Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_cuervo_fc

Ogs v St Pats match abandoned at half time.

Paudi Hughes called the game off at the break after being threatened by the St Pats physio when coming off the field.

Pearse Ogs were winning 10 - 4

downtown

That man is a complete tool - always has to be centre of attention!! Any other scores from tonights games?

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteOgs v St Pats match abandoned at half time.

Paudi Hughes called the game off at the break after being threatened by the St Pats physio when coming off the field.

Was he actually threatened or was it just the same verbals you hear at every match up and down the country? First of all, our physio shouldn't have said a word to the referee. No doubt about that - whatever his grievances about the two injuries we picked up in the first half, one from a late challenge that went unpunsihed, there's no point giving off the referee and he should have kept his cool. The verbal abuse referees get is undeserved for doing such a thankless task. But why in the hell could Paudie Hughes not have reacted the same way any referee with any ounce of common sense would have and sent the physio off the pitch and reported him for verbal abuse? Absolutely no need to call an entire match off. Would he have done the same thing if an intercounty physio gave him bad manners during a big game at Croke Park? Complete joke what happened tonight.

As for the match itself, Ogs were well on top and it would have taken a big second half turnaround for Cullyhanna to get back into the game. Our main concerns is the injuries we picked up with the championship only a week away. Stephen Reel and Paul Toner were both carried off with bad enough looking injuries, indeed Paul went to hospital after being challenged after kicking an excellent point. Mal Mackin was also unfit to start so it was a bit of a disastrous night all round.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

crossfire

Cross beat maghery by 4 points,

Good, high scoring, game.

Uladh

Paudie disgraces himself again. some things never change

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 18, 2008, 10:14:46 PM
QuoteOgs v St Pats match abandoned at half time.

Was he actually threatened or was it just the same verbals you hear at every match up and down the country? First of all, our physio shouldn't have said a word to the referee. No doubt about that - whatever his grievances about the two injuries we picked up in the first half, one from a late challenge that went unpunsihed, there's no point giving off the referee and he should have kept his cool. The verbal abuse referees get is undeserved for doing such a thankless task. But why in the hell could Paudie Hughes not have reacted the same way any referee with any ounce of common sense would have and sent the physio off the pitch and reported him for verbal abuse? Absolutely no need to call an entire match off. Would he have done the same thing if an intercounty physio gave him bad manners during a big game at Croke Park? Complete joke what happened tonight.

As for the match itself, Ogs were well on top and it would have taken a big second half turnaround for Cullyhanna to get back into the game. Our main concerns is the injuries we picked up with the championship only a week away. Stephen Reel and Paul Toner were both carried off with bad enough looking injuries, indeed Paul went to hospital after being challenged after kicking an excellent point. Mal Mackin was also unfit to start so it was a bit of a disastrous night all round.

I don't know what exactly was said because both teams were in the changing rooms at the time.  I think he could have sent the physio off the pitch and the match could have been played on. 

Paul Toner looked to be sore when he was coming off the field. 

It will be interesting to hear what the referees report will be to the county board.  What will happen with the points??

twotwocharlie

Paudi was spot on .
same ould shite from cullyhanna.

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteIt will be interesting to hear what the referees report will be to the county board.  What will happen with the points??

I'd be amazed if Ogs didn't get the points. There's no way the county board won't back their intercounty referee.

QuotePaudi was spot on .
same ould shite from cullyhanna.

So no one from Pearse Ogs ever gives a referee any stick?

pats-mc

Wasnt at the match myself but I hear that Paul Toner has a broken ankle and is possibly out for the rest of the season.

As usual Paidi nakes himself the centre of attention at all times.He just loves to hear himself talk and to act dramatically.

Rubberneck

wot the hell is wrong with these people who think that having a go at referees is OK ,if the refs were to give as much s**t to the managers/physio's/players as they get then the fun would really begin. Why would you want to go to a senior game at the moment when all you hear is foul abusive language from managers and players, if you were to go out for the day with your family would you want them to hear nothing only this s**t. Where has all the fun and enjoyment gone in our beautiful game. ??? ???
Bad Luck for Paul if this is true lets hope its only a rumor is needed for the championship.
All that's hot and sticky is not so sweet, enjoy the dream

fcuksake

looks like harps will be headin to division 2 (to be honest they dont deserve to stay up). beat at home by 3 points to dromintee.

Poor side without their county panelists.

Its not until you see the contribution a few county men make to your own team that you realise every year teams are in the same position as ourselves, fighting relegation because they have been minus the backbone of their team for at least 50-60% of the season. There is bound to be an argument for a bottom 4 play-off in Division 1.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

Uladh

I'd agree with you there on the playoffs. teams who are punished for having county players should be given at least a sudden death chance of salvation with a full hand. Outside of maghery (and maybe not even) mullaghbawn and cullaville are probably the two weakest teams in the top division but will escape relegaton because they have a settled side every week, playing against weakened teams.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Were clubs not opposed to the play offs after they were introduced for the 2006 season? Only for them we'd have spent last season in division 3.

mousey

Quote from: Rubberneck on July 18, 2008, 11:42:46 PM
wot the hell is wrong with these people who think that having a go at referees is OK ,if the refs were to give as much s**t to the managers/physio's/players as they get then the fun would really begin. Why would you want to go to a senior game at the moment when all you hear is foul abusive language from managers and players, if you were to go out for the day with your family would you want them to hear nothing only this s**t. Where has all the fun and enjoyment gone in our beautiful game. ??? ???
Bad Luck for Paul if this is true lets hope its only a rumor is needed for the championship.
crupen beat whitecross  by 7 or so  cross key :L:L:L

Real1995

Mullaghbawn v Cullavile abondoned with about 15 mins to go as well, serious injury to a mullaghbawn player (Peter McDonnells bro actually) broken leg....fec when has two div 1 games in armagh been abondoned on the nite b4.... ???
Nice guys always finish second!