Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: crossfire on September 02, 2009, 09:32:41 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 01, 2009, 04:28:12 PM
Quote from: crossfire on September 01, 2009, 04:21:56 PM
PINTS
How often have you seen Quigley refereeing within the last 3 years.
Whats that got to do with anything?
Quite a lot, If you have only seen him once or twice i dont see how you are in a position to comment on his ability as a referee.

Just answer the question.
I didnt comment on his ability as a referee. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ogshead

Quote from: nutsy--1 on September 02, 2009, 07:04:18 PM
I believe it was just a few weeks ago that i backed Keady for the intermediate championship and was widely criticised so i belive cetain people may feel foolish now.

Keady won by playing football some of the cullaville players had no intention of playing football and were out to get physical and get physical they did but to no avail.

Con Nugent was absolutley outstanding in mid-field. Barry Hughes also came on and showed his class although he is old and dangerously slow he had the intelligence to outwit defenders with his trademark dummy solo.

honourable mention to Colum watters who was very good for cullaville but Con nugent was my man of the match.

Potiential county players i feel

Did that fella score 1-10? :P

Diet Coke

Any odds for the Cross V Ogs game?
Everybody knows there no sucha thing as Sanity Clause.

thewanderer

cross 1/5 ogs 9/2   st.pats 4/5 granemore 7/4  harps 1/1 clans 2/1

brokencrossbar1

No one seems to be talking about the games this weekend?

I reckon that the Harps will have enough to beat the Clans talent wise but they have to get their heads right.  I don't think Clans have anyone to compete with Harps around the middle and this is where the game will be won.

Ogs must be going in as slight favourites for the other game.  Even though Cross beat them twice in the league by all accounts the Ogs were the better team on both days and should have won only for some dodgy refereeing decisions.  They will have no lack of motivation and no lack of talent.  We are bound to be tired and maybe eyes elsewhere for the management with the whole Grimley thing blowing the county management open again.  Ogs by 3.

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 03, 2009, 02:34:27 PM

I reckon that the Harps will have enough to beat the Clans talent wise but they have to get their heads right.  I don't think Clans have anyone to compete with Harps around the middle and this is where the game will be won.Ogs must be going in as slight favourites for the other game.  Even though Cross beat them twice in the league by all accounts the Ogs were the better team on both days and should have won only for some dodgy refereeing decisions.  They will have no lack of motivation and no lack of talent.  We are bound to be tired and maybe eyes elsewhere for the management with the whole Grimley thing blowing the county management open again.  Ogs by 3.

Illustrates the level of your ignorance my friend!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on September 03, 2009, 02:37:40 PM

I reckon that the Harps will have enough to beat the Clans talent wise but they have to get their heads right.  I don't think Clans have anyone to compete with Harps around the middle and this is where the game will be won.Ogs must be going in as slight favourites for the other game.  Even though Cross beat them twice in the league by all accounts the Ogs were the better team on both days and should have won only for some dodgy refereeing decisions.  They will have no lack of motivation and no lack of talent.  We are bound to be tired and maybe eyes elsewhere for the management with the whole Grimley thing blowing the county management open again.  Ogs by 3.

Illustrates the level of your ignorance my friend!

Educate me then please.

illdecide

I reckon that the Harps will have enough to beat the Clans talent wise but they have to get their heads right.  I don't think Clans have anyone to compete with Harps around the middle and this is where the game will be won.

Ogs must be going in as slight favourites for the other game.  Even though Cross beat them twice in the league by all accounts the Ogs were the better team on both days and should have won only for some dodgy refereeing decisions.  They will have no lack of motivation and no lack of talent.  We are bound to be tired and maybe eyes elsewhere for the management with the whole Grimley thing blowing the county management open again.  Ogs by 3.

This is your yearly rant about how the Cross will be beat...blah blah blah and then you'll have a good laugh after Sat night when the Cross beats the Ogs by 3-4pts as per usual. We both know that Cross will win so no more BULLSHIT SAAAAN

As for the Clans...around the middle they would be as strong as the Harps, 2 big men there one @ 6"3 and the other at 6"1 with one being an ex county player so i'd imagine they'd hold their own around the middle. I reckon whoever wants it the most between Clans & Harps will win (as well as carrying a we bit of luck on the day)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

umgolaarmagh

Im in agreement with BC1, Ogs by 3 points

el_cuervo_fc

The Ogs are 9/2 in Bar one, not exactly what I'd call favourites

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: illdecide on September 03, 2009, 04:26:02 PM

This is your yearly rant about how the Cross will be beat...blah blah blah and then you'll have a good laugh after Sat night when the Cross beats the Ogs by 3-4pts as per usual. We both know that Cross will win so no more BULLSHIT SAAAAN

As for the Clans...around the middle they would be as strong as the Harps, 2 big men there one @ 6"3 and the other at 6"1 with one being an ex county player so i'd imagine they'd hold their own around the middle. I reckon whoever wants it the most between Clans & Harps will win (as well as carrying a we bit of luck on the day)

Fair enough, I still think that Harps will be strong in this area and will want to make up for what they saw as a lost opportunity last year against us.  The one positive thing for Clans is that if they get on top of the Harps they can sometimes implode and Clans love rubbing it into teams in those circumstances.

As regards our game, I am not sure how we'll do.  I know there are injuries and one definite big name is out.  Ogs have nothing to lose and although they may not be bookies favourites this is their year

Diet Coke

There's as much chance of a Harps/Ogs double as there is of Paul Grimley managing Armagh next year :D

Come on the "blues" ;)
Everybody knows there no sucha thing as Sanity Clause.

fitzroyalty

I'd say all the teams in the qfs are quietly confident of victory, won't be too much between the sides tomorrow, Ogs certainly capable if they take their chances. Typical Cross will probably grind out the victory though  ;)

yellowcard

Ogs must be going in as slight favourites for the other game.   Even though Cross beat them twice in the league by all accounts the Ogs were the better team on both days and should have won only for some dodgy refereeing decisions.  They will have no lack of motivation and no lack of talent.  We are bound to be tired and maybe eyes elsewhere for the management with the whole Grimley thing blowing the county management open again.  Ogs by 3.

Would you care to give me odds greater than 'Evens' on Cross then and I'll have a large investment. Let me know if your interested but I'll not be holding my breath. Or maybe your just full of hot air.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: yellowcard on September 03, 2009, 07:01:48 PM

Ogs must be going in as slight favourites for the other game.   Even though Cross beat them twice in the league by all accounts the Ogs were the better team on both days and should have won only for some dodgy refereeing decisions.  They will have no lack of motivation and no lack of talent.  We are bound to be tired and maybe eyes elsewhere for the management with the whole Grimley thing blowing the county management open again.  Ogs by 3.

Would you care to give me odds greater than 'Evens' on Cross then and I'll have a large investment. Let me know if your interested but I'll not be holding my breath. Or maybe your just full of hot air.

Maybe not bookies favourites but the bookies sometimes get them wrong.  There must be a small bit of pressure on them though as it is expected that they will win it this year.  This really is the best chance they have ever had, Dromintee gone, Clans rebuilding, Granemore and St Pat's not at the level yet, Harps still have question marks on them, Cross on the wain, if Ogs don't so it this year will they ever?