Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Quote from: Hardy on February 04, 2019, 02:06:51 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on February 04, 2019, 01:57:28 PM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on February 04, 2019, 02:05:37 AM
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/235821

Any takers?

"The RoI left our Union in 1922 after 121 years of being part of the family. We should now ask them to reconsider their position within both the UK & EU as a way of solving the current impasse over the Irish border issue that is holding up the Withdrawal Agreement. Britain & Ireland stronger together"

In other news, Josef Fritzl is hoping to get his family together again and bring back the good old days.

Excellent.
Given that they're trying to get back Ireland, one could say the UK has manufactured its own ex-trail?

BennyCake

It's like inviting the ex-wife to come live with you and your new wife, and to earn her keep the ex can look after your children you have with the new wife. And expect the ex to be grateful for it!

Oh those Brits! Tsk! I tell ya...

yellowcard

Probably just another stage managed visit where she meets a few cronies wheeled out for her by the DUP. 

yellowcard

And now Trimble is taking the British government to court over the backstop, you couldn't make this up. No doubt he is being used as a lackey by the Brexiteers here. 

heganboy

The more I watch Brexit the more I think of this:

https://youtu.be/tlNcRV8io9A
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Rossfan

Quote from: yellowcard on February 04, 2019, 04:22:11 PM
And now Trimble is taking the British government to court over the backstop, you couldn't make this up. No doubt he is being used as a lackey by the Brexiteers here.
Thought that oul bolx had died.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

playwiththewind1st

Any takers?

"The RoI left our Union in 1922 after 121 years of being part of the family. We should now ask them to reconsider their position within both the UK & EU as a way of solving the current impasse over the Irish border issue that is holding up the Withdrawal Agreement. Britain & Ireland stronger together"

Why stop there...the Indians & Rhodesians will be next. British Empire restored to its rightful place in the world.

omaghjoe

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on February 04, 2019, 05:55:54 PM

Any takers?

Why stop there...the Indians & Rhodesians will be next. British Empire restored to its rightful place in the world.

Anyone check out the map of signatories? Top constituencies are all NI apart from cities of London & Westminster.....hmmmm

Seems like another bit of DUP nonsense probably Sammy

Hereiam

So how many are out on the streets of Belfast today protesting and sending a clear message to May that brexit is wrong and we didn't vote for it...... yep

93-DY-SAM

Was her pervious deal only for one section of the population in the North before?

BennyHarp

Quote from: BennyCake on February 04, 2019, 10:16:55 AM

Any takers?

Awwww, part of the family. Come on lads. Let's have you.

Or maybe they could just give Northern Ireland back to Ireland and they can crack on with whatever sort of Brexit they want.
That was never a square ball!!

BennyCake

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 05, 2019, 10:47:32 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on February 04, 2019, 10:16:55 AM

Any takers?

Awwww, part of the family. Come on lads. Let's have you.

Or maybe they could just give Northern Ireland back to Ireland and they can crack on with whatever sort of Brexit they want.

The Dublin government clearly don't want it, given their partitionist attitude.

Hereiam

I know the Irish government don't want to stir tensions up here but this ole soft chat with the DUP is sickening. I would rather they talk to them for the pond life party that they are. I've said it before I don't trust Leo and I don't think he has any intention of reaching out to nationalists up here

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Hereiam on February 05, 2019, 10:11:06 AM
So how many are out on the streets of Belfast today protesting and sending a clear message to May that brexit is wrong and we didn't vote for it...... yep

There is none as deaf as those that don't want to hear.

You could have a million people out and the dumb fkker would still plough on ahead regardless.
i usse an speelchekor

yellowcard

Quote from: Hereiam on February 05, 2019, 12:42:02 PM
I know the Irish government don't want to stir tensions up here but this ole soft chat with the DUP is sickening. I would rather they talk to them for the pond life party that they are. I've said it before I don't trust Leo and I don't think he has any intention of reaching out to nationalists up here

He has listened to Unionists describe him as a nut case, an Indian, a warmongeror etc etc all whilst simultaneously (deliberately) getting his name wrong. Maybe it has given them a little more insight as to exactly what we have to deal with in the north with hardline unionists and their bigotry.

I think that the Irish government have been firm and consistent on the need for a backstop from the outset but I don't believe that it is out of any great concern for nationalists but rather simply that they are simply trying to protect their own economy.