The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Sometimes you just aren't going well, and start forcing. I think that's what he's doing. I hoped he'd get a great boost after the strike v Man City, but he hasn't really kicked on.

TabClear

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on February 12, 2018, 01:56:43 PM
Quote from: TabClear on February 12, 2018, 01:45:59 PM
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/staggering-amount-money-roberto-firmino-12012131

Not sure about this goal bonus business. Assuming Mane is on the same type of deal, maybe he would have squared the ball against Everton (that one still niggles with me) if he was nt set to make £50k plus by scoring himself! I would rather see some sort of a combined bonus structure taht includes all the forwards.

On Mane, he has been really poor lately. Seem to want to slow the game down all the time and stand the defender up and tempt him into a tackle. Salah for example is always looking to drive at defenders and I think mane at his best when does the same and he just runs straight, he left a defender for dead yesterday when he did that.

If they offered the same for an assist then would rule out the selfish stuff.
Agree on Mane, he shot one straight at a defender when a lay off was the better option.
He is way off at the minute. Considering couthino is gone now they could do with another goal scorer.

Was that the one in teh second half where they had a breakaway and Can bust a gut to get past him and give him an easy pass to his left? Was raging at that myself as i'm sure Can was as well!

TabClear

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 12, 2018, 01:58:59 PM
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/staggering-amount-money-roberto-firmino-12012131

Not sure about this goal bonus business. Assuming Mane is on the same type of deal, maybe he would have squared the ball against Everton (that one still niggles with me) if he was nt set to make £50k plus by scoring himself! I would rather see some sort of a combined bonus structure taht includes all the forwards.

On Mane, he has been really poor lately. Seem to want to slow the game down all the time and stand the defender up and tempt him into a tackle. Salah for example is always looking to drive at defenders and I think mane at his best when does the same and he just runs straight, he left a defender for dead yesterday when he did that.

On Mané he's on the exact same scoring rate as last season so he's not doing so bad. He will kick on as he is coming to himself. I thought he was more inclined to force it yesterday and he just needs the break through. He will hit a hat trick some day soon and the goals will flow. 58 goals between the front 3 for the season so not doing to bad.

Agree but I do think he could be more unselfish. Look at Neymar, Messi and Suarez when they were in combo. How many goals were tap ins where the player who assisted could  as easily have shot but chose the certain option and the team gets more goals because of it.

On a separate point, I would like to see Robertson take a couple of strikes now and again. he has a great left foot, is really good at driving to the edge of the box so a few Riise -esque goals would be nice to see.  :D

north_antrim_hound

Good points everyone, Mane like most of them is a confidence player. Let's hope he gets some scores and kicks on.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: TabClear on February 12, 2018, 02:01:31 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on February 12, 2018, 01:56:43 PM

If they offered the same for an assist then would rule out the selfish stuff.
Agree on Mane, he shot one straight at a defender when a lay off was the better option.
He is way off at the minute. Considering couthino is gone now they could do with another goal scorer.

Was that the one in teh second half where they had a breakaway and Can bust a gut to get past him and give him an easy pass to his left? Was raging at that myself as i'm sure Can was as well!

That's the one, there was only one option, a lay off and he whacked it straight at the defender. Bit greedy recently TBH

laoislad

Karius in fairness to him did ok yesterday. Made one very good save in the first half where he was quick off his line to block a shot and didn't do very much wrong throughout the game.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: laoislad on February 12, 2018, 04:33:23 PM
Karius in fairness to him did ok yesterday. Made one very good save in the first half where he was quick off his line to block a shot and didn't do very much wrong throughout the game.

He seems to have got his confidence back. Let's hope since he's been starting in the PL that Mignolet gets rotated back in v Porto

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 05, 2018, 09:23:31 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on February 05, 2018, 09:15:15 PM
Someone's up late on a school night
Mid-term next week so there will be lots of activity on here.
They're all being very quiet at the moment.....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: laoislad on February 12, 2018, 05:40:25 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 05, 2018, 09:23:31 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on February 05, 2018, 09:15:15 PM
Someone's up late on a school night
Mid-term next week so there will be lots of activity on here.
They're all being very quiet at the moment.....

They thought they had seen the last of Benitez. They will lick their wounds wait for a bad Liverpool result and come out swinging.
My mate is a Man U fan two weeks ago i was bombarded with all the Memes and social media stuff there was. Haven't heard  from the clown for Two days 😂😂

Gabriel_Hurl

The most shocking news you'll see today

QuoteWest Brom striker Daniel Sturridge limped out of their Premier League clash against Chelsea through injury after less than three minutes.

Sturridge, who joined the Baggies on loan from Liverpool last month, was substituted after an innocuous chase for possession with Cesar Azpilicueta.

The 28-year-old was making just his second start for West Brom and was replaced by Jay Rodriguez.

England international Sturridge's career has beset by injury problems.

Esmarelda

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on February 12, 2018, 09:01:29 PM
The most shocking news you'll see today

QuoteWest Brom striker Daniel Sturridge limped out of their Premier League clash against Chelsea through injury after less than three minutes.

Sturridge, who joined the Baggies on loan from Liverpool last month, was substituted after an innocuous chase for possession with Cesar Azpilicueta.

The 28-year-old was making just his second start for West Brom and was replaced by Jay Rodriguez.

England international Sturridge's career has beset by injury problems.
I think he was actually injured just after one minute but had to wait a while to get off.

quit yo jibbajabba

wait those extra 2 mins to take the bad look off it  ;D

AZOffaly

Quote from: laoislad on February 13, 2018, 11:34:07 AM
Still can't believe he's only 28. He should be in his prime right now.
It's a shame because he really would be top class if he stayed fit.

I'd love to get someone to write a parsing engine, to go through this thread and see if that's the most commonly used phrase (behind 'Next Year will be our year' :) ). I heard it/read it and said it so often at this stage.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 13, 2018, 11:58:49 AM
Quote from: laoislad on February 13, 2018, 11:34:07 AM
Still can't believe he's only 28. He should be in his prime right now.
It's a shame because he really would be top class if he stayed fit.

I'd love to get someone to write a parsing engine, to go through this thread and see if that's the most commonly used phrase (behind 'Next Year will be our year' :) ). I heard it/read it and said it so often at this stage.

I know .... it's a delusion !!!  There's another common phrase in here!!

AZOffaly

Absolutely true. It's just a reflection on how often he's injured. And we always say, ?Jaysus if only he could stay healthy...