Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: thewanderer on December 21, 2010, 09:10:13 AM
i heard from a cruppin source that willie j padden has transfered to them recently. what happened that he went of the radar for mayo last year? hope he didnt see last years cship match with cross or he will change his mind.

Is this the same source that released it last year, and the year before that, and the yeat before that.... ::)  If I were Cruppin i would push for Billy Joe as I reckon Willie Joe has had his day!  "Will Galway bate Mayo?  Not if they have Willie Joe?"

Throw ball

Quote from: mackers on December 21, 2010, 02:09:09 PM
Quote from: Goats Do Shave on December 21, 2010, 11:03:49 AM
Quote from: thewanderer on December 21, 2010, 09:07:56 AM
some crap being stated on here. not to pick paul duffy about the only player to take the fight to monaghan would be madness. halfback line will probually be ak cmck paul duffy. full-backs am bd fm.

That's the one i'd go with. Plenty of pace & experience in there... all coming to their peak!
But not much defending either Goats, we can afford to have one ball playing HB bombing up the field but not two. I would have Duffy on ahead of AK myself going on last year's performances. It's a pity we didn't have such a choice in the HF line.

I only had to suggest AK over Duffy and all hell broke loose so that would be the safe option.  :)

Seriously though I think both have their positives and negatives. Although Duffy played well last year when he was in the half forward line, like AK this year, the year before he was less than good. Ideally Duffy would nail down a place while AK helps Cross win an All Ireland and Grugan proves to be an ace free taker and play maker (not must to ask from a young fella!). On a separate note if I wanted a player to come on at half back and turn a game in your favour I would take Duffy to come on. All yet to be considered and exciting times ahead!

Applesisapples

For what it's worth in my opinion Aaron Kernan, McKeever and Moriarty would beour HB line, Kernan has been outstanding for cross in that position. Moriarty will always give the HF something to defend against whilst McKeever is ....well McKeever.

winsamsoon

See on ceefax that Ryan Henderson has decided to saty out of the Armagh panel and focus on Donegal celtic. Must be in line for a champions league place  :D

But seriously Henderson is a good footballer and he has been on that panel now for three years and IMO he hasn't got the chances he deserved in the bigger games. Whilst i think turning your back on the GAA for soccer in unacceptable i can see the lads point if this is infact the situation as soe of these stories turn out to be hearsay

Anyway Happy Christmas lads look forwards to another good years banter and abuse  ;)
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Applesisapples

Quote from: winsamsoon on December 23, 2010, 02:45:13 PM
See on ceefax that Ryan Henderson has decided to saty out of the Armagh panel and focus on Donegal celtic. Must be in line for a champions league place  :D

But seriously Henderson is a good footballer and he has been on that panel now for three years and IMO he hasn't got the chances he deserved in the bigger games. Whilst i think turning your back on the GAA for soccer in unacceptable i can see the lads point if this is infact the situation as soe of these stories turn out to be hearsay

Anyway Happy Christmas lads look forwards to another good years banter and abuse  ;)
It was in the Irish News yesterday, i'd say thats his intercounty career over. To hot and cold anyway.

torres

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on December 21, 2010, 03:25:50 PM
Quote from: mackers on December 21, 2010, 02:09:09 PM
Quote from: Goats Do Shave on December 21, 2010, 11:03:49 AM
Quote from: thewanderer on December 21, 2010, 09:07:56 AM
some crap being stated on here. not to pick paul duffy about the only player to take the fight to monaghan would be madness. halfback line will probually be ak cmck paul duffy. full-backs am bd fm.

That's the one i'd go with. Plenty of pace & experience in there... all coming to their peak!
But not much defending either Goats, we can afford to have one ball playing HB bombing up the field but not two. I would have Duffy on ahead of AK myself going on last year's performances. It's a pity we didn't have such a choice in the HF line.

Says who? - says you!
If they're going forward all the time, i've no problem with it... means Armagh have posession! - As long as they use it well, then Armagh won't be exposed!

Attack (& Defend) in numbers!  ;)
seen in one of the local papers during the week that armagh condeded more frees than any other team in the championship last year in that game v derry which was also the most frees awarded in any championship game

Onion Bag

Anyone got any idea when the leagues r due to start?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

RealSpiritof98

Just heard there that Carlsberg are interested in the Athletic Grounds, geared towards getting into the GAA social clubs one would think.

JUst retired

I can`t see that happening,as alchol sponsorship is not possible. But if they were?

get up there

its sure going to be a league to look forward to , playing with the big boys :o  ;D

illdecide

I see Henderson's name on the McKenna cup squad? He's scoring rightly for Donegal Celtic! The Fella was right to walk away from Armagh if thats true, he was made the scapegoat for the last few years. As soon as anything happened he was subbed.

Last year against Dery (i think) he played well, he didn't score but got a few free's and set up about 3 pts and was dropped for the Monaghan game. I think Ryan, Clarke (R) and McDonnell would have been a cracker full forward line. If the management could have sorted out Armagh's Half Forward line it would have had better results...

Before u all start i know he has under achieved but he knew himself that come the big games he was always getting the chop, the managers should have been more loyalty to him. My opinion is he's worth a place in the team
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

charlie stubbs

Quote from: illdecide on January 05, 2011, 12:49:10 PM
I see Henderson's name on the McKenna cup squad? He's scoring rightly for Donegal Celtic! The Fella was right to walk away from Armagh if thats true, he was made the scapegoat for the last few years. As soon as anything happened he was subbed.

Last year against Dery (i think) he played well, he didn't score but got a few free's and set up about 3 pts and was dropped for the Monaghan game. I think Ryan, Clarke (R) and McDonnell would have been a cracker full forward line. If the management could have sorted out Armagh's Half Forward line it would have had better results...

Before u all start i know he has under achieved but he knew himself that come the big games he was always getting the chop, the managers should have been more loyalty to him. My opinion is he's worth a place in the team

agree that he was excellent v derry last year.  ryan is a confidence player and getting hauled off despite playing well, showed a lack of support from o'rourke in my view.  jamie clarke's emergence, the return to form of miceal orourke and the development of some of the minor players probablyhelped ryan make the decision.  good luck to him hopefully he keeps DC uo  ;)

fitzroyalty

I'm still reserving judgment on Grugan, Tasker and co, seen them play ball for their clubs and although they stand out county will be a step up. On that basis I'd have liked Henderson to have stayed, although a good bit older he still has more experience than them. Always disappointing to see a player chose soccer over GAA, and going from playing championship one year to possibly not playing the next.

illdecide

How did Cross fair out against Queens last night in Taghnavan?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Family guy

I hear johnny murtagh is back to lead armagh back to the glory days,or should i say day lol