Author Topic: TV Show recommendations  (Read 543864 times)

bennydorano

• View Profile
Re: TV Show recommendations
« Reply #5205 on: January 22, 2019, 09:38:55 AM »
Me & the Mrs watched the 1st episode of Sex Education on Netflix last night, hard to explain how bad it is. They've transplanted an American High School set up into rural England somewhere but it stiĺl has US sensibilities. I know I'm not the target demographic and young uns might lap it up, but god it is awful.

Insane Bolt

• View Profile
« Reply #5206 on: January 22, 2019, 10:13:31 AM »
Me & the Mrs watched the 1st episode of Sex Education on Netflix last night, hard to explain how bad it is. They've transplanted an American High School set up into rural England somewhere but it stiĺl has US sensibilities. I know I'm not the target demographic and young uns might lap it up, but god it is awful.

Are you just trying to tell us you got the roide last night😜

bennydorano

• View Profile
« Reply #5207 on: January 22, 2019, 01:15:14 PM »
On a Monday night in January??

Insane Bolt

• View Profile
« Reply #5208 on: January 22, 2019, 01:52:01 PM »
On a Monday night in January??

Bow wow Benny....you could charm the knickers off a nun 😜

JimStynes

• View Profile
« Reply #5209 on: February 13, 2019, 07:07:00 AM »
New Amsterdam on prime is a decent show so far.

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #5210 on: February 13, 2019, 07:25:32 AM »

A guy in work recommended this to me. I sacked him the next day.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5211 on: February 13, 2019, 07:44:34 AM »
True detective, was slow to start with and the dialogue needs subtitles but itís been great the last few episodes
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Billys Boots

• View Profile
« Reply #5212 on: February 13, 2019, 09:16:29 AM »
True detective, was slow to start with and the dialogue needs subtitles but itís been great the last few episodes

Very like the first series in many respects - slow, slow, slow and then in episode-4 it all goes mental at the end.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #5213 on: February 13, 2019, 10:31:11 AM »

Very like the first series in many respects - slow, slow, slow and then in episode-4 it all goes mental at the end.
Brett a perfectly calm and harmless character unleashes his inner Rambo with a similar calm and thoughtfulness, dealing effectively with truckloads of  fat fck gut toting rednecks merging on his house.
What would Sam Peckinpah have done with that scene?
It was also the episode where Hays and Amelia had their tete la tete. That's a curious relationship with an unusual initial mating.
I'm struggling to tie together the events over three different timelines which span many decades, maybe the present timeline is more about the 2 characters experiencing  the emerging ghosts of their past and that's the starting point for having a perspective on the past timelines in the series.

nrico2006

• View Profile
« Reply #5214 on: February 13, 2019, 10:32:07 AM »
Loved True Detective season 1 and this season is good too although it does move very slowly.  I have my suspicions that the daughter wasn't talking about her da when she phoned the cops, definitely something dodge about the DA who was beside the da on TV.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'