Connaght Strongest province in ireland

Started by irish345, February 26, 2019, 09:25:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Quote from: TheClubman on February 27, 2019, 11:29:45 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on February 26, 2019, 06:55:34 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on February 26, 2019, 05:30:50 PM
It's just selective nonsense really , all three teams a million miles from Dublin and Kerry I suspect starting to widen the gap of the chasing pack also as number two. Galway possibly have potential but under Walsh they will not succeed . His style is ridiculous with such an abundance of skillful attacking footballers.

How are Galway "million miles" from Kerry? they beat them twice last year and only lost by one point at the weekend in a game that could have went either way and Mayo are well capable of beating Kerry in a few weeks.

On Galway's style i think a few people forget where Galway was before Walsh arrived, He has won a few Connacht titles for them after a barren spell, led them to All Ireland semi final and NFL final. The jury is out if they will succeed much more with a offensive minded manager.

List me all the teams that have won All Ireland's playing this style? I'll save you the bother - it's one. Also the number of times a team playing this style have beaten Dublin. And the likelyhood of this happening again is very remote. Its a scandal with the attacking players Galway have a more balanced approach can't be taken but that's what you get with poor coaches - the easy way out.

My point wasn't about beating Dublin or winning the All Ireland it was about the improvement that Galway have made since Walsh arrived and it remains to be seen can they go much further with a different manager.  As An Fhairche Abu rightly points out the forwards are getting plenty of opportunities so i don't see what is scandal less.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on February 26, 2019, 11:38:08 AM
If those crowd West of us win let's hope they fly home with it.

Would Galway airport hold all the Galway supporters?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 27, 2019, 04:39:49 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 26, 2019, 11:38:08 AM
If those crowd West of us win let's hope they fly home with it.

Would Galway airport hold all the Galway supporters?

You've clearly never been to a hurling final with Galway in it. There's some serious bandwagon jumpers on it, myself included.