Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrifictommy

It's all been posted, seems to go on sale tomorrow at 10am

clonian

Tickets have went pretty quick there, got 4 together but already limited tickets left. Wonder will there be more released during the week?

snoopdog

Quote from: clonian on July 04, 2023, 10:23:22 AM
Tickets have went pretty quick there, got 4 together but already limited tickets left. Wonder will there be more released during the week?
I'd say they're all gone. County board should be distributing between the clubs. I'm in Dublin and I got mine yesterday through the club here.

manwithnoplan

Quote from: snoopdog on July 04, 2023, 03:09:48 PM
I'd say they're all gone. County board should be distributing between the clubs. I'm in Dublin and I got mine yesterday through the club here.

Clubs had a link to share with members this morning, before the 10am general sale went live.

supersub

Quote from: manwithnoplan on July 04, 2023, 03:38:40 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on July 04, 2023, 03:09:48 PM

Clubs had a link to share with members this morning, before the 10am general sale went live.

Only those who requested as such.

Hard2Listen2

Is ticketmaster sold out for Tailtean Cup final already?

ardtole

Yeah, and the Supervalu stores are sold out too. I can't believe they didn't leave the Dublin game until the Sunday and have our game as the curtain raiser to Kerry v Derry.

Mourne Red

Quote from: Hard2Listen2 on July 04, 2023, 07:11:30 PM
Is ticketmaster sold out for Tailtean Cup final already?

Apparently so, seen few people on Twitter showing the stadium all greyed out. I thought £45 was a bit steep to be charging too, Monaghan supporters always travel well so probably bought up a good few too.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: ardtole on July 04, 2023, 07:30:11 PM
Yeah, and the Supervalu stores are sold out too. I can't believe they didn't leave the Dublin game until the Sunday and have our game as the curtain raiser to Kerry v Derry.

Even play Down Meath on the Sunday before us. Very strange.

PAULD123

Apparently there was some rational that Kerry fans had been made to travel on a Saturday to a game for the quarter final and the top brass didn't think they should have to travel on a Saturday for two games in a row. Some vague idea that people might have to give up work to travel on Saturday but not necessarily on a Sunday.

I know, before anyone starts on me, I'm am not defending this decision. There is next to no sensible thinking here. We could have played our game on the Sunday and just switched with the junior championship final.

For by that, even playing the final at all alongside a semi final of the Sam is a further failure of the GAA to make this a seriously respected competition. I think we should have a finals weekend, over two days. Saturday play the Tailteann cup and Minor all-Ireland finals, maybe a third one if you need it to fill the stadium (perhaps the ladies final because that deserves to be promoted too). Sunday just let it be the Sam all-Ireland on it's own.

The reason for playing the big final on it's own is that there are always far more fans from both finalists than ever get tickets partly because some tickets are being given to two other counties who are in the minor final. And because of the very small allocation the fans of the minor finalists often miss out. 

So let every minor finalist fan see the match, let every Tailteann cup finalist see the match, and let both those finals be the prelude to the big match the next day. And if there is third match (to fill the stadium) then let the ladies game be promoted in front of a decent crowd.

The GAA say they want the Tailteann to be a respected tournament but then they treat it as a throwaway event.

meatsy86

Quote from: PAULD123 on July 06, 2023, 01:49:26 PM
Apparently there was some rational that Kerry fans had been made to travel on a Saturday to a game for the quarter final and the top brass didn't think they should have to travel on a Saturday for two games in a row. Some vague idea that people might have to give up work to travel on Saturday but not necessarily on a Sunday.

I know, before anyone starts on me, I'm am not defending this decision. There is next to no sensible thinking here. We could have played our game on the Sunday and just switched with the junior championship final.

For by that, even playing the final at all alongside a semi final of the Sam is a further failure of the GAA to make this a seriously respected competition. I think we should have a finals weekend, over two days. Saturday play the Tailteann cup and Minor all-Ireland finals, maybe a third one if you need it to fill the stadium (perhaps the ladies final because that deserves to be promoted too). Sunday just let it be the Sam all-Ireland on it's own.

The reason for playing the big final on it's own is that there are always far more fans from both finalists than ever get tickets partly because some tickets are being given to two other counties who are in the minor final. And because of the very small allocation the fans of the minor finalists often miss out. 

So let every minor finalist fan see the match, let every Tailteann cup finalist see the match, and let both those finals be the prelude to the big match the next day. And if there is third match (to fill the stadium) then let the ladies game be promoted in front of a decent crowd.

The GAA say they want the Tailteann to be a respected tournament but then they treat it as a throwaway event.

Ladies Finals Day is always a triple header in Croke Park, Senior, Intermediate and Junior. Junior Mens Final is the Sunday because both semi-finals are played two days before on the Friday. Agree though in regard to Minor Final it should be played in Croke Park in front of a big crowd.

PAULD123

Quote from: meatsy86 on July 06, 2023, 01:58:05 PM

Ladies Finals Day is always a triple header in Croke Park, Senior, Intermediate and Junior. Junior Mens Final is the Sunday because both semi-finals are played two days before on the Friday. Agree though in regard to Minor Final it should be played in Croke Park in front of a big crowd.

I get the theory of the three ladies finals together. To pull the senior ladies one out would promote that but then denigrate the others. It was just a thought on how to promote the ladies game, but obviously not if it meant reducing the resect for the other levels. 

But definitely a finals day for Tailteann, Minor and then another, perhaps the junior final. Or maybe a third match could be the Masters final. That would be a bit of craic, seeing stars of the last generation giving it another bash. And again, would promote that competition.

Wouldn't this all create a lovely lead up to the big match the next day on the Sunday.

Plus the format could be replicated for the Hurling.

Mikhailov

Quote from: PAULD123 on July 06, 2023, 02:46:21 PM

I get the theory of the three ladies finals together. To pull the senior ladies one out would promote that but then denigrate the others. It was just a thought on how to promote the ladies game, but obviously not if it meant reducing the resect for the other levels. 

But definitely a finals day for Tailteann, Minor and then another, perhaps the junior final. Or maybe a third match could be the Masters final. That would be a bit of craic, seeing stars of the last generation giving it another bash. And again, would promote that competition.

Wouldn't this all create a lovely lead up to the big match the next day on the Sunday.

A lot of the points you make are good and would make sense but the GAA hierarchy don't do 'common sense' so we have to expect irrational thinking.

The minor final should always be a showcase event on AI final day but as far as I know the last time that happened was 2018 - the most recent AI minor finals have been stand alone fixtures in provincial grounds. For eg; this Sunday the AI minor final is in Armagh AG

Secondly, the Masters is not a GAA affiliated competition for some reason unless that has changed in the last 12 months. It has never got the publicity it deserved, never pushed hard by the head honchos at Croke Park.  As you say, it could be part of finals weekend but obviously the GAA don't think so.

The fixture scheduling for the AI semi finals, the Tailteann Cup and the Junior final is another disaster by the GAA but they will have an obscure reason why they fixed it the way it has been done despite common sense dictating otherwise.

sdg

Quote from: Mikhailov on July 06, 2023, 03:26:18 PM
Quote from: PAULD123 on July 06, 2023, 02:46:21 PM

A lot of the points you make are good and would make sense but the GAA hierarchy don't do 'common sense' so we have to expect irrational thinking.

The minor final should always be a showcase event on AI final day but as far as I know the last time that happened was 2018 - the most recent AI minor finals have been stand alone fixtures in provincial grounds. For eg; this Sunday the AI minor final is in Armagh AG

Secondly, the Masters is not a GAA affiliated competition for some reason unless that has changed in the last 12 months. It has never got the publicity it deserved, never pushed hard by the head honchos at Croke Park.  As you say, it could be part of finals weekend but obviously the GAA don't think so.

The fixture scheduling for the AI semi finals, the Tailteann Cup and the Junior final is another disaster by the GAA but they will have an obscure reason why they fixed it the way it has been done despite common sense dictating otherwise.

Have to laugh at all these posters worried about the scheduling of the TC final, and the importance of it. Its on a Saturday at 3, cause nobody outside the 2 finalist cares about it, viewing figures will be poor  and 80% of the crowd for the AISF won't be in for it with over a  hour between games.

downtothecore

But 80% of the crowd have the tickets that a lot of us want and cant get for the TC