Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Quote from: WT4E on September 01, 2019, 10:12:25 PM
Galbally look hot for div 2 double.... Did strabane not score in 2nd half? Ouch!!!!!

Them and pomeroy have set down the markers. Strabane without key players through suspension, back them for 2020 reserve championship

GlenMan

Quote from: Under Lights on September 02, 2019, 06:38:29 AM
Galbally look hot for div 2 double.... Did strabane not score in 2nd half? Ouch!!!!!

Them and pomeroy have set down the markers. Strabane without key players through suspension, back them for 2020 reserve championship

Wasn't impressed by Pomeroy at all. They were much improved after the break but really struggled for scores in the first.

PeterEli

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on September 01, 2019, 12:30:54 PM
Quote from: PeterEli on September 01, 2019, 11:10:08 AM
Quote from: Under Lights on September 01, 2019, 10:53:32 AM
Mark Kavanagh, former county minor and u21, couldn't make Errigal bench Friday night. Either he's went badly backwards or nothing will stand in the way of this errigal team with the strength and depth. I checked before posting if he was injured.

What did anyone at the game on Friday night think of Errigal, when I seen their team list I wasn't blown away by it, didn't look as strong as previous years?
Bryan Horisk, Mark Kavanagh, Padraig McGirr and Peter Og McCartan are handy enough players to add back in further down the line.

Correct and I am sure they had a fair idea those lads wouldn't be needed v Eglish and three more weeks would do them the world of good. Bru Horisk is in Sydney. What about Tommy Canavan is he carrying an injury?

Under Lights

PeterEli

Galbally beat Killeeshil in 2016, 2-18 (I think) to no score, they fell at the semi final that year convincingly to Urney, with Strabane missing men a few I wouldn't read too much into last nights scoreline. However, the age profile of the Galbally team is extremely young, mostly made up of 2017 u21 team?

The Golden Years

Quote from: GaelTheGael on September 01, 2019, 10:18:17 AM
Carrickmore brilliant yesterday. All over the field they were on top. Makes for a potentially great game v Edendork. Penrose, who was outstanding, and Daly won't get that space inside again, so will be interesting to see how they cope with that. But the signs yesterday were very good. The young boys played well to, Murray be a big loss next day out though.
Dissapointed with Derrylaughan, offered very little resistance and left their full back line out to dry. Kennedy very very poor in the middle, no driving forward from him and no shift going the other way.

Best Carrickmore Performance i have seen in a number of years but wont be getting carried away as i question the quality of the opposition.  Derrylaughan were very poor although i do disagree with the poster in saying Kennedy was very poor.  He was the only man that put up a fight and stopped 2 goal scoring chances by chasing back in the first half.  Only so much one man can do.  Thought the sending offs were harsh espically Tiernan Murrays,  the lad was only trying to make his way up the field and was being held and harassed by the Derrylauglan No 6.  The No 6 already warned by the ref for the same behaviour a few minute earlier. 

GetOverTheBar

Who is the Galbally manager? John Moylan - is he a Galbally man or what's his background?

BIGONE

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 02, 2019, 10:49:31 AM
Who is the Galbally manager? John Moylan - is he a Galbally man or what's his background?

Cork man married and living in Galbally

BIGONE

Quote from: topofthesoil on September 02, 2019, 11:38:43 AM
few red cards in the rock/aghaloo game i hear?

6 in total.

Rock 1 - 2 yellows
Aghaloo 5. One for 2 yellows and 4 straight reds. 2 of them were at the final whistle after rock scored last goal. goal scorer kicked ball of goalkeepers tee and the keeper and aghaloo full back lost the rag

GlenMan

Quote from: BIGONE on September 02, 2019, 11:42:25 AM

6 in total.

Rock 1 - 2 yellows
Aghaloo 5. One for 2 yellows and 4 straight reds. 2 of them were at the final whistle after rock scored last goal. goal scorer kicked ball of goalkeepers tee and the keeper and aghaloo full back lost the rag

Stephen Donnelly, Ulster GAA, punched young Liam Nugent in the face.

square_ball

Why does it matter where he works?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: BIGONE on September 02, 2019, 11:39:40 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 02, 2019, 10:49:31 AM

Cork man married and living in Galbally

Making quite the name for himself, interesting to see what way he gets on with them (assuming they are for senior either way at this stage).

BG_Gael

Quote from: GlenMan on September 02, 2019, 11:57:10 AM
Quote from: BIGONE on September 02, 2019, 11:42:25 AM

6 in total.

Rock 1 - 2 yellows

Stephen Donnelly, Ulster GAA, punched young Liam Nugent in the face.

Aghaloo got some shock, they were talking Ulster and All Ireland's down there after the Drumquin game. Leaves junior very open now with realistically 4 teams in with a shout. Rock must be favourites though?

Jimbop

It is a pity Aghaloo went out. They were move than capable of an all ireland tilt. Sadly i dont think any of those left are at that level.

The Trap

Carmen most impressive team at the weekend and sets up a cracker against Edendork who once again appear to be putting a poor league campaign behind them at the right time of year. Omagh impressive too in a different way and again sets up a cracker against Errigal.
A lot of one sided games in Intermediate and it looks like it could be between Pomeroy and Galbally. What a game that could be. Could Cookstown or Stewartstown now slide into Junior?
Sounds like Rock stole if at the death. Bad week for Micky Donnelly who also lost out on Derry job. Opens up that championship though it could come down to another derby tussle between Kildress and Rock.