Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

clans beat the Ogs by about 5. think the score was 0-10 to 0-15.
good second half from the clans. wasted a few goals chances which could have wrapped it up sooner.

Armagh Exile

QuoteLo and behold the ref today was from tir na nog and actully struck a couple of our players two weeks ago.

Result? verbal threats of sendings off throughout and a straight red for one of our lads for nothing. refereeing, armagh style...

If the above serious allegations are true then I would hope that Dromintee will call for an Investigation as to how this official was appointed to referee today's game.

David McKeown

Annaghmore won 3-6 to 1-10 against Granemore.  Will get a match report up shortly.  Shane Smyth scored 3-2 from (the goals all from play) despite being marked by Tony McClelland
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

David McKeown

Annaghmore v Granemore

Annaghmore recorded their first two points in division 2 with a hard fought home win over Granemore this past Sunday.  Despite playing against a strong breeze in the first half it was Granemore who scored the first point of the game inside the opening two minutes.  Their lead didn't last long however as Eoin McCormack's 21m free soon had Annaghmore back on level terms before Gavin McGilly put the home side in front with a fine point from play.  Shane Smyth then knocked over a 13m free to leave Annaghmore 3-1 ahead after 10 minutes.

In the 11th minute Shane Smyth raced clear of the Granemore defence to collect a Gavin McGilly flick on before calmly firing his and Annaghmore's first goal of the game.  The goal seemed to spark Granemore into life and they scored a point almost immediately following the resulting kick out.  Both sides then exchanged points with Shane Smyth scoring a 13m free for the home team.  Two fine points from distance from Daniel McGilly then followed in quick succession to leave Annaghmore ahead 1-6 to 0-3.

Shane Smyth then goaled for a second time just before half time following more good link up play with Gavin McGilly.  Again it was Granemore who seemed to react the better to this goal and 4 minutes into injury time they appeared to have a great chance to get back into the game when they were awarded a penalty for what appeared to be an off the ground block by one of Annaghmore's defenders.  Granemore weren't able to take full advantage of this chance however as they were only able to score a point from the penalty to leave the score 2-6 to 0-4 at half time.

It was an entirely different story in the second half as Granemore tried to use the stiff breeze to their advantage to get back into the game. After 10 minutes it appeared as if they might just be able to do this as a goal a point had cut the Annaghmore lead to just 4 points.  This reminded many of those in attendance of the corresponding fixture last year when Granemore were able to overturn a half time deficit, however over the next 15 minutes Granemore continued to pile on the pressure but resolute defending and some wayward shooting restricted them to only three points.  This meant that with time running out Granemore still trailed 2-6 to 1-8.  The quality of Annaghmore's defending resulted in increasing levels of frustration for Granemore which in turn lead to some over elaboration in their own back line.  This was to be their undoing as Shane Smyth was able to intercept a wayward pass from a Granemore defender before holding off two other defenders to finish to the net and complete his hat trick.  This was to give Annaghmore some breathing space and despite a score from Granemore at the beginning of injury time and another 10 minutes later at the end of injury time, Annaghmore were able to hold on for an important and well deserved win over last years division 3 champions.

Annaghmore Scorers

S Smyth 3-2 (2 frees) D McGilly 0-2  E McCormack 0-1 (free) G McGilly 0-1
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

winsamsoon

O ye of little faith Lurgan blue predicting a Pearse Og victory. Lads surely to christ you can't be serious about this transfer request being turned down on account of a incorrect spelling? Personally if i were a Harps player i would want nothing to do with this guy Donnelly so i would personally sign a petition to get rid of him. If he doesn't want to play for his club then he quite clearly shouldn't be there. Another issue worth raising, that's not a bad setup the ogs have there at ballycrummy, i would go as far to say that it is one of the best pitches in Armagh no doubt.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

bennydorano

Quote from: winsamsoon on April 30, 2007, 05:31:46 AM
O ye of little faith Lurgan blue predicting a Pearse Og victory. Lads surely to christ you can't be serious about this transfer request being turned down on account of a incorrect spelling?

Not true ::) I actually heard JP wanted to leave because the Harps eat babies.

winsamsoon

I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

direct

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on April 29, 2007, 05:39:07 PM
Result? verbal threats of sendings off throughout and a straight red for one of our lads for nothing. refereeing, armagh style...

More Dromintee lies. Seems every club is wrong bar yourselves.
Dromintee man was lined for kicking the man on the ground in the head. No amount of asking the ref to put it in for 2 yellows will change that fact.
A disgrace to football in general

lurganblue

QuoteO ye of little faith Lurgan blue predicting a Pearse Og victory

very true chief. glad yous proved me wrong. very good in the second half. thought austy played very well. could easily have been a few sent of in this match though. a lot of punches thrown (both sides).
the ogs pitch looked outstanding. definately one of the best pitches i've seen in a while.

Aghdavoyle

Quote from: direct on April 30, 2007, 10:20:41 AM

Lets leave Whitecross's performance out of this...

naka

heard billy joe padden was engaged with a niece of the late Peter loughran so there could be some truth in the rumour he is moving to cruppen next year

direct

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on April 30, 2007, 10:46:06 AM

Quote from: direct on April 30, 2007, 10:20:41 AM

Lets leave Whitecross's performance out of this...

Not meaning to take you back to school, but it's Whitecross' :D
Does not say much about yourselves when you could only beat them by 6 points then, does it?
No mention about the kick in the head then, or trying to get it changed to 2 yellows? ???

ard mhaca abu

Quoteheard billy joe padden was engaged with a niece of the late Peter loughran so there could be some truth in the rumour he is moving to cruppen next year

thats correct getting married next year and will be living in the locality

High Catch

From Orchard county.com

ARMAGH CLUB RESULTS FOR W/E SUNDAY 29 APRIL 2007

Wednesday 25 April

ACL – Division II
St Patrick's 1-12; St Michael's 2-6

Friday 27 April

ACL – Division III
St Paul's 1-5; Sarsfields 0-12

ACL – Division IV
Belleek v Shane O'Neill's (Off)

Sunday 29 April

ACL – Division I
Whitecross 0-8; Dromintee 0-14
Crossmaglen 1-15; Harps 2-4
Culloville 0-7; Maghery 1-13
Pearse Og 0-10; Clan na Gael 0-15
Tir na nÓg 0-9; Mullaghbawn 1-6

ACL – Division II
Annaghmore 3-6; Granemore 1-10
Ballymacnab 0-10; Carrickcruppen 4-9
Keady 0-12; Wolfe Tones 0-12
Killeavey 0-10; St Michael's 0-8
St Patrick's 0-9; Clann Eireann 0-8
St Peter's 2-7; Silverbridge 2-12

ACL – Division III
Ballyhegan 0-16; Crossmaglen II 0-5
Clady 1-12; Clonmore 0-16
Lissummon v Tullysaran (Off)
Madden 3-10; Middletown 1-9
An Port Mor 1-6; Collegeland 1-8

ACL – Division IV
Derrynoose 3-6; O'Hanlon's 0-5
Dorsey Emmett's 3-6; Corrinshego 0-5
Eire Og 2-11; Belleek 2-9
Grange 2-11; Mullaghbrack 0-4
Phelim Brady's 2-4; Forkhill 2-15

County Feile Semi-Final Replay
Shane O'Neill's 3-11; Pearse Og 2-4

ALL-COUNTY LEAGUE TABLES

Division I
P W D L Pts
Crossmaglen 3 3 0 0 6
Dromintee 3 2 0 1 4
Mullaghbawn 2 1 1 0 3
Maghery 2 1 1 0 3
Tir na nÓg 2 1 1 0 3
Clan na Gael 3 1 1 1 3
Whitecross 3 1 0 2 2
Pearse Og 2 0 1 1 1
Harps 3 0 1 2 1
Culloville 3 0 0 3 0

Division II
P W D L Pts
Killeavey 3 3 0 0 6
St Patrick's 2 2 0 0 4
Silverbridge 2 2 0 0 4
Carrickcruppen 3 2 0 1 4
Wolfe Tones 3 1 1 1 3
Clann Eireann 2 1 0 1 2
Granemore 2 1 0 2 2
Annaghmore 3 1 0 2 2
Ballymacnab 3 1 0 2 2
St Michael's 3 1 0 2 2
Keady 3 0 1 2 1
St Peter's 3 0 0 3 0

Division III
P W D L Pts
Madden 3 3 0 0 6
Sarsfields 3 3 0 0 6
Ballyhegan 2 2 0 0 4
An Port Mor 3 2 0 1 4
Collegeland 3 2 0 1 4
St Paul's 3 1 1 1 3
Lissummon 2 1 0 1 2
Clonmore 3 1 0 2 2
Tullysaran 2 0 1 1 1
Middletown 2 0 0 2 0
Clady 3 0 0 3 0
Crossmaglen II 3 0 0 3 0

Division IV
P W D L Pts
Eire Og 3 3 0 0 6
Dorsey Emmett's 3 2 1 0 5
Grange 2 2 0 0 4
Derrynoose 3 2 0 1 4
Mullaghbrack 3 2 0 1 4
Shane O'Neill's 1 1 0 0 2
Forkhill 3 1 0 2 2
O'Hanlon's 3 0 1 2 1
Belleek 1 0 0 1 0
Corrinshego 3 0 0 3 0
Phelim Brady's 3 0 0 3 0

Aghdavoyle

Quote from: direct on April 30, 2007, 10:51:09 AM
Not meaning to take you back to school, but it's Whitecross' :D

Gramatics are such an effective way to win an argument...

Does not say much about yourselves when you could only beat them by 6 points then, does it?

Of course, this is true. a six point defeat is really a moral victory for you.

No mention about the kick in the head then, or trying to get it changed to 2 yellows? ???

Noone tried to change anything? as if we were gonna talk to that gobshite from portadown.