Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muhammed McCarthy

umgolaarmagh

Theres plenty of HEROES on the board.....

doing a bit wanderer!!!

winsamsoon

lads i know this is a bit of topic but could anyone name or tell me where i could find the 1968 minor squad that was defeated by Sligo in Croke park? any help would be useful
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Ulick

Quote from: winsamsoon on January 08, 2010, 10:16:26 PM
lads i know this is a bit of topic but could anyone name or tell me where i could find the 1968 minor squad that was defeated by Sligo in Croke park? any help would be useful

Call into the Irish News offices and they should be able to sort you out. The Linen Hall Library should have the back issues of the Irish Press which will have it or maybe even the Irish Times on-line archive (though I'd be sceptical about the latter). Otherwise ring the Anglo Celt (Cavan town) and ask them.

winsamsoon

I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Muhammed McCarthy

Lots of teams training away with renewed hope thanks to Ogs dethroning Cross.
Should make for an interesting championship this year, with Ogs out to retain, Cross to regain, and the likes of Dromintee, Clans, Harps and St. Pats all feeling they can win it.
I'll have a few pound on Dromintee ;)

charlie stubbs

Quote from: Muhammed McCarthy on January 09, 2010, 06:34:35 PM
Should make for an interesting championship this year, with Ogs out to retain, Cross to regain, and the likes of Dromintee, Clans, Harps and St. Pats all feeling they can win it.

after seeing cullyhanna last year against granemore i dont see them as a genuine threat

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: charlie stubbs on January 09, 2010, 07:04:29 PM

after seeing cullyhanna last year against granemore i dont see them as a genuine threat

You're some sage of wisdom being fit to judge a team's entire chances for the year on one match last year. Are Dromintee similarly ruled out of the reckoning?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

wats that 4 ref

early predictions for league honours

div 1 cross ??? ru ogs
div2 harps    ru b`nab
div3 bridge   ru newtown
div4 a`more ru st pats 2nds ;)

AFS

Quote from: wats that 4 ref on January 10, 2010, 11:50:32 AM

div 1 cross ??? ru ogs
div2 harps    ru b`nab
div3 bridge   ru newtown

If St. Pats II get in then the Bridge and Newtown won't be in Div 3.

torres

i dont like to see 2 nd teams entering the league , i,d rather they form a reserve league while clubs can still have their b teams , just a thought   8)

charlie stubbs

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on January 09, 2010, 07:25:12 PM
Quote from: charlie stubbs on January 09, 2010, 07:04:29 PM

You're some sage of wisdom being fit to judge a team's entire chances for the year on one match last year. Are Dromintee similarly ruled out of the reckoning?

saw pats v sarsfields 2 years ago in intermediate was very impressed with them.  felt last year that they had gone back wards.  felt with their good underage structure would be a genuine threat in 3 or 4 years if players continued to progress.  though dont rate them as a genuine contender at this stage.

fitzroyalty

Can't make my mind up on the gentlemen tbh. Obviously if theyre considering a IIs team they've plenty of strength in depth, but that said they didn't set the world on fire any time I saw them last season.
I reckon the SFC will be won by Cross/Ogs/Harps/Dromintee, those four only.

charlie stubbs

div 1 cross ??? ru ogs
div2 harps    ru b`nab
div3 bridge   ru newtown

div 1 cross ogs relegated culloville cruppen
div 2 killeavy harps. the nab should be a threat with mcparland and grugan available all year, granemore will challenge 2 i feel also.  relegated st peters ballyhagan
div 3 bridge newtown. 
div 4 annaghmore cross 2nds

interesting all 4 divisions represented in intermediate cship this year!anyone know when draws take place..

fitzroyalty

Quote from: charlie stubbs on January 10, 2010, 04:37:10 PM

div 1 cross ??? ru ogs
div2 harps    ru b`nab
div3 bridge   ru newtown

div 1 cross ogs relegated culloville cruppen
div 2 killeavy harps. the nab should be a threat with mcparland and grugan available all year, granemore will challenge 2 i feel also.  relegated st peters ballyhagan Wolfe Tones
div 3 bridge newtown. 
div 4 annaghmore cross 2nds

interesting all 4 divisions represented in intermediate cship this year!anyone know when draws take place..
Fixed that for you.