Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on March 10, 2020, 11:14:28 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on March 10, 2020, 10:42:30 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 09, 2020, 02:30:40 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on March 09, 2020, 01:52:45 PM
Down, Derry game set for Davitt Park in Belfast.

Is it a good job there now?

yep.

How do you see it going? Down seem to have picked up a head of steam

Was told last night that Down may be querying the size of the pitch as Davitts is meant to be very short but it's bound to be at least 130 metres.

Not sure if there's any truth in that TBH.

The only other pitch in Antrim that could have hosted the Down Derry match was Portglenone and Ronan Sheehan was in no way allowing that venue due to the fact that Derry is a stone's throw across the Bann.

Id say the Athletic Grounds wouldn't be in great shape either.

The Dub not available?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: johnnycool on March 10, 2020, 01:06:01 PM
Quote from: Antrim Coaster on March 10, 2020, 11:14:28 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on March 10, 2020, 10:42:30 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 09, 2020, 02:30:40 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on March 09, 2020, 01:52:45 PM
Down, Derry game set for Davitt Park in Belfast.

Is it a good job there now?

yep.

How do you see it going? Down seem to have picked up a head of steam

Was told last night that Down may be querying the size of the pitch as Davitts is meant to be very short but it's bound to be at least 130 metres.

Not sure if there's any truth in that TBH.

The only other pitch in Antrim that could have hosted the Down Derry match was Portglenone and Ronan Sheehan was in no way allowing that venue due to the fact that Derry is a stone's throw across the Bann.

Id say the Athletic Grounds wouldn't be in great shape either.

The Dub not available?

feck it, we will play yous in Portaferry, no odds to us

Na Glinntí Glasa

seeing this spread of the virus now there are people asking the question if its wise to be allowing so many people to travel to Dublin for the game on Sunday.

we have 2 buses of kids going (around 100 of them) and id say there will be parents asking the same question.
hurl like f**k boi!

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: Dunloy realist on March 10, 2020, 01:24:56 PM
seeing this spread of the virus now there are people asking the question if its wise to be allowing so many people to travel to Dublin for the game on Sunday.

we have 2 buses of kids going (around 100 of them) and id say there will be parents asking the same question.
Brendan Crossan tweeting something similar.

johnnycool

Quote from: Dunloy realist on March 10, 2020, 01:24:56 PM

There'll be plenty of room in Croke Park to practice "social distancing"

Saffrongael

Irish News Sports Editor : Brendan your column is late

Brendan Crossan to himself "f**k I better ring Sambo for the 25th time"
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

imtommygunn

I saw on his twitter feed he had sambo i the top 5 hurlers he'd ever seen. I would have a lot of time for Sambo so absolutely not slating him but he seems to have latched on like you joke about there. There are probably cushendall people who would have 5 cushendall players ahead of him!

paddyjohn

I heard he was the one person to stay in Sambos new rooms above the bar.

paddyjohn

Irish News.. "Brendan, we need an article"

Brendan " I'll ring Sambos house and interview whoever answers the phone"

Kidder81

Quote from: paddyjohn on May 15, 2020, 02:54:37 PM
Irish News.. "Brendan, we need an article"

Brendan " I'll ring Sambos house and interview whoever answers the phone"

It is farcical at this stage

imtommygunn

It used to be the same with kevin mcgourty. We get sandwiches and not pasta after training was one article.

Milltown Row2

Its poor/lazy journo's rather than poor interviewees, its been a slow period for GAA so its a case of get a piece down, haven't read it nor will I, unless someone puts it up for free ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Kidder81

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 15, 2020, 05:36:08 PM
Its poor/lazy journo's rather than poor interviewees, its been a slow period for GAA so its a case of get a piece down, haven't read it nor will I, unless someone puts it up for free ;)

Of course it is, people like Sambo will never say "oh I have nothing to say". Crossans credibility is going through the floor in my opinion, not that I was a fan to start with.

Na Glinntí Glasa

i seen that as well lol it was a laughing topic for a few chats im in about the constant interviews with them.

Its almost like hurling doesn't exist in Antrim outside of that small circle he interviews at times in the irish news.
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on May 19, 2020, 11:07:23 AM
i seen that as well lol it was a laughing topic for a few chats im in about the constant interviews with them.

Its almost like hurling doesn't exist in Antrim outside of that small circle he interviews at times in the irish news.

Here's the thing, you'd be a fool not to promote your own club/parish with some columns in a national paper.

It's up to Brendan and core to through out a wider net for people to be interviewed, though in fairness what can we talk about? It's dead! The Saffron Gael quiz is the best thing going on locally lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea