Game of Thrones - Spoilers

Started by Dinny Breen, June 21, 2016, 10:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Night King due to throw the javelin for Finland in Tokyo 2020 Olympics I'm hearing.

leenie

Quote from: screenexile on August 16, 2017, 11:29:32 PM
Ah Johnny no spoilers lad!!

PS. f**k me that was awesome!

In fairness this Is a spoilers thread ???
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Mike Tyson

Where did they get those massive chains at the end? Is there some sort of metallurgy works north of the wall that the Night King is keeping quiet? And did he get some of the dead to swim down and attach them?

screenexile

Quote from: Mike Tyson on August 17, 2017, 12:43:36 PM
Where did they get those massive chains at the end? Is there some sort of metallurgy works north of the wall that the Night King is keeping quiet? And did he get some of the dead to swim down and attach them?

They're able to bring a dragon back to life and this is what vexes you??

;D ;D

gallsman

The melted down all the plot armour lying about the place.

leenie

Lol that was my first thought ...
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Mike Tyson

Quote from: screenexile on August 17, 2017, 12:59:29 PM

They're able to bring a dragon back to life and this is what vexes you??

;D ;D

;D lol

Enjoyed the scenes with the Hound & Tormund. Good laugh.

ballinaman

Who was the chap who fell off the edge and got ripped to shreds after he stopped Jon Snow falling over. Duine Eile good guy?

Gabriel_Hurl

Just a randommer from the Brotherhood or Free Folk

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: leenie on August 17, 2017, 11:06:23 AM

No real spoiler just puts an end to tyrion being some sort of targaryen in order to fly the third dragon - which was quite a widespread theory

gallsman

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on August 17, 2017, 03:34:50 PM
Quote from: leenie on August 17, 2017, 11:06:23 AM

No real spoiler just puts an end to tyrion being some sort of targaryen in order to fly the third dragon - which was quite a widespread theory

Puts an end to him riding one, not to him being a Targaryen.

Syferus

66 episodes in, and they finally bother to make the White Walkers a credible threat. Even up until the dragon kill it was like watching the Putty Patrol from the Power Rangers - they were being mowed down with ease. White Walkers themselves are so comically weak now we know what Valerian steel does to them. So many undead being stupid enough to run head first into the lake makes it clear that, forget about any prophecies, building a giant mote south of the Wall would have totally fĂșcked any plans they had. At least with a dragon they are more of a threat.

Still by far the weakest most generic aspect of the show. 66 hours in and not a peep from the Night King - I know they want to make him this silent, scary, other-worldly menace (even though we know for a fact he was once human), fine, but without any exposition being invested in what he's doing is incredibly difficult. Cersei is far more effective a villain because you can see things from her perspective; same goes for Joffrey, Tywin, Ramsey et al. The Night King is just a walking deus ex machina. I had hoped Jon would be captured and we might get a little more story and a little less staring off into the middle distance from the Night King.

CiKe

Some episode, can't imagine what the season finale will be like!

ballinaman

The fall into the water escape route used in the last 2 episodes...expect something a bit better!