Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Quote from: full back on October 13, 2008, 12:45:01 PM
Quote from: Candyman on October 13, 2008, 12:41:10 PM
Thats fairly cut from the 1/14 they were at the semi stage!!  :o

That would tell you the difference between the Harps & the Ogs ;)
Funny the bookies had Cruppen and Mullaghbawn both down as favourites against the Harps as well, you know what that would tell me?  That the bookies know f**k all about club football, bit like yourself horse.

full back

Sorry for upsetting you Benny.................
Ok the Harps are better than the Ogs ;)

billy the kid

Hi lads was wondering if any of yous had any details on that Charity match Dromintee are running and is it this weekend?

If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

full back

Quote from: billy the kid on October 14, 2008, 12:42:14 PM
Hi lads was wondering if any of yous had any details on that Charity match Dromintee are running and is it this weekend?

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=9523.0

Whacker

Good man full back- beat me to it.

A great evening/ nights craic is to be expected and hopefully a big crowd for a very very worthwhile cause!

CORN will be on later I would imagine to get us uptodate on proceedings!

Match throws in at 6.30

corn02

Yes Billy. 6.30pm. I had heard the Intermediate was being brought forward an hour to accomodate but apparently not. I know it would be weird for a charity match to interfere with a final, but an hour wouldn't be too much of a difference and it is a mighty cause.

Have not got an update in a few days. Just that there will be signed Pele and Maradonna jersies.

I think there will be a free kick competition at half time - Ross Carr and Mickey Linden v Cathal O'Rourke and a.n. other.

Dessie Dolan confirmed and a few Tyrone ones. Thomas Freeman also.

winsamsoon

correct corn once again the county board have shown they have no common sense. They would have known that Dromintee were going to be running this event and could have put the final forward an hour. I am sure neither of the teams would have rejected that proposal because as you say it is for a good cause. It sounds like it will be a good nights craic anyway hope all goes well.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

billy the kid

Thanx lads much appreciated. Def think I will take that in as I will be down your neck of the woods coaching all weekend.  The lineup sounds good and Im sure there will be a decent crowd.  Will it be under lights and do Dromintee have a covered stand, Never been to their pitch before.

Maybe Im being totally stupid but what is the cause/charity being supported?
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

charlie stubbs

Quote from: bennydorano on October 14, 2008, 12:18:58 PM

Funny the bookies had Cruppen and Mullaghbawn both down as favourites against the Harps as well, you know what that would tell me?  That the bookies know f**k all about club football, bit like yourself horse.

would agree with that. i remember last year in lurgan they had the tones at 4/1 to beat ballyhegan and they where the division above them.  fair few punters got on eventually got backed in to 5/2 we won by 2 points

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: charlie stubbs on October 14, 2008, 04:43:12 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on October 14, 2008, 12:18:58 PM

would agree with that. i remember last year in lurgan they had the tones at 4/1 to beat ballyhegan and they where the division above them.  fair few punters got on eventually got backed in to 5/2 we won by 2 points

I knew enough, I f**king pointed it out to a few ppl iiiii

Plus I was the wan who got the odds cut once I had my taster... The early bird an all that

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: corn02 on October 14, 2008, 01:27:53 PM
Yes Billy. 6.30pm. I had heard the Intermediate was being brought forward an hour to accomodate but apparently not. I know it would be weird for a charity match to interfere with a final, but an hour wouldn't be too much of a difference and it is a mighty cause.

Have not got an update in a few days. Just that there will be signed Pele and Maradonna jersies.

I think there will be a free kick competition at half time - Ross Carr and Mickey Linden v Cathal O'Rourke and a.n. other.

Dessie Dolan confirmed and a few Tyrone ones. Thomas Freeman also.

Maybe if yis organised somebody to collect for the cause at the Intermediate final? Fully intended going to Dromintee but mightn't now with the 2 games on the one day.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

pintsofguinness

Why is there extra time fixed for the Intermediate Final, but not for the Senior Final Huh
If it goes to a replay Aaron Kernan will have to chose between it & the International Rules
Ridiculous.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

corn02

Quote from: billy the kid on October 14, 2008, 04:34:43 PM
Thanx lads much appreciated. Def think I will take that in as I will be down your neck of the woods coaching all weekend.  The lineup sounds good and Im sure there will be a decent crowd.  Will it be under lights and do Dromintee have a covered stand, Never been to their pitch before.

Maybe Im being totally stupid but what is the cause/charity being supported?

All the proceeds are going to The Irish Air Ambulance service, which will cover 19 counties in Ireland. There is currently none in the country but it is due to begin next June. Will have a full-time truama surgeon on board - e.g can work on pateints wit great exertise on way to hospital. There are someting like 12 in England and the statistics are amazing. (Apologies for my spelling but I have a wireless keyboad and the batteries are dying so it is missing ou letters)

Yes under lights - we have decent lights alright now. No covered stand, we actually have a small enough viewing area and I was concerned bt we held an Intermediae semi or final last year and t was packed and there were no complaints.

Kevin Cassidy and Owen Mullgan added to the list.

TAC- good idea, i'll mention that. And I firmly expect you to chose this over the Cullyhanna match.  ;)

Yes I Would

Fully intened to take in the Intermediate final in Armagh then back up the road in the evening to Drumintee.
Whats the clubhouse like in Drumintee these days. Would it be worth hanging around for a feed of pints Corn??

Fancy Culloville for the Int. Last years heartache to provide the motivation to carry them across the line.

corn02

We have a big marquee out YIW. Our main hall is a general GAA hall but a few years ago we opened up a new wee bar called "An Spelig". It is one of the best GAA bars I have ever been in. Stick around surely, I think Brolly and Tierney will be doing the auction /craic and there will be plenty of pints flowing.