Author Topic: American Sports Thread  (Read 543446 times)

Gabriel_Hurl

• View Profile
Re: American Sports Thread
« Reply #11910 on: July 10, 2018, 06:04:28 PM »
If these reports about Shady McCoy are true - the f**ker needs to be in prison and not the NFL

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile

AZOffaly

• View Profile
« Reply #11912 on: July 12, 2018, 02:57:18 PM »
Great article!!

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/golf/us-sport-s-obsession-with-the-military-is-commercial-patriotism-1.3561513

To be honest I think this is old news. This has been flagged (no pun intended) for a good few years now. The NFL was the worst culprit and they admitted getting cash to have these displays or whatever.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11913 on: July 12, 2018, 04:00:30 PM »
Great article!!

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/golf/us-sport-s-obsession-with-the-military-is-commercial-patriotism-1.3561513

To be honest I think this is old news. This has been flagged (no pun intended) for a good few years now. The NFL was the worst culprit and they admitted getting cash to have these displays or whatever.

I know the NFL have been nailed and rightly so but this "A Military Tribute at the Greenbrier" nonsense needs to be called out. . . where are all theses tributes at when the VA is struggling so badly?!

I appreciate guys who serve their country but it's gone WAY too far in America!

Oraisteach

• View Profile
« Reply #11914 on: August 10, 2018, 02:43:04 AM »
That awkward moment when the Browns give you hope. Then again, perfect in pre-season last year, and then zip. But Taylor and Mayfield both looked good. No running game, though.

Oraisteach

• View Profile
« Reply #11915 on: August 16, 2018, 11:57:17 PM »
Well, Dez Bryant visited the Browns today. Call me a cynic, but I donít think he really wants to play here. In fact, I think he just wants to be featured on the show Hard Knocks. If he does sign, and Josh Gordon returns, there just arenít enough balls to go around to please them and Jarvis Landry (whoís been looking v. good). The Browns have enough issues without the addition of a diva. But if he does sign, heíll have to prove himself. Landry is #1.

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #11916 on: Today at 12:28:01 AM »
Landry is just a nickel and dime possession receiver. Bryant is the sort of big physical wideout any team needs, crazy he hasnít caught on somewhere yet even despite a couple down seasons, heís extremely talented. Heís going to be on his best behaviour wherever he signs and itís not like he could make the Browns any worse than 0-16..
« Last Edit: Today at 01:01:07 AM by Syferus »