Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winsamsoon

Going the right direction n e way
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

pearseog

bit like last year ivedecided, poor start-doomed to div 2 next year then your good old friends at pearse og kickstart your season!  ;)

fitzroyalty

Quote from: pearseog on June 06, 2010, 04:57:31 PM
bit like last year ivedecided, poor start-doomed to div 2 next year then your good old friends at pearse og kickstart your season!  ;)
Many thanks  ;)

Heaneys Wish

Quote from: Heaneys Wish on June 06, 2010, 11:20:01 AM
Be very interesting to see how today's Ref M Sludden gets on today? I personally feel this game is too big for him and he will kill it technically and his fitness has always been in question, S Woods must be on a knife edge today seeing that he backed his recent promo to grade 1 refereeing status allegedly at head quarters??????????? Lets see how his man gets on, with the cameras etc etc

Well not long back, but one consolation is that I made the right call on the Ref, Mr Woods must be suitably embarrassed! Just not championship material is Sludden, totally off the pace to far away on most of the decisions..........

lucan

to heaneys wish . typical armagh attitude ;blaming the ref for a 12point massacre .at least we will have abit of peace in newryand the orange  camellions will commence their return to red and black

el_cuervo_fc

Armagh Club Results for w/e Saturday 5 June 2010

Monday 31 May
ACL – Div. I
Maghery 0-7; Clan na Gael 2-9

Wednesday 2 June
Armagh 'B' Championship – 1st Round
Pearse Og 3-12; St Peter's 0-9
Crossmaglen 4-12; Annaghmore 4-12
St Paul's 0-9; Granemore 0-7
Maghery 2-12; Dromintee 1-13
St Patrick's 1-14; Wolfe Tone 0-5
Silverbridge 0-6; Clan na Gael 0-10
Carrickcruppen 0-6; Mullaghbawn 0-12
Middletown 3-10; Collegeland 0-7
Ballymacnab 2-7; Grange 3-12
Clann Eireann 0-10; Culloville 0-7
Armagh Harps 2-12; Madden 0-8
ACL – Div. IV
Mullabrack 1-12; Derrynoose 2-10

Thursday 3 June
Armagh 'B' Championship – 1st Round
Sarsfields 1-12; Ballyhegan 1-2
ACL – Div. II
Silverbridge 0-10; Keady 1-7
ACL – Div. III
St Paul's 0-14; Belleek 0-9
Annaghmore 2-7; Eire Og 0-8

Friday 4 June
ACL – Div. I
Pearse Og v Whitecross (Off)
Culloville 2-21; Sarsfields 0-9
Killeavy 0-14; St Patrick's 0-13
Carrickcruppen 0-15; Mullaghbawn 0-8
Clan na Gael 1-11; Dromintee 0-6
ACL – Div. II
Wolfe Tone 0-14; Ballyhegan 1-9
Clann Eireann 1-14; St Michael's 1-14
Ballymacnab 2-8; Madden 0-6
Armagh Harps 1-6; Granemore 1-13
St Peter's 0-13; Tir na nÓg 0-12
ACL – Div. III
Forkhill 0-15; Tullysaran 0-13
Shane O'Neill's 1-17; Lissummon 0-5
An Port Mor 0-6; Collegeland 1-8
ACL – Div. IV
Phelim Brady's 2-4; Mullabrack 1-9
Dorsey Emmett's 1-16; Corrinshego 0-12
Grange 2-12; Crossmaglen II 1-16
St Patrick's II 0-3; Killeavy II 1-13
Killean 2-10; Clady 1-13

Saturday 5 June
ACL – Div. I
Crossmaglen 1-17; Maghery 1-8
ACL – Div. III
O'Hanlon's 1-2; Derrynoose 1-19

true

Surely someone in the 'Cash can see if your sitting 4th in the division you should be pushing these lads to try to get to 3rd then 2nd not sitting back on your ass concentrating on staying up!!!!!!!!!!

The Worker

any chance of a match report charles?

i enjoyed your reports from last season

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: true on June 06, 2010, 11:04:01 PM
Surely someone in the 'Cash can see if your sitting 4th in the division you should be pushing these lads to try to get to 3rd then 2nd not sitting back on your ass concentrating on staying up!!!!!!!!!!

Correct - no ambition!!

thewanderer

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on June 06, 2010, 12:17:31 PM
Clans should be on 12 points - 4 points pissed down the drain (Against Cruppen and Killeavy) however thats not a yap I think the team learned a lot from those defeats and you are seeing the effects of that in recent performances.

The pleasing thing for blues supporters (If you could call our supporters supporters!!) is that this remains a very young side but even still there is much more to come from it. I believe in 4 weeks time Clans will be 2nd or 3rd in the table and wont look back.

now now boys it wasnt that long ago that u wer lookin minor teams sent down to play ur boys. still a long way to go yet but once again u got the usual yearly help from ur nearest and dearest

IVEDECIDED

davo

Is it just me or is there a pattern with most games in division 1. if the matches are played on the sunday then usually the favourites for the match have won but if the game is played on a friday evening or any other evening with boys working all day etc then the home team almost always wins? just a thought.

TacadoirArdMhacha

ACL Division 1: St Patrick's 0-13 Killeavy 0-14

The Senior side slipped to rock bottom in the first division table with a disastrous defeat away to Killeavy in a match which was effectively thrown away by the Cullyhanna men who dominated for large periods but allowed Killeavy back into the match through a lack of concentration and the concession of silly frees. The match began evenly enough with the sides exchanging two scores a piece, Robbie Tasker being the man on target for Cullyhanna. On 8 minutes, Kieran Hoey burst through the Killeavy defence and fired over a point to put Cullyhanna into the lead for the first time. 2 minutes later Shane McKeever made space well on the 45m line and kicked over a fine point. Cullyhanna almost extended their lead much further when Barry McConville did well to get on the end of an inventive Robbie Tasker pass however the ball was unfortunately palmed into the side netting. The game then fell into something of a lull for 10 minutes with a couple of injuries disrupting play before the sides exchanged pointed frees. A great cross field ball from Paudie Mackin found Robbie Tasker who by this stage was giving his marker a torrid time. Tasker kicked a superb point with the outside of his foot to put his side 0-6 to 0-3 ahead. When Kieran Hoey kicked a fine score after 27 minutes it looked like St Pat's would have a useful half time lead however some slopping marking and needless frees allowed Killeavy to narrow the deficit to the minimum with 3 quick-fire points just before the break. While the first half was probably even enough in terms of possession, St Pat's looked the more dangerous and will have been disappointed not to have been further ahead.

The second half began just as the first had, with a pointed Killeavy free however St Pat's soon began to dominate affairs and seized control of the match with points from Kieran Hoey, Eugene Casey and Robbie Tasker. A forceful run from Kieran Hoey on 17 minutes allowed him to kick an excellent score under pressure and a minute later Robbie Tasker continued his exhibition of forward play when he capitalised on a good Barry McConville pass to kick his fifth point of the game from play. With only 12 minutes left and Cullyhanna holding a commanding lead of 0-12 to 0-7, it looked as though the visitors were well on their way to their second victory of the season. However St Pat's failed to press home their advantage despite making a number of substitutions which appeared only to disrupt their rhythm. Sensing that the match was not beyond them, Killeavy responded with 3 scores in a row before Robbie Tasker steadied the ship with another great point to put Cullyhanna 3 ahead with 5 minutes of normal time remaining. Almost immediately Killeavy struck back with a point and with a minute to go a slow paced Cullyhanna broke down and some direct football from Killeavy brought them back within the minimum. By this stage, the St Pat's seemed to have run out of ideas and were struggling to hang on. It was perhaps inevitable that having wrestled control of the match, Killeavy were to kick the 2 late points needed to secure a crucial win.

This was a desperately disappointing defeat considering the pattern of the match and it is difficult to escape the conclusion that St Pat's effectively defeated themselves by switching off towards the end of each half. The side are now left in huge relegation trouble and while there is little doubt that the side contains enough quality players to stave off the drop, some major changes in performance are needed if results are to improve and Division 2 football is to be avoided. Best on the day for St Pat's were Robbie Tasker and Kieran Hoey who were a constant threat up front while Eoin McArdle had a good game in defence.

Starting XV: Conor O'Neill; Michael Murray, Stephen Reel, Brendan Savage; Eoin McArdle, Paudie McCreesh, Niall McShane; Barry McConville, Tony Donnelly (0-1); Aidan Mackin, Kieran Hoey (0-4), Shane McKeever (0-1); Eugene Casey (0-1) Paudie Mackin, Robbie Tasker (0-6). Subs Used: Gary McCooey, Liam O'Hare, Paul Toner

ACL Division 4: St Patrick's II 0-3 Killeavy 1-13

This battle of the Seconds sides resulted in a fairly comfortable victory for the Killeavy team who dominated throughout. Despite points from Shane O'Neill, Brendan Nugent and Peter Loughran, the Cullyhanna team were never really in touch however they will hopeful of a much improved performance against Mullabrack next week.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

IVEDECIDED

How are Clans 25/1 to win the championship and st.pats are only 16/1?? Surely Clans must be a slightly better bet than st.pats - anyone agree?

thewanderer

have to say im a bit surprised thought they should be on similar odds. st pats are a better team than their results to date show and they are handicapped without mc keever and mackin. the bigger odds should suit u boys with a big wagger for the championship or do the odds really matter?