Arlene's bigotry shines through

Started by StGallsGAA, February 14, 2018, 01:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red hander

Quote from: Hereiam on April 17, 2018, 09:47:16 PM
Hold on lads and lassies his cousin didn't put his first boiler in until nearly a year after he sent him the draft document (which was the first of 3 documents he sent over 3 yrs) and only put 6 in before the window closed for applications. And when was asked at the early stages of the inquiry if he has released any confidential information to family members he flat out denied it, but when they produced the email (which his cousin supplied to the inquiry) he just said he didn't remember doing it.
Its clear to be seen that Mr Dr Crawford (would love to know what he is a doctor of) is the scape goat for Snarlene and probably has been rewarded to do so.

Had to add this

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/crawford-back-with-dup-after-resigning-last-year-1-8455372

The text messages....lol

It's always been about lining their pockets with the DUP, from Red Sky to Nama to RHI and plenty of shenanigans before and after. Arlene's a busted flush. If she's still about by the time the RHI report is published (which I doubt), it will finish her. The only reason she is still here is her absolutely breathtaking arrogance

Hereiam

I don't know red hander, any other jurisdiction that would be the case but in this little corner of Ireland once the orange card is played alot is forgotten

Therealdonald

Quote from: Hereiam on April 17, 2018, 09:47:16 PM
Hold on lads and lassies his cousin didn't put his first boiler in until nearly a year after he sent him the draft document (which was the first of 3 documents he sent over 3 yrs) and only put 6 in before the window closed for applications. And when was asked at the early stages of the inquiry if he has released any confidential information to family members he flat out denied it, but when they produced the email (which his cousin supplied to the inquiry) he just said he didn't remember doing it.
Its clear to be seen that Mr Dr Crawford (would love to know what he is a doctor of) is the scape goat for Snarlene and probably has been rewarded to do so.

Had to add this

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/crawford-back-with-dup-after-resigning-last-year-1-8455372

The text messages....lol

Actually know that Anderson fella. If you want a laugh, there's a comment piece on Arlene and why shes right to leave if a United Ireland happens.

AQMP

Arlene Foster giving evidence again today.

Sweeper 123

and it is definitely worth the watching .....struggling, stuttering, red face .....

WT4E

MY GOD

How can anyone defend her - not matter how blinkered a religious, political, DUP view you have. And bare in mind this is a tame inquiry not really being too aggressive in questioning and still its damning!

This should be used as a key case study for why it is better to resign when you are responsible for something of such magnitude rather than go to an inquiry.

yellowcard

Arlene Foster is as tough as old boots......according to..........herself!! Even if the report totally indicts her, I doubt very much if she will be resigning.

Mr Sterling said civil servants had "got into the habit" of not recording minutes of meetings with ministers because the DUP and Sinn Féin were sensitive to criticism.

The DUP leader says she "did smile when I read that".

She doesn't believe any politicians are not sensitive to criticism and "given what I came through last year I think I'm tougher than most".

"All politicians know they're going to be criticised on a day and daily basis," she says, adding that "you have to ask if you're in the right job" if you are sensitive to criticism.

AQMP

"Mrs Foster says she "wasn't aware of rumours going around" in 2014 that the RHI scheme was offering a "cash for ash".

Biomass boiler firms were advertising their products through the scheme at trade fair organised by Stormont's enterprise and agriculture departments and were using slogans such as "burn to earn".

Inquiry Sir Patrick Coghlin asks Mrs Foster what communications she had with then agriculture minister Michelle O'Neill "as to what was actually happening on the street... with 'burn-to-earn', 'cash-for-ash'".

She says she didn't know about that and adds that she was not engaging with farmers about what they were doing in relation to with the scheme.

"I know that may sound rather strange given that I am a Fermanagh and South Tyrone MLA, but it's the truth," she adds."

And I thought some of the evidence in the rugby trial didn't ring true!

AQMP

LAD is running with #IDon'tBelieveHer :D

StGallsGAA

Quote from: AQMP on April 18, 2018, 05:39:52 PM
"Mrs Foster says she "wasn't aware of rumours going around" in 2014 that the RHI scheme was offering a "cash for ash".

Biomass boiler firms were advertising their products through the scheme at trade fair organised by Stormont's enterprise and agriculture departments and were using slogans such as "burn to earn".

Inquiry Sir Patrick Coghlin asks Mrs Foster what communications she had with then agriculture minister Michelle O'Neill "as to what was actually happening on the street... with 'burn-to-earn', 'cash-for-ash'".

She says she didn't know about that and adds that she was not engaging with farmers about what they were doing in relation to with the scheme.

"I know that may sound rather strange given that I am a Fermanagh and South Tyrone MLA, but it's the truth," she adds."

And I thought some of the evidence in the rugby trial didn't ring true!

Foster is an indelible stain on the political, social and economic history of the country and that's about as good as her legacy will ever read. 

johnnycool

Quote from: WT4E on April 18, 2018, 04:35:42 PM
MY GOD

How can anyone defend her - not matter how blinkered a religious, political, DUP view you have. And bare in mind this is a tame inquiry not really being too aggressive in questioning and still its damning!

This should be used as a key case study for why it is better to resign when you are responsible for something of such magnitude rather than go to an inquiry.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

6th sam

Arlene is a bizarre character and a bizarre choice as unionist leader.
Her background has shaped her , and as she has been a victim, she at least deserves empathy and respect for her right to articulate her point of view.
Victims usually fall into 3 categories:
1. The Alan McBride type , who are the true heroes of the conflict and an inspiration to us all, determined to make sure they offer their loss to the benefit of all.
2. Those that cope in silence and remain under the radar as they try to cope with their loss , and get on with their lives( many struggle)
3. Those who remain bitter and resentful ( and we can all understand that) and can't get past their loss, and probably feel a sense of responsibility not to let down those that have passed or were injured.

Arlene clearly falls into the 3rd category. Those entrenched in that bitterness, on both sides , are the biggest barrier to progress. Though I have complete empathy for their position, I feel they need to be respected but ultimately sidelined, so that we can rebuild a society which would be the ultimate legacy to all who have suffered and/or died.

Arlene's upbringing , including the suffering of herself and family and friends. Appears to have left her very bitter, and she makes minimal attempts to hide that. She was dwarfed in the presence of Martin McGuinness in terms of reconciliation and respect.
I think we can over analyse her , but the mask well and truly slipped , when Kielty probed her thoughts for the future. The so-called "leader of unionism" would be on the first boat out of here, once unionism loses its majority. So in the other words , she shows complete disregard and disdain for the vast majority of those who have paid her wages and brought her to the ultimate office , as she waves them goodbye to move to a Britain , where ironically she'd be like a fish out of water.
These sentiments betray an over-riding anti-Irishness from her. We all know she appears to have absolutely no rapport with more than  50% of the whole community , but it's incredible that she also has no respect or care for her own community, and future generations of those here that perceive themselves British .
Incidentally, if and when she goes back to her day job as a solicitor, she'll struggle with credibility , as she comes across as someone for whom truth economy and reality denial is second nature.

Oh to see a fresh and magnanimous leader of unionism emerge , that actually see further than the next 10years . Unfortunately, I don't think cultural unionism
Lends itself to such an approach.
I think the only solution short-medium term, is a consensus around equality and respect , with the national constitutional question becoming a side issue, and eventually sorting itself out.
That respect majority needs to expose and confront anyone who challenges normal civilised behaviour, eg orangeism, cultural bullying etc

longballin

Quote from: 6th sam on April 19, 2018, 10:07:12 AM
Her background has shaped her , and as she has been a victim, she at least deserves empathy and respect for her right to articulate her point of view.
1. The Alan McBride type , who are the true heroes of the conflict and an inspiration to us all, determined to make sure they offer their loss to the benefit of all.
2. Those that cope in silence and remain under the radar as they try to cope with their loss , and get on with their lives( many struggle)
3. Those who remain bitter and resentful ( and we can all understand that) and can't get past their loss, and probably feel a sense of responsibility not to let down those that have passed or were injured.

Arlene clearly falls into the 3rd category. Those entrenched in that bitterness, on both sides , are the biggest barrier to progress. Though I have complete empathy for their position, I feel they need to be respected but ultimately sidelined, so that we can rebuild a society which would be the ultimate legacy to all who have suffered and/or died.

Arlene's upbringing , including the suffering of herself and family and friends. Appears to have left her very bitter, and she makes minimal attempts to hide that. She was dwarfed in the presence of Martin McGuinness in terms of reconciliation and respect.
I think we can over analyse her , but the mask well and truly slipped , when Kielty probed her thoughts for the future. The so-called "leader of unionism" would be on the first boat out of here, once unionism loses its majority. So in the other words , she shows complete disregard and disdain for the vast majority of those who have paid her wages and brought her to the ultimate office , as she waves them goodbye to move to a Britain , where ironically she'd be like a fish out of water.
These sentiments betray an over-riding anti-Irishness from her. We all know she appears to have absolutely no rapport with more than  50% of the whole community , but it's incredible that she also has no respect or care for her own community, and future generations of those here that perceive themselves British .
Incidentally, if and when she goes back to her day job as a solicitor, she'll struggle with credibility , as she comes across as someone for whom truth economy and reality denial is second nature.

Oh to see a fresh and magnanimous leader of unionism emerge , that actually see further than the next 10years . Unfortunately, I don't think cultural unionism
I think the only solution short-medium term, is a consensus around equality and respect , with the national constitutional question becoming a side issue, and eventually sorting itself out.
That respect majority needs to expose and confront anyone who challenges normal civilised behaviour, eg orangeism, cultural bullying etc

if she wants to be a bitter bigot that's her call but to be in a position of leadership is appalling. What hope is there?

WT4E

Is there no one in senior leadership in DUP that could take a step back and say this is making us look really bad and foolish - Arlene maybe its time to take early retirement?? It has to be doing the party serious harm

johnnycool

Quote from: WT4E on April 19, 2018, 10:51:22 AM

Is there no one in senior leadership in DUP that could take a step back and say this is making us look really bad and foolish - Arlene maybe its time to take early retirement?? It has to be doing the party serious harm

Religious fundamentalists of any creed are never wrong.

Unionism has never accepting the part it played in causing the troubles here and until it does they'll never be at peace with themselves let alone their nationalist neighbours.

Any time a Unionist politician is faced with this issue they dress it up as Sinn Féin/ IRA trying to rewrite history.