Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Final Whistle

Quote from: orange2009 on October 21, 2009, 09:35:22 AM
Wet conditions failed to spoil a great occasion for the city of Armagh at the Lucozade Sport SFC Final - This is actually a very good wee video
&
Also there are now extended match highlights from the game available

http://armagh-gaa.com/Armagh-TV/News/Og-Power-to-County-Title.aspx

Were you at the game???

The children's game at half time consisted of better score taking and better handling than that offered up by the Ogs or Harps.

Take Paul Duffy and his midfield brother out of that game and nobody played well.

maddog

Quote from: bennydorano on October 20, 2009, 05:19:12 PM
Quote from: Skiddybadoo on October 20, 2009, 05:04:20 PM
Quote from: BenDover on October 20, 2009, 01:41:01 PM
Quote from: winsamsoon on October 20, 2009, 12:12:46 PM
I can honestly say i have never seen Andy mallon get the run around and i don't expect that to change on the 1st.

would have to agree i've played with andy for years and i can't remember anyone gettig much change from him, paul duffy was the same underage
I remember Paddy Bradley turning Andy inside out in Casement a number of years back.  Think it may have been an Ulster semi final.
Correct.  Andy was moved off him after about 20 mins torture.

Thats right. Think that was the day everyone got the heads burnt off them. Think John Toal got the goal that sealed the match. AM was getting roasted by PB and i remember Paul Grimley seemed to be the one that made the swap and put McNulty on PB. Enda quietened him. Have a feeling big Joe was banished to the stands that day for some reason.

That said AM is quality corner back and i hope he is around for Armagh for a long time to come.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: maddog on October 21, 2009, 12:32:21 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on October 20, 2009, 05:19:12 PM
Quote from: Skiddybadoo on October 20, 2009, 05:04:20 PM
I can honestly say i have never seen Andy mallon get the run around and i don't expect that to change on the 1st.

would have to agree i've played with andy for years and i can't remember anyone gettig much change from him, paul duffy was the same underage
I remember Paddy Bradley turning Andy inside out in Casement a number of years back.  Think it may have been an Ulster semi final.
Correct.  Andy was moved off him after about 20 mins torture.

Thats right. Think that was the day everyone got the heads burnt off them. Think John Toal got the goal that sealed the match. AM was getting roasted by PB and i remember Paul Grimley seemed to be the one that made the swap and put McNulty on PB. Enda quietened him. Have a feeling big Joe was banished to the stands that day for some reason.

That said AM is quality corner back and i hope he is around for Armagh for a long time to come.

That was the 2005 Ulster semi final I believe.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Final Whistle on October 21, 2009, 12:21:18 PM
Quote from: orange2009 on October 21, 2009, 09:35:22 AM
Wet conditions failed to spoil a great occasion for the city of Armagh at the Lucozade Sport SFC Final - This is actually a very good wee video
&
Also there are now extended match highlights from the game available

http://armagh-gaa.com/Armagh-TV/News/Og-Power-to-County-Title.aspx

Were you at the game???

The children's game at half time consisted of better score taking and better handling than that offered up by the Ogs or Harps.

Take Paul Duffy and his midfield brother out of that game and nobody played well.

I never knew that Anto was a brother of Paul's.  Anto sure looks impressive for a young lad. 
I was also hugely impressed by the Harps number 18 (Marty McCoy I think) - he looks to have a great future ahead of him.

ogshead

Quote from: Passing_Interest on October 21, 2009, 12:14:08 PM
Wanderer and Ogshead and indeed anyone else interested in the history of football in the City.......
I recommend you read Phil McGinn's history of the Harps.
It deals in fair detail with a lot of the points you have raised on here.
Yes, its a history of the Harps but when you read it you realise that its a history of football in the city. A history from which evolved the Harps and the Ogs as we are today.
It showed to me that we have much more in common than we thought.
A good friend of mine, an Ogs comittee member agrees whole heartedly.

Can you still get copies of it and if you can, where? I would be interested in reading that as my history of Gaelic in the city would not be that great. I was in case anyone didn't notice, on the windup when I made that comment earlier.  ;D

Passing_Interest

Ogshead.......
Not sure if you want a copy or if you're messing now. :-\
If you or anyone else wants a good read i suggest you pm Rufus.......rumour has it that he has a spare copy or 2.
Nothing but the same old story.........

ITS KAAAT

ogshead

Quote from: Passing_Interest on October 21, 2009, 10:19:17 PM
Ogshead.......
Not sure if you want a copy or if you're messing now. :-\
If you or anyone else wants a good read i suggest you pm Rufus.......rumour has it that he has a spare copy or 2.

No I'm serious, I am a GAA man as well as an Ogs man, I'll have a look, just seen It's Kaaaat's comment, so I know where to go, cheers

thewanderer

Kaaat i warned you about your grammer. wise and start studying at school better. ;)

orange2009

All Ireland winning minor captain Declan McKenna led Armagh Harps to victory in the Armagh MFC decider against Killeavey. See the closing stages and celebrations

http://armagh-gaa.com/Armagh-TV/News/Harps-make-it-2-Minor-titles-in-a-row.aspx

Carbery

I see Orange 2009 is promoting all things relating to the Armagh County Board.
Is he based at Dalton Road, Armagh?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Carbery on October 22, 2009, 10:29:30 AM
I see Orange 2009 is promoting all things relating to the Armagh County Board.
Is he based at Dalton Road, Armagh?

I don't think he particularly hides that to be fair. By the way in my quest to be even handed and balanced when it comes to our county board, I think I should point out that the programme on Sunday was excellent.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

ITS KAAAT

NEXT YEARS GAA FIXTURES.
Derry v Armagh winners play monghan.
Tyrone v Antrim
Donegal v down
Cavan.fermanagh

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: lurganblue on October 21, 2009, 09:05:49 AM
Quote from: BenDover on October 21, 2009, 08:23:37 AM
Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on October 20, 2009, 02:51:34 PM

Andy is probably in the top 6 defenders in the country, believe me when I say this you just cant escape him, he was up my hole from I was 11 till 18, Bendover can verify that, although I mind a young slim lad gettin 2-7 off the two above lads in an U-14 c'ship, (just remembered we lost that one too) Quigley I think ya called him.
:D :D was that the day you shite yourself and missed a penalty? 2-7 is some tally Spirit can't say i remember ever conceding that much on anybody never mind a slim verison of youreslf.

Benny it's out of optimism more than anything that i asked that question as JP would be a big help to the Ogs next weekend

a slim version?? dont remember that... maybe i'm too young ;)

Well young Rooney I must have went past you that quick you cant remember ;) ::), Nah missed the pen the feile final earlier in the year. Im talking no-more about, the scars are still there on the heart.

Lurganblue, Pot Kettle Black :P

illdecide

What r u saying...Lurgan Blue is like a we HOTDOG :D...he's got some DOME on him thats for sure ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch