Previous topic - Next topic

rolloutking

Bet placed?   :D Wtf?  ???

I doubt they will let us away with that

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: emainmacha on September 18, 2009, 11:32:38 PM
Some Pics from Harps V Clans

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16144312@N07/sets/72157622281906591/detail/

Didn't catch the sending off as was following the ball at the time, was told by a neutral that there was a punch thrown straight in front of linesman.

Thought there was no need for the abuse the linesman got from fans, from the sending off till the end of game, with some coming down to the fence to shout abuse with only minutes to go and this from people with enough years on them to know better.

Great photos eamainmacha - thanks for those.

As for the sending off, when are people going to stand up and take responsibility for their own actions?

Very pleased of course to win the match, but I'd have to say that I felt a few nerves for the first ten minutes of the second half. From our point of view, it wokred out well, i.e. we won the match but with a lot of work still to be done. I would hope that the extra match will stand to our lads next week, and hopefully we can get Philly McKinney, Joe Quigley and Martin McKenna back in contention for starting places which will give us a few more options!!   

fcuksake

Great photos.....

Excellent win tonight. Great first half display, and credit to Clans for not throwing n the towel. i feel if their 6th unanswered point had of stood it may have been a different story, but some good work by Kevin Kelly stopped clans momentum.

As RTF says, we still have a few options on the line. Hope Peadar Toals injury isnt too serious. Next week will be alot tougher as Granemore have beat us well in the 2 league outings  so they will be favourites.

Well Done to the lads and the management team as the Dynes & Grimley have been thrown in at the deep end.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

emainmacha

As an Ogs supporter I was neutral regarding outcome of game, thought Clans weren't in the hunt in the middle of the field most of the game and Harps just overwhelmed them in first half.

Was surprised that the Harps didn't come out firing on all cylinders in second half, thought after first game they'd want to make sure that not caught again.

Best team won, and hope Peadar isn't too badly injured, hate for an injury to badly affect any teams chances of progressing

Ulster Exile

Quote from: swagger on September 18, 2009, 11:58:31 PM
here lads boyle sports are still offering betting for harps v clans, and there still taking the bets, lump on!!!!

Smart move posting that on the board swagger, real smart.

el_cuervo_fc

any chance you could take that off swagger?

nutsy--1

Great photo's, you even got the half time show. :D :D

Torres i don't know how you think Harps will be favourites as granemore have beaten them twice already this year and have beaten two division 1 teams.  i think Granemore will be slight favourites and it should be a very interesting match.

bennydorano

Well done to Harps, deserving victors.  Thought we had a lot more shape than last week as we didn't try to be too clever and played to our strengths.  Clans outperformed us in MF but it didn't prove fatal.  Thought Collie Holmes going to FB during the second half made us look a lot more solid.

Poor start to both halves, was starting to get worried in the second half, but a score settled us down.  AS stated already we've 3 players to come back in and plenty of others chomping at the bit on the sideline, good situation to be in. 

Granemore gave us a couple of hidings in the league, but we'll have half a dozen or more available to us now that didn't play against them in the league.

lurganblue

Speaking of the half time show. What's the craic with the hundred kids coming on the field and not being told to leave the field even with the harps team back on the field for the second half. Ridiculous... Wouldn't even be allowed at a club league game

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Carbery

Quote from: emainmacha on September 18, 2009, 11:32:38 PM
Some Pics from Harps V Clans

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16144312@N07/sets/72157622281906591/detail/

Didn't catch the sending off as was following the ball at the time, was told by a neutral that there was a punch thrown straight in front of linesman.

Thought there was no need for the abuse the linesman got from fans, from the sending off till the end of game, with some coming down to the fence to shout abuse with only minutes to go and this from people with enough years on them to know better.

Terrific photographs - well done.
Anyone know who the fat man going bald and standing with his back to the linesman is and why was he inside the enclosure?  Seem rather unusual.

Candyman

Dessie McDonnell, part of the Co. Board set up n had a walkie talkie! Was the link between commentators n referee etc...

torres

Quote from: nutsy--1 on September 19, 2009, 09:11:58 AM
Great photo's, you even got the half time show. :D :D

Torres i don't know how you think Harps will be favourites as granemore have beaten them twice already this year and have beaten two division 1 teams.  i think Granemore will be slight favourites and it should be a very interesting match.
basically nutsy--1 its because in the 2 league meetings the harps were understrength and have since added the likes of p toal , k kelly , d coulter , m mc conville and a few others , so for these reasons i,d say the harps are big favourites to go to the final plus you,s have quigley , morrison to call on so to me thats a very strong line-up nearly on par with what the harps had  out when running c-maglen so close last year and they will put it up  to the ogs / c eirann in the final .

Carbery

Quote from: Candyman on September 19, 2009, 12:05:36 PM
Dessie McDonnell, part of the Co. Board set up n had a walkie talkie! Was the link between commentators n referee etc...

Are you serious Candyman?  Why would you need a link between the commentators and the referee?

Candyman

How many mins of extra time to be played etc! Basically there as a steward...