Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 17, 2021, 03:34:06 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2021, 03:26:02 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 17, 2021, 03:13:41 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2021, 03:07:59 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 17, 2021, 02:59:18 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2021, 02:50:33 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 17, 2021, 02:42:37 PM
More deflection. Just as I thought.

It's actually true. What sort of oddball go around posting in other county forums?

Derry voyeurs, utterly obsessed by everything and anything to do with Tyrone.

Yourself, Lenny and Screen need to get some collective therapy sessions to remove your voyeuristic tendencies.
It actually isn't, and you know it.
For the third time now, what part of "I'm not a derry man" is difficult to understand. This whole charade is another form of deflection after being picked apart yet again. Truth hurts I suppose.

If you're not a Derryman then why are you voyeuring around the Tyrone forums? Don't you have a county to follow yourself?

The "I'm not a Derryman" excuse doesn't really wash with me.
More deflection. I note you have now stopped talking about the previous canavan debate and the current debate of this morning, and you've now resorted to speculating about my county allegiance because I agreed with something you didn't like. It just gets better and the hole you're digging for yourself just gets deeper. I'll take another W on this one again thanks  ;D while you howl into the wind again frantically wondering what county I'm from. Too easy.

And fwiw, i post on the tyrone forums to hold your nonsensical hypocrisy to account, and you clearly don't like it.

We've been true this before. Nothng I have said is contradictory, you ran away the last time you were made a fool out of. You seem to post on forums of other counties because you seem to be more obsessed with the fortunes of other counties than your own. It's a very weird type of obsession and I can see you're more than a little embarrassed about it.
We have been through it before, and I'm glad you're finally starting to take heed, slowly but surely we'll get it into that skull of yours eventually.
I have highlighted your contradictions and hypocrisy on two separate debates today and one a few weeks ago. You claimed I was another poster and were made to look like an absolute fool also, so I understand you're still a bit touchy about it but you should be thanking me for leaving you to howl at the moon and save you from further embarrassment.
Nope, just holding your nonsensical hypocrisy to account, I don't care that you don't like it.

More fantasy and revisionism for you.

You ran away after be found to be talking out of your arse the first time. Then I find out you are some oddball you goes around lurking on other county forums, someone who is more interested in other counties than his own.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2021, 03:36:10 PM

It's actually true. What sort of oddball go around posting in other county forums?

Yourself, Lenny and Screen need to get some collective therapy sessions to remove your voyeuristic tendencies.
For the third time now, what part of "I'm not a derry man" is difficult to understand. This whole charade is another form of deflection after being picked apart yet again. Truth hurts I suppose.

If you're not a Derryman then why are you voyeuring around the Tyrone forums? Don't you have a county to follow yourself?

More deflection. I note you have now stopped talking about the previous canavan debate and the current debate of this morning, and you've now resorted to speculating about my county allegiance because I agreed with something you didn't like. It just gets better and the hole you're digging for yourself just gets deeper. I'll take another W on this one again thanks  ;D while you howl into the wind again frantically wondering what county I'm from. Too easy.

And fwiw, i post on the tyrone forums to hold your nonsensical hypocrisy to account, and you clearly don't like it.

We've been true this before. Nothng I have said is contradictory, you ran away the last time you were made a fool out of. You seem to post on forums of other counties because you seem to be more obsessed with the fortunes of other counties than your own. It's a very weird type of obsession and I can see you're more than a little embarrassed about it.
We have been through it before, and I'm glad you're finally starting to take heed, slowly but surely we'll get it into that skull of yours eventually.
I have highlighted your contradictions and hypocrisy on two separate debates today and one a few weeks ago. You claimed I was another poster and were made to look like an absolute fool also, so I understand you're still a bit touchy about it but you should be thanking me for leaving you to howl at the moon and save you from further embarrassment.
Nope, just holding your nonsensical hypocrisy to account, I don't care that you don't like it.

You ran away after be found to be talking out of your arse the first time. Then I find out you are some oddball you goes around lurking on other county forums, someone who is more interested in other counties than his own.
Not fantasy, those are the facts of the matter.
You ran away from the debates today and started speculating about my county allegiance because your arguments didn't hold water and your hypocrisy was outed, and you didn't like it. And then resorted to deflection tactics because you were being picked apart. You're predictable as well as incapable.
I can see you're still hurting about me making a dick out of you the first time. It's ok Angela.

restorepride

Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2021, 01:37:35 PM
Quote from: restorepride on January 17, 2021, 01:16:25 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2021, 01:10:41 PM
Quote from: restorepride on January 17, 2021, 01:07:47 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2021, 12:45:52 PM
Quote from: restorepride on January 17, 2021, 11:49:26 AM
Quote from: restorepride on January 16, 2021, 08:15:05 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 16, 2021, 07:27:05 PM
Quote from: restorepride on January 16, 2021, 06:10:29 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 16, 2021, 02:56:01 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on January 16, 2021, 10:45:54 AM
Quote from: lenny on January 16, 2021, 10:01:36 AM
Jim and Harte will be remembered in 10/15 years time as the men who nearly destroyed football with their defensive crap. It's taken a great, skilful, resilient Dublin side to restore our faith in the beautiful game. Hopefully Kerry will return to their more attacking flair game and will provide with another great rivalry. I do think Tyrone will be a lot more attacking without Harte and they have some very good forwards also.

Yes, the game is so much more exciting now. Never been in a more healthy state.

Lenny is from Derry, they produce big agricultural footballers there so I'm not sure on why Lenny thinks he should be a spokesperson for what good attacking football should be. Derry have produced two good forwards in the past 30+ years and one of them was a Tyrone man.
Is that 35 years or less than that?

I'm just using 30+ years as a general term. Their AI winning team did not have any top class forwards. Some outstanding defenders and the best midfielder in the game at the time but a really ordinary forward line. Paddy Bradley and Muldoon were the only top level forwards Derry have produced in that time so I don't think Lenny is a person who knows what he is talking about when he mentions attacking football.

Derry have always been a team with a focus on size and defence unlike their neighbours Tyrone who have always produced players with attacking flair and inventive play.
You now have replaced 'good forwards' with 'top class forwards' - which is it?
Well?

You're the one making the distinction.
No - you wrote it, you replaced it and therefore made the distinction.

I will repeat again that I have made no distinction between good and top class. You seem to be the only one doing that.
I suspect that you realised your first comment was ridiculous and back-peddled.  Thought you were made of stronger stuff than that?

I'll once again state that I make no distinction between those two terms, you seem to be trying to do it on my behalf but you don't speak for me.
Speak for you?!  Jaysus, no, never!  Where did that come from?   Anyhow you have clarified that, for you, there is no distinction.  A good player = a top class player, in your world.  Thanks for that.

Angelo

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 17, 2021, 03:46:32 PM

You ran away from the debates today and started speculating about my county allegiance because your arguments didn't hold water and your hypocrisy was outed, and you didn't like it. And then resorted to deflection tactics because you were being picked apart. You're predictable as well as incapable.
I can see you're still hurting about me making a dick out of you the first time. It's ok Angela.

All you have repeated in this thread is fantasy. I have actually spoken logically, with examples of precedent (O'Neill), references to how Canavan has been handled to date with Errigal and Tyrone and how he has been dealt with carefully and must continue to be so.

In contrast you have spoken in vague and fantasist terms about things that never happened. You're all bluster but it's ok we know you are mortified about being exposed as a voyeur of other counties while too embarrassed to disclose your own.

Angelo

Quote from: restorepride on January 17, 2021, 03:49:36 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2021, 01:37:35 PM
Quote from: restorepride on January 17, 2021, 01:16:25 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2021, 01:10:41 PM
Quote from: restorepride on January 17, 2021, 01:07:47 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2021, 12:45:52 PM
Quote from: restorepride on January 17, 2021, 11:49:26 AM
Quote from: restorepride on January 16, 2021, 08:15:05 PM
Jim and Harte will be remembered in 10/15 years time as the men who nearly destroyed football with their defensive crap. It's taken a great, skilful, resilient Dublin side to restore our faith in the beautiful game. Hopefully Kerry will return to their more attacking flair game and will provide with another great rivalry. I do think Tyrone will be a lot more attacking without Harte and they have some very good forwards also.

Lenny is from Derry, they produce big agricultural footballers there so I'm not sure on why Lenny thinks he should be a spokesperson for what good attacking football should be. Derry have produced two good forwards in the past 30+ years and one of them was a Tyrone man.

I'm just using 30+ years as a general term. Their AI winning team did not have any top class forwards. Some outstanding defenders and the best midfielder in the game at the time but a really ordinary forward line. Paddy Bradley and Muldoon were the only top level forwards Derry have produced in that time so I don't think Lenny is a person who knows what he is talking about when he mentions attacking football.

Derry have always been a team with a focus on size and defence unlike their neighbours Tyrone who have always produced players with attacking flair and inventive play.
You now have replaced 'good forwards' with 'top class forwards' - which is it?
Well?

You're the one making the distinction.
No - you wrote it, you replaced it and therefore made the distinction.

I will repeat again that I have made no distinction between good and top class. You seem to be the only one doing that.
I suspect that you realised your first comment was ridiculous and back-peddled.  Thought you were made of stronger stuff than that?

I'll once again state that I make no distinction between those two terms, you seem to be trying to do it on my behalf but you don't speak for me.
Speak for you?!  Jaysus, no, never!  Where did that come from?   Anyhow you have clarified that, for you, there is no distinction.  A good player = a top class player, in your world.  Thanks for that.

No bother.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2021, 03:52:32 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 17, 2021, 03:46:32 PM

All you have repeated in this thread is fantasy. I have actually spoken logically, with examples of precedent (O'Neill), references to how Canavan has been handled to date with Errigal and Tyrone and how he has been dealt with carefully and must continue to be so.

In contrast you have spoken in vague and fantasist terms about things that never happened. You're all bluster but it's ok we know you are mortified about being exposed as a voyeur of other counties while too embarrassed to disclose your own.
No fantasy, not my fault you don't like the truth.
You haven't spoken logically, you've spoken with hypocrisy.
I've already said one example is irrelevant and isn't the norm, but you continue to spew it to suit your own agenda, and how he doesn't need to be minded.

Vague haha I can't be any clearer, I'm purposefully writing in short sentences now hoping that it will get into your thick skull, and also because I've already explained myself ten times.
The only embarrassment here is yours. You've been outed and made fool out of.
My county is neither here nor there, you don't like it because you've been held to account.

screenexile

Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2021, 09:59:35 AM
Quote from: screenexile on January 16, 2021, 10:01:54 PM

Lol... and a goalkeeper taking their frees!!! You need to try harder Angelo!

That's just a lie. We've had Harte, McShane and McCurry over our frees in the past two seasons. McKenna took a few against Donegal too.

Like a lot of other counties, goalkeepers take the long range frees. Your beloved Dublin has Cluxton on frees for a number of years.

Classis Lenny though, can't help but contradict himself in order to fuel his bitterness.

To reaffirm my earlier point, Derry wouldn't know good attacking play if it jumped up and bit them on their arse.

You've had more than that I'm pretty sure Brennan and Ronan O'Neill have hit frees as well recently... for a team that has so much attacking prowess you would think they could settle on one decent player to kick the ball over the bar for them!

If Tyrone had a Cillian O'Connor in the team they might be a threat!

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: general_lee on January 16, 2021, 12:44:21 PM
Is this sarcasm?

I think what McGuinness did was nothing short of remarkable. He turned a bunch of party boys into champions in the space of two years.

I'm from Tyrone, have to agree. Like Paddy Heaney said in the documentary Jimmys Winning Matches, to paraphrase it was  the most remarkable turn around he's seen in sports.

Donegal were a mess before, I think with the Kevin Cassidy Laochra Gael show recently it brought it back up again but what McGuinness did (with damn good players....) was absolutely unbelievable.

Someone pointed out McGuiness is a master of self promotion, that is also true. It's always the players take the pitch...

I think McGuinness changed the game for the good - Of course the tactics thing, look, you have to cut your cloth accordingly. I accept some cant' stand it, I suppose being from the North, McGuinness didn't do anything Harte or Kernan didn't do. Tactics evolve...but they are basically someone else's ideas with your own twist.

But what he did was give even the smallest clubs belief, if they got this system right....they could do great things. And we've seen examples over the past ten years or so, club teams buying into this way of playing and giving it a hell of a year. Isn't that what the GAA is about?

lenny

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 18, 2021, 10:00:57 AM
Is this sarcasm?

I think what McGuinness did was nothing short of remarkable. He turned a bunch of party boys into champions in the space of two years.

I'm from Tyrone, have to agree. Like Paddy Heaney said in the documentary Jimmys Winning Matches, to paraphrase it was  the most remarkable turn around he's seen in sports.

Donegal were a mess before, I think with the Kevin Cassidy Laochra Gael show recently it brought it back up again but what McGuinness did (with damn good players....) was absolutely unbelievable.

Someone pointed out McGuiness is a master of self promotion, that is also true. It's always the players take the pitch...

I think McGuinness changed the game for the good - Of course the tactics thing, look, you have to cut your cloth accordingly. I accept some cant' stand it, I suppose being from the North, McGuinness didn't do anything Harte or Kernan didn't do. Tactics evolve...but they are basically someone else's ideas with your own twist.

But what he did was give even the smallest clubs belief, if they got this system right....they could do great things. And we've seen examples over the past ten years or so, club teams buying into this way of playing and giving it a hell of a year. Isn't that what the GAA is about?

All very fair points. I'll admit he has to be admired and respected for his achievements. The biggest problem is that the defensive tactics which he and harte successfully introduced have been copied far and wide and it's created some extremely dull football. If one team is naive and attacking and the other is counter attacking it can still be a cracking game. If both teams are defensive then it's a borefest. We're seeing a lot of that now even at all club levels.

shawshank

Lenny your own club team are brutal at the 15 men behind the ball, infact imo you lost the county final as you had no attacking strategy when you went behind. It was only when you realised the game was gone that you looked like a team who if they had of came out earlier may have had a chance. And the disappointing bit is you have the players to be more adventurous.

However  agree Mc Guiness showed teams another way, his tactics and then Dublins restart strategy has made the game alot more thoughtful. Teams have to really plan how to approach games now as a direct result.

Angelo

Quote from: lenny on January 18, 2021, 11:04:25 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 18, 2021, 10:00:57 AM
Is this sarcasm?

All very fair points. I'll admit he has to be admired and respected for his achievements. The biggest problem is that the defensive tactics which he and harte successfully introduced have been copied far and wide and it's created some extremely dull football. If one team is naive and attacking and the other is counter attacking it can still be a cracking game. If both teams are defensive then it's a borefest. We're seeing a lot of that now even at all club levels.

It's not McGuinness fault that other counties and clubs have tried to ape his tactics unsuccessfully. Every team should cut their cloth accordingly and Jim McGuinness should not be held responsible for what other counties do.

lenny

Quote from: shawshank on January 18, 2021, 11:11:06 AM
Lenny your own club team are brutal at the 15 men behind the ball, infact imo you lost the county final as you had no attacking strategy when you went behind. It was only when you realised the game was gone that you looked like a team who if they had of came out earlier may have had a chance. And the disappointing bit is you have the players to be more adventurous.

However  agree Mc Guiness showed teams another way, his tactics and then Dublins restart strategy has made the game alot more thoughtful. Teams have to really plan how to approach games now as a direct result.

Why do you think I hate that type of football? I said it had trickled down to all levels of club football. I've had to watch some rubbish games over the last few years. There's no issue when the other team leaves gaps at the back and we can counter attack at pace. When the other side sets up defensively it becomes incredibly tedious to watch. These tactical battles are sucking the life out of the game. It's a possession game nowadays and many games are virtually non contact because players avoid contact and risk at all costs.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: lenny on January 18, 2021, 11:32:20 AM

Why do you think I hate that type of football? I said it had trickled down to all levels of club football. I've had to watch some rubbish games over the last few years. There's no issue when the other team leaves gaps at the back and we can counter attack at pace. When the other side sets up defensively it becomes incredibly tedious to watch. These tactical battles are sucking the life out of the game. It's a possession game nowadays and many games are virtually non contact because players avoid contact and risk at all costs.

Not sure what club you are from Lenny. But I'm assuming its Magherafelt by the talk of negative tactics and Final loss?

I mean look Magherafelt are a big club, they probably could go another way if they wanted - I played against that team about 2 or 3 years ago in a friendly, they have damn good players. I was more thinking the smaller clubs, with the smaller picks when I meant about giving them a blue print for success and giving them a way to compete.

I don't agree with this type of tactic being brought into youth games, maybe naive of me, but at that age - send them out to win, sure. But if they lose, it's not the be all and end all. The key is to keep them happy and into the game. Come minor and up, it's a bit more serious, tactics are part of the learning process when you get to the proper age. I've seen a few u14 and u16 games myself over the past years....two and three sweepers. Absolutely brutal.

I agree with Angelo, it's not his fault if lazy managers basically try and clone his tactics poorly and send men out to basically get behind the ball when we don't have it. Any eejit can make a living off clubs doing that (many do!). It's more the complete turn around in those players that McGuinness lit the fire under to get them to buy completely into what they were going to be about. It was an outstanding feat.

Angelo

Quote from: lenny on January 18, 2021, 11:32:20 AM

That's got nothing to do with Jim McGuinness though. He did things his way, was very successful at it and brought Donegal to levels nobody thought ever possible just a few years prior. I thought McConville put it fairly well about how Donegal would have been viewed within Ulster prior to McGuinness taking over.

The issue for you seems to be your club appointing some poor Jim McGuinness tribute act. That's not Jim McGuinness fault, he was an innovative manager who cut his cloth accordingly.  I was surprised there wasn't a heave against Bonner in Donegal to look at trying to get McGuinness back. Murphy might not have that much longer at the top so I think McGuinness might fancy another go in the next few years. I'd be very interested to see how he'd go about things this time, I have a feeling we'd see something different again from him.