underperforming they still should have had a draw at the end.

We have a different look to us this year - the system has been refined and we are scoring at will.

Any more word on Sean getting a knock?

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Taylor on June 26, 2017, 11:13:42 AM
Monaghan were caught on the hop. Complacency of the highest order and you can be sure it wont happen with MH in charge.
If they were to play again Monaghan would win 9 times out of 10. Even completely underperforming they still should have had a draw at the end.

We have a different look to us this year - the system has been refined and we are scoring at will.

Sean is fine.  I heard he only left the field because he was black carded not because of any injury
Living the dream!!!

Max Payne

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on June 27, 2017, 11:58:09 AM

Sean is fine.  I heard he only left the field because he was black carded not because of any injury

A Moy man told me yesterday that he had staples in his head? He would be grand for the Ulster Final if that was the case.

Legoman5

Quote from: Max Payne on June 28, 2017, 09:35:08 AM

A Moy man told me yesterday that he had staples in his head? He would be grand for the Ulster Final if that was the case.

Cavanagh took a massive hit against Eglish, Both players had to leave the fireld of play!!
I could near guarantee he wont train for a week or maybe 2 now if there was concussion, be interesting to see if it affects him and Down will certaininly have heard of it and will target a big hit!

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Legoman5 on June 28, 2017, 10:38:47 AM

Cavanagh took a massive hit against Eglish, Both players had to leave the fireld of play!!
I could near guarantee he wont train for a week or maybe 2 now if there was concussion, be interesting to see if it affects him and Down will certaininly have heard of it and will target a big hit!

Checked this out again..... Sean only left the field because he was given a black card by the ref, he would of continued the game but for that decision!!  He's fine, absolutely nothing to worry about.  Won't matter if Down target to hit him, most teams do.
Living the dream!!!

Mikhailov

Sean has been a target for 15 years and doesn't seem to annoy him so why start worrying now....

Legoman5

Quote from: Mikhailov on June 28, 2017, 02:50:46 PM

Sean has been a target for 15 years and doesn't seem to annoy him so why start worrying now....

Well if your going by his recent performances it is affecting him as he hasn't been good..
But with his experience I wouldnt be surprised if he comes up trumos and is MOTM in the final! Big game player

Tyrone Gaa

Heard Colm Cavanagh was carried off today in the 1st half of today's club game with a leg injury and Sean didn't play. Any updates on these men?
Living the dream!!!

driveherin

Maybe playing for the Moy is not glamourous enough for the Cavanagh lads??? Same for a lot of other county men throughout the county....?