Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fcuksake

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

Jimmy Joe

Final Score Ogs 1-14 Cruppen 0-10

Cruppen started well and went 3 points in front but the Ogs came back and never looked back from there.  1-08 to 0-4 at half time

Good result.  Looking forward to Cross on the next round already

border rabbit

Frannie Hanratty played well in midfield and played a delightful pass to set up Clarke for his goal.

[/quote]

Is this the same boy that was playing earlier in the Junior championship? Does this now mean he cant play any further part in the junior championship? Theres a few defenders in the junior that will sleep a bit better now!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: border rabbit on August 16, 2009, 11:03:09 PM

Frannie Hanratty played well in midfield and played a delightful pass to set up Clarke for his goal.

Is this the same boy that was playing earlier in the Junior championship? Does this now mean he cant play any further part in the junior championship? Theres a few defenders in the junior that will sleep a bit better now!
[/quote]

Yeah he'd be ineligible for the Junior championship now until 2011.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

lurganblue

Went to the clans v mullaghbawn match yesterday evening. Really enjoyed the match but thought at times it lacked championship intensity but anyway...

It sort of panned out as I expected. Clans had most of the ball but struggled to put a lot of scores on the board as mullaghbawn played about 12 in defence. In truth it looked like the clans were going to win comfortably, opening up a five point lead in the second half. Marty lavery won every ball that came his way and drew the clans about six simple frees. How his marker wasn't booked in the first 30 mins I don't know.

Credit to mullaghbawn though and they drew level with about 10mins left and missed a simple free to go in front. The clans then converted twice and held on to win.

Some handbags towards the end but nothing major.

Will look forward to the harps now but I'd hope we will improve for that one.

Candyman

Any dates/venues for the next round? Need them ASAP...

T Fearon

It is a pity that Tir Na Nog's best players (Mc Allister, Carville, Scullion etc) are lost to soccer. The two games against Clan Na Gael a couple of years ago shows the potential in the club, but its sad to see the 2004 U21 win hasn't produced more

Joxer

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on August 15, 2009, 12:44:23 AM
The censorship policy on orchardcounty is a complete joke  >:(

I made a light-hearted comment about how the ref allegedly playing for a draw tongiht might have been revenge for Killeavy not naming their subs for the programme (County board criticised them in the programme for this). A Killeavy man then informed me that part of the reason for this may have been that their manager was involved in a tragic incident this week where 2 of his workmates were killed. I offered my condolences and suggested that, in the circumsatnces, the county board shouldn't have bothered with the snide comments in the programme.

Orchardcounty administrators then deleted the entire conversation, including my condolences on the deaths. Its a sad state of affairs when the fear of the county board has gotten so bad that things like this can't even be discussed.

No more word on this from the County Board?  I wonder will Killeavy bring it up at the next county board meeting?  A low blow

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Joxer on August 17, 2009, 12:27:13 PM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on August 15, 2009, 12:44:23 AM
The censorship policy on orchardcounty is a complete joke  >:(

I made a light-hearted comment about how the ref allegedly playing for a draw tongiht might have been revenge for Killeavy not naming their subs for the programme (County board criticised them in the programme for this). A Killeavy man then informed me that part of the reason for this may have been that their manager was involved in a tragic incident this week where 2 of his workmates were killed. I offered my condolences and suggested that, in the circumsatnces, the county board shouldn't have bothered with the snide comments in the programme.

Orchardcounty administrators then deleted the entire conversation, including my condolences on the deaths. Its a sad state of affairs when the fear of the county board has gotten so bad that things like this can't even be discussed.

No more word on this from the County Board?  I wonder will Killeavy bring it up at the next county board meeting?  A low blow

To be fair I wouldn't say the county board did it out of malice but it just shows a lack of communication. All it would have taken would be 2 phone calls;

Monday morning

Armagh CB Full-time paid administator: "Lads any chance of sending us the team list and subs for the match on Friday?"
Killeavy Rep: "No bother - will get onto that. Must give the manager a ring."

Thursday morning

Armagh CB Full-time paid administator: "No sign of that list of subs yet?"
Killeavy Rep: "Jaysus sorry, been an awful tragedy with the manager, subs are the last thing on his mind. Apologies but not much I can do."
Armagh CB Full-time paid administator: "No bother. That's understandable."

Perfectly simple to deal with. Although another way of looking at it is that you'd think anybody within the club at all would have been able to take a fair stab at the list of subs without the manager's input. Like I could have named who the most of Cullyhanna's subs were going to be on Friday night.

Its not a big issue at the end of the day but it was just the deleting of perfectly innocous posts which annoyed me.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

charlie stubbs

Quote from: lurganblue on August 17, 2009, 08:34:00 AM
Went to the clans v mullaghbawn match yesterday evening. Really enjoyed the match but thought at times it lacked championship intensity but anyway...

It sort of panned out as I expected. Clans had most of the ball but struggled to put a lot of scores on the board as mullaghbawn played about 12 in defence. In truth it looked like the clans were going to win comfortably, opening up a five point lead in the second half. Marty lavery won every ball that came his way and drew the clans about six simple frees. How his marker wasn't booked in the first 30 mins I don't know.

Credit to mullaghbawn though and they drew level with about 10mins left and missed a simple free to go in front. The clans then converted twice and held on to win.

Some handbags towards the end but nothing major.

Will look forward to the harps now but I'd hope we will improve for that one.

fitzroyalty was delighted by the win last night!

fitzroyalty

winsamsoon

I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

pearseog

dates and venues to be decided tonight for quarter finals apparently. ogs - cross harps - clanns double header in the atletic grounds. granemore - clann eireann pearse og park and killeavy/st.pats - whitecross in cruppen or silverbridge?

winsamsoon

Quote from: ardmhachaabu08 on August 13, 2009, 08:31:42 PM
Mullaghbawn are the bet of the weekend imo. Heard from a few Clans fellas they re gonna back them and then throw the match.

I love these posts. Remember me never to take advice from you saan

On another topic, Does anyone know the reason why substitutes ar not allowed on the field of play now at half time. This sounds like another great rule implemented by the county board or perhaps a way of getting more money of clubs.

Oh and if our quarter final is at the Athletics grounds maybe the score board operator will work out the correct spelling of Clan Na Gael and no have it up as Clan Na Gale ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

A

winsamsoon

On the actual game itself. Overall it was a dead enough game but the better team won on the day. I was unhappy with the umpires and linesmen. These guys are meant to be neutral aswell as the eyes and ear of the ref if he misses incidents. Now our corner forward was repeatedly thumped and punched all throughout the game and not one of them brought this to the attention of the ref. So what is the point in having these clowns if they are only going to raise an arm to signal a point.

Playing the harps now in th next round should be a tough enough prospect we usually struggle against the harps but at least we are there to give it a go. I hear the harps will have a few lads returning from America ??? ??? ???