James McClean

Started by thewobbler, July 19, 2015, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Yeah! He certainly doesn't help himself anyway!

Dougal Maguire

I was just gonna say the same myself
Careful now

michaelg

I wonder if Chris McGimpsey can get his 63K back.

RedHand88

Its a bit of facepalm moment. Is he just a big overgrown child?

BennyCake

I support McClean with not wearing the poppy. It's pathetic that poppies are on shirts in the first place, but that's another matter.

But McClean is beginning to remind me of various people I've encountered, where they incessantly have to prove how big of a Republican they are, talking/tweeting/FBing about 1916/Hunger strikes etc, and draping themselves in a tri colour at every opportunity.

He's doing himself no favours, especially when he's earning a living in England.

Ethan Tremblay

Quote from: BennyCake on March 28, 2020, 01:15:49 PM
I support McClean with not wearing the poppy. It's pathetic that poppies are on shirts in the first place, but that's another matter.

But McClean is beginning to remind me of various people I've encountered, where they incessantly have to prove how big of a Republican they are, talking/tweeting/FBing about 1916/Hunger strikes etc, and draping themselves in a tri colour at every opportunity.

He's doing himself no favours, especially when he's earning a living in England.

Why's it pathetic?
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

general_lee

I like him but he's a stupid cĂșnt. Then his brother has a big sob story about him and his family getting threatened. A bit of cop on wouldn't go a miss

BennyCake

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on March 28, 2020, 01:28:23 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on March 28, 2020, 01:15:49 PM

Why's it pathetic?

Because it's political. Not just here, but everywhere. And should not have anything to do with sport.

imtommygunn

i don't get why it has become the way it has. Never used to be like that.

HiMucker

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 28, 2020, 03:15:46 PM
Its an agenda driven by the government to support veterans so they don't have to. Its a sham

Milltown Row2

Quote from: HiMucker on March 28, 2020, 04:00:57 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on March 28, 2020, 03:15:46 PM
Its an agenda driven by the government to support veterans so they don't have to. Its a sham

At its most truest form its a charity, the Government have played their part and for them it actually gets them off the hook for a lot of the stuff that they won't pay for.

Whether you believe in wars or army's, god knows there are plenty here who do, depending on what side of the fence you were born, the Poppy charity is just that.

If you've a stance on it, that's fine and you should be left alone to do as you please and not have any issues with it. If you were personally abused by the British army or your family were unfairly treated by the Brits during the troubles then you'll have that view point.

When I see the the Poppy I think of Flanders and the Somme, it's been hijacked ever since and most Charities are big business and that is reflected by remembering all the wars, though it doesn't glorify wars and unfortunately the Poppy symbol over here has been used by the police/reserve/UDA/UFF/UVF as a symbol to remember their fallen.

I think that is what sticks more so in peoples throats here, and the need for everyone on TV to have it on, but if you put it on for your own reasons, like I outlined (Flanders/Somme) it should be ok
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Main Street

It was worth a laugh  - nordie black humour, but as Colin Murphy quipped about the authenticity of a dissident videoed propoganda stunt in the Ardoyne,   "Balaclavas?  very 1972 isn't it?"

rodney trotter

It wasn't really. Only digging a hole for himself, and fined 2 weeks wages.

screenexile

Quote from: rodney trotter on March 29, 2020, 11:46:27 AM
It wasn't really. Only digging a hole for himself, and fined 2 weeks wages.

Pulis knew the craic "Not the sharpest tool in the box"

Main Street

Dour nordies, at least James, even if he isn't the sharpest tool, can do a bit of self depreciation.
Just don't put a picture up on the internet  for the poopy brigade to go into yet another social network outrage.