Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

St Pat's 0-19 Cruppen 0-1

Facile victory against what appeared a disinterested Cruppen side. Comfortably our best performance of the year and a game that a lot of people in the club felt we were due. Like many matches this year, we performed very well at midfield but for a pleasant change our forward play was excellent and score taking superb. Badly needed victory as we have Clans, Cross and Ógs to play yet. The 2 points should keep us safe, at the very worst I'd say we could end up in a play off. Best for Cullyhanna were Tony Donnelly, Shane McKeever, Liam O'Hare and Eugene Casey.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

el_cuervo_fc

Pearse Ogs 1-13 Clan Na Gael 0-12

bennydorano

Whitecross beat Harps by a goal in Whitecross, 1-10 to 0-10 or the like.  It's a long time since I left a match as angry as i was today with the referee, you guessed it - Paudie.  Nothing to do with the result, Whitecross were worthy winners but Paudie is unbelievable some times, you just get the feeling sometimes that he is down right cheating.  It's hard to believe that that is the case, so he just must be a really shit ref.  The Whitecross contingent were laughing at him.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on July 26, 2009, 03:53:25 PM
Pearse Ogs 1-13 Clan Na Gael 0-12
Bad game of football. Ref poor for both sides. Clans leading by 2 only to concede a disgusting goal just after the break - on the attack, too many bodies forward, stupidly lose possesion. Ogs make good move up the pitch and finish to the net. Clans couldn't recover after that, result never really in doubt.

fitzroyalty

slievegullion

Sarsfields 0-12 Dromintee 0-05.

Dromintee had a man sent off early in the second half, think the score was 6-5 at that stage. Nonetheless, absolutely terrible game of football with a particularly bad performance from Dromntee. Big games for us coming up against Mullaghbane and Killeavy.

anportmorforjfc

TacadoirArdMhacha

I make this the table after today's results;

Crossmaglen      15   15   0     0   30 (Champions)
Pearse Og         15     8   2     5   18
Carrickcruppen   15     7   2     6   16
St Patrick's        15     7   1     7   15
Dromintee         15     7   0     8   14
Clan na Gael      15     6   1     8    13
Sarsfields          15     6   1     8    13
Killeavy             14     5   1     8    11
Mullaghbawn     15     5   1     9    11
Culloville            14     3   1   10    7

I'm beyond predicting anything at this stage. Worst we could end up would in a play off I'd have thought.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

slievegullion

Any word from Cullaville Killeavy, were they playing today?

fitzroyalty

Quote from: slievegullion on July 26, 2009, 06:17:44 PM
Any word from Cullaville Killeavy, were they playing today?
Cullaville were playing annaghmore

anportmorforjfc

An Portmor 0-7
St Michaels 0-7

fitzroyalty

Tones just about scraped past Collegeland. Poor start but tones eventually got the act together, charlie stubbs should be on after he comes in from the burn to fill yous all in on the important details  ;)

thewanderer

Went to armagh and took in 2 games. ogs v clans the ref was very poor against both teams blow/blow/blow. ogs scored a cracking goal and should have won by a lot more having kicked at least 8 scoreable wides in the first half. clans were lucky they had an excellent fee taker in no11 o hagan who scored at least 7/8 frees. was interested in seeing soupy campbell but he had a nightmare and was well marked. however clans will survive as they are a better team than mbawn and killeavey. ps ill/fitz were yous fed. went then to probably the worst game i seen this year bwt v st michaels, you can see how both teams are struggling. no real game plan and a number of players on both teams not fit to play championship football. don't rush to the replay!!!!

davo

went to the ogs clans game myself. Ogs deserving winners and should have won by alot more. However from what i have seen the clans will stay up as they are definitely not in the bottom 2 teams in division 1. The ref was absolutely terrible for both teams blowing for everything not letting the game flow. The game was played in a sporting fashion with a few mistimed tackles due to the down pour. One disappointing aspect of the match i have to say was some of the clan na gael supporters. i was at the match with some youngsters and the language and abuse that was being hurled from them was terrible. They abused everyone from the referee to the ogs players but mostly to the clans players themselves. i had to move away from them to be honest. Not the sort of supporters needed at matches especially as the clans team themselves just get on with the football. i suppose all clubs have this though.