Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzroyalty

i've certainly experienced worse refs than hughes

davo

really looking forward to the start of the new season. With the ogs winning the championship last year it has brought the sparkle back to the competition. Everyone now believes they can win it. The ogs will be out to retain it, cross will be out to prove the doubters wrong and to teach everyone a lesson, harps, dromintee and granemore will be out all guns blazing.

The league is going to be very intriguing. The ogs v cross games (although not overly important in the league) should be mouth watering with both teams looking to stamp their authority.

Maghery and whitecross will be wanting to maintain their status with kileavy and mullabawn wanting to prove that division 1 is where they belong.

Harps will be aiming to win division2 and nothing less than promotion will do.

Very interesting season ahead!

thewanderer

Harps will certainly want to get back into the premier division if they want to have a realistic chance of winning a county championship in the next few years. Although it wont be that easy but certainly easier with mullaghbawn and killeavey retaining div1 status. maghery will push a lot of teams at home but wouldnt read too much into ogs, dromintee league form with county players missing alot. 10 weeks yet to throw in with some new managers under the spotlight. will aiden o rourkes new position affect dromintee cant see him fulfilling two roles efficiently and certainly think it affect his playing.

umgolaarmagh

Dont see AOR's position being a problem, great tactical awareness and leading from the front will give dromintee a good foundation for a successful year

ogshead

Does anyone know if the rumours about Mc Verry from Mullabawn transferring to Cross. I also heard that Tasker from Cullyhanna has been approached. I know at this stage it's all rumour but it doesn't sound as good practice. If it is true I would be very disappointed to hear and I'm sure Mullabawn and St Pats won't stand for it. Just hope a situation doesn't arise like that of the one in Dublin

charlie stubbs

Quote from: ogshead on February 06, 2010, 05:53:48 PM
Does anyone know if the rumours about Mc Verry from Mullabawn transferring to Cross. I also heard that Tasker from Cullyhanna has been approached. I know at this stage it's all rumour but it doesn't sound as good practice. If it is true I would be very disappointed to hear and I'm sure Mullabawn and St Pats won't stand for it. Just hope a situation doesn't arise like that of the one in Dublin

would take these rumours with pinch of salt at this stage.disgrace if does happen though imo

ogshead

Quote from: charlie stubbs on February 06, 2010, 08:49:26 PM

would take these rumours with pinch of salt at this stage.disgrace if does happen though imo

Just noticed it referred to on orchardcounty and it only mentioned Mc Verry. After asking a couple of people about it Taskers' name was mentioned although they did say he wouldn't move. Whether they move or not I still don't like the idea of players being tapped up like soccer players would

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: ogshead on February 06, 2010, 09:38:26 PM

Just noticed it referred to on orchardcounty and it only mentioned Mc Verry. After asking a couple of people about it Taskers' name was mentioned although they did say he wouldn't move. Whether they move or not I still don't like the idea of players being tapped up like soccer players would

Jaysus you;re awful easily led ;D  I dropped that in to see who would bite, not a word of it officially. ;)

pintsofguinness

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 07, 2010, 07:45:05 PM

Jaysus you;re awful easily led ;D  I dropped that in to see who would bite, not a word of it officially. ;)
Really? Because I heard McVerry was "officially" approached along with a couple of others.  (Didnt hear about tasker)

Cross running short on players bc?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 07, 2010, 09:32:31 PM

Really? Because I heard McVerry was "officially" approached along with a couple of others.  (Didnt hear about tasker)

Cross running short on players bc?

Must be, they'll be asking old hands back next :P :P

pintsofguinness

and then we'll know they're in trouble....
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 07, 2010, 09:39:15 PM
and then we'll know they're in trouble....

Shure they're fcuked, thank god I quit when I did.  I see they had a good win in the U 21 Ulster yesterday?

wats that 4 ref

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 04, 2010, 06:29:33 PM
Quote from: thewanderer on February 04, 2010, 05:19:24 PM
he is a self important fool. he always has to be the focus and discussion point at the end of any game. it should be the players and the game. how comes he is always bein highlighted by all press and clubs on a regular basis for his decisions. you dont have pat mc aneaney regularily criticised or indeed lots of other high profile referees. even dare i say ollie hearty is a better referee. trying his best is not in his make-up only self importance.
whatever anyone can say about Hughes he's not a cheat, the same could not be said for Ollie Hearty!
hughes is a good ref who is fit to keep up with play and dosent miss much,a foul is a foul all the time and he has to be applauded for that,very fair ref. wouldnt even mention that clown hearty in the same breath,he couldnt spell fair and the only time he up with play is when he stops the match and runs to get booking some1 r trying to be smart to people on the line. a complete tool

ogshead

I realise that it is all rumour and did think myself that it was a wind up. It was only when I mentioned it to someone I know that there then appeared to be some substance to this wind up. No smoke without fire and all that. Also I think it's a disgrace for clubs to tap up young players like that

only1clansinlurgan

clans off til a winning start in the ulster league yesterday. any other news on the other armagh clubs. :)