Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winsamsoon

Told ya lads.

Good lad sean you new person you.

hardstation the old spreads is brutal for me at the moment lad, plus i missed one week which didn't help.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

winsamsoon

So the way to get round the ref issue is to include the word abilties before each statement  ;) ;) just messin.

winsamsoon

pintsofguinness

Quote from: winsamsoon on August 06, 2008, 09:11:23 PM
Told ya lads.

Good lad sean you new person you.

Mod3, can we have some rule against slabbering?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Gaaboardmod3

Also meant to add, if you feel a post is out of order, please report it. Don't be on here giving out, there's hundreds of threads, and thousands of posts on this site, we can't see them all.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: gaapunter on August 06, 2008, 04:34:28 PM
And isnt it great to see Division 1 shall be all the better within them bye bye :-* :-*

Just wading through the bomb site that is your 'use of english'.   

Appears to be some sort of attempt at a snide remark, but we'll probably never know for sure!   :-*

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on August 06, 2008, 10:16:56 PM
Quote from: gaapunter on August 06, 2008, 04:34:28 PM
And isnt it great to see Division 1 shall be all the better within them bye bye :-* :-*

Just wading through the bomb site that is your 'use of english'.   

Appears to be some sort of attempt at a snide remark, but we'll probably never know for sure!   :-*

:D

full back

Not often the mods come in here :o

Some of the stuff said is OTT & personal, but you have to be able to analyse a referee's performance & if it is sh1te you should be allowed to say so. This is half the problem IMHO - referee's doing what they want whenever they want & they dont seem to be answerable to anyone.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Whacker on August 06, 2008, 04:06:12 PM
Sssssshhh Folks... Dont be talking about Referees,

You might annoy Rufus!

I haven't seen anything here that would compare to your own personal outbursts Whacker, but hey, if you're that desperate to, feel free to let rip.

Personal abuse of referees would fit right into what passes for Armagh GAA discussion here!

winsamsoon

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 06, 2008, 09:44:46 PM
Quote from: winsamsoon on August 06, 2008, 09:11:23 PM

Mod3, can we have some rule against slabbering?

I see your debating skills are coming on pints you have even managed sarcasm. Serioulsy though i never thought i would see a post from you with the word "slabbering" or any reference to slabbering in it. A little bit of pot calling kettle black.

The way i see these things lads i am an adult and am well aware of what i am saying. I can also take on the chin what others are saying  an give as good as i get. I think the majority of lads here are the same. However some whingers slabber all the time and then when they are getting a bit of flack they head to the moderator. I know the moderator has a tough job here to do and i respect the rules they set but christ i have no time for the crawlers that report folk every second day because they have been called a name. It is banter and nothing personal.

winsamsoon

Runai
The CCC have decided that in an effort to allow our players on the County Senior panel to give of their best to the county's quest for a second All Ireland title to withhold their clubs participation in our internal Intermediate and Senior championships until second week end after Armagh exit All Ireland competition. This will allow them to concentrate on county involvement without distraction re club and also give them two weeks to prepare with their clubs after county complete All Ireland involvement.

This involves three different potential starting dates.
Position A—County exits AI on w/e 9/10 August start Inter and Senior on 23/24 and 30/31 August with second Round on 13th/14th September, semi finals w/e 27/28 September Inter Final 12th Oct, Senior Final 19th Oct.

Position B—County exits AI on 31st August—Round 1 w/e 13/14 September Round 2 w/e 27/28 September, Semi Finals 4/5 October Finals Sat/Sun 18/19 October

Position C—most preferred position from county team aspect but worst from running off games—County team goes all the way—Round 1 w/e 4/5 Oct, Round 2 w/e 11/12 Oct, Semi finals w/e 18/19 Oct Finals w/e 25/26 Oct—this would lead to extra time being played at end of first game if needed as we would not have space for replays.

In all three positions where a game does not involve county panellists these games could be played on dates already in place.
Intermediate games already played
Senior games Clann Eireann v St.Michaels and Ballymacnab v Mullabawn both fixed for Saturday 16th August could stand. This would ease congestion of fixtures at a later date.

Position C has already been used when we won Sam in 2002 and was used again in 2003 Deferment has also been used in recent past

Where these problems not forseen at the start surely it would have been better to get at least the first round games over before these dates

corn02

Ah were use to it by now Win. Persoannly I have no real problem with the delay. Not as if the weather will be any worse later in the year.

TacadoirArdMhacha

I understand its difficult for the County Board to take every circumstance into account, particularly given the number of variables but my major gripe would be the speed the leagues have been run off this year. I know that teams don't want to be playing leagues match much after September but the way its gone now, every player in our club bar one will only play one match between now and the 4th October were Armagh to win the All Ireland.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

illdecide

Hey there corn i hope you lot have that burger festival ready for us guys on sunday afternoon ;), Barring any injuryies i take it you're 5 county men will be available for selection? I take you lot are safe anyway so you should not take you're frustration out on us ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

corn02

I'll not be present - other commitments. But I am sure there will be a full feed for the lads.

Eh dunno, personally I wouldn't be expecting MOR and AOR to play if they play 70 mins in Croker but I have no idea.