Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orange2009

Orchard Tv presents an interview with Paddy O'Rourke as he looks ahead to Armagh's crunch clash with Donegal in Letterkenny

http://armagh-gaa.com/Armagh-TV/News/VIDEO--Paddy-O-Rourke-talks-about-Donegal-game.aspx

charlie stubbs

tones v the nab 6.30 at eire og on saturday

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: Hedley Lamarr on April 07, 2010, 09:17:59 AM
Who is in charge of "le bleu" this season? Is Diarmuid involved?

No hes u21 manager - gerard skelton is senior manager

fitzroyalty

Any League predictions?

Mullabawn v Crossmaglen
Pearse Og v Sarsfields
Killeavy v Maghery
Cullaville v Dromintee
Whitecross v Cullyhanna
Clan na Gael v Carrickcruppen

Silverbridge v Tir na nOg
St Peter's v St Michael's
Keady v Madden
Clann Eireann v Granemore
Wolfe Tones v Ballymacnab
Armagh Harps v Ballyhegan

Hedley Lamarr

Any League predictions?

Mullabawn v Crossmaglen
Pearse Og v Sarsfields
Killeavy v Maghery
Cullaville v Dromintee
Whitecross v Cullyhanna Draw
Clan na Gael v Carrickcruppen

Silverbridge v Tir na nOg
St Peter's v St Michael's
Keady v Madden
Clann Eireann v Granemore
Wolfe Tones v Ballymacnab
Armagh Harps v Ballyhegan
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

charlie stubbs

Div 2

1st-Armagh Harps- will expect to go up this year as champions.  swift will be a loss to the county panel, thought decky mckenna availability should be a help.  division 1 football a must if out to continue to challenge at senior championship level
2nd ballymacnab- brian mccone dropping off the senior panel be a big help.  throw in mcparland and grugan to the mix and they will have a potent forward line. 
3rd granemore will have high hopes this year after going so close to promotion last year. jason o neill being with county be a blow and i think their neighbours ballymacnab will edge them out.
4th tirnanog- alot of talented players however attitude maybe an issue.  could beat any team in the division on their day.  will look to davey turley and paul carville for most of their scores
5th clann eireann- another hit and miss team.  good senior championship run last year will give them some confidence, though an over reliance on ryan henderson may be their downfall
6th wolfe tone- very young side, however will need to turn a lot of last years narrow defeats into wins.  a more committed management team should help!
7th keady- will need to improve their away form of recent previous yearswhen have been in 2nd division.  victory over culloville last year showed can be a dangerous team.  will hope build on successful year last year.  no county men will help
8th madden- over achieved imo last year.  feeneys continuing involvement with the county will affect them.  will need big year from a number of u21s who got to the county final 2 years ago
9th silverbridge- should have enough to avoid the drop this year, with a few players returning from abroad.  a good championship run should be the aim
10th st.michaels-may struggle with motivation after last year's championship success.  will need to make a better start to this year
11th st.peters- last year's division 3 runners up.  david wilson's form and fitness be crucial.  younger players such as niall mcconville, eoghan mccormack may have to ease the scoring burden
12th ballyhegan- lucky to stay up last year after a good end of season run by newtown and tirnanogs failure to field.  paddy mckeever will again be a key man for them

fitzroyalty

Quote from: charlie stubbs on April 07, 2010, 07:09:25 PM
5th clann eireann- another hit and miss team.  good senior championship run last year will give them some confidence, though an over reliance on ryan henderson may be their downfall
they won one game!

true

same old same old 'very young side' cry re Tones stubbs. seen them against Clans couple weeks ago at least 9 of starting line have played senior football for the last 5/6 years!!!! with Finn Mo , Quilly, Seanie Smith and 1 or 2 others standing on side line.  As for more committed management he wasn't there for that match!!!!!!!!!!!! Time will tell but think its about time players stood up and were counted.  Come champ time can be sure there will be a few more aul hands back on deck.

winsamsoon

Yeah but the point you are missing true is that they still aren't good enough and never where, despite who they have/had playing. I have never seen football as poor in and around the lurgan area. It has truly went to the dogs.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: charlie stubbs on April 07, 2010, 07:09:25 PM
Div 2

1st-Armagh Harps- will expect to go up this year as champions.  swift will be a loss to the county panel, thought decky mckenna availability should be a help.  division 1 football a must if out to continue to challenge at senior championship level
2nd ballymacnab- brian mccone dropping off the senior panel be a big help.  throw in mcparland and grugan to the mix and they will have a potent forward line. 
3rd granemore will have high hopes this year after going so close to promotion last year. jason o neill being with county be a blow and i think their neighbours ballymacnab will edge them out.
4th tirnanog- alot of talented players however attitude maybe an issue.  could beat any team in the division on their day.  will look to davey turley and paul carville for most of their scores
6th wolfe tone- very young side, however will need to turn a lot of last years narrow defeats into wins.  a more committed management team should help!
7th keady- will need to improve their away form of recent previous yearswhen have been in 2nd division.  victory over culloville last year showed can be a dangerous team.  will hope build on successful year last year.  no county men will help
8th madden- over achieved imo last year.  feeneys continuing involvement with the county will affect them.  will need big year from a number of u21s who got to the county final 2 years ago
9th silverbridge- should have enough to avoid the drop this year, with a few players returning from abroad.  a good championship run should be the aim
10th st.michaels-may struggle with motivation after last year's championship success.  will need to make a better start to this year
11th st.peters- last year's division 3 runners up.  david wilson's form and fitness be crucial.  younger players such as niall mcconville, eoghan mccormack may have to ease the scoring burden
12th ballyhegan- lucky to stay up last year after a good end of season run by newtown and tirnanogs failure to field.  paddy mckeever will again be a key man for them

Relegated already...  ::)
We beat Portydown in Portydown last year... They needn't rely too much on Davey Turley - he's in Oz.

wats that 4 ref

did i hear right or is someone on the wind up i was told maghery beat clans 3-17 0-06 in pat mcmahan smi final on tuesday night im on holidays and just got a text to say  ??? ??? ???

thewanderer

it was magherys juveniles as robinson would say ;D

wats that 4 ref

Quote from: thewanderer on April 08, 2010, 03:47:57 PM
it was magherys juveniles as robinson would say ;D

::) ??? ??? :o that just went over the top of me wanderer ,missed that altogether maybe its the sun  :P

TacadoirArdMhacha

What about a prediction league lads? Shouldn't be too hard to organise as there wouldn't be that many entering it week after week I wouldn't have thought.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

illdecide

Quote from: wats that 4 ref on April 08, 2010, 03:20:28 PM
did i hear right or is someone on the wind up i was told maghery beat clans 3-17 0-06 in pat mcmahan smi final on tuesday night im on holidays and just got a text to say  ??? ??? ???

Not sure of the exact scoreline but it's not too far away :-[. Yeah Maghery tore the clans to bits which was the worst display from a Clan na Gael senior team that i have ever seen. Having said all that both teams were under strength to which the Clans just gave up after having a man sent off after 10 mins, Clans management took players off and gave lads a run out too which i suppose didn't help but all in all Maghery battered them from start to finish...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch