Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

GAA punter replace your p with a c in your name.

Real1995

Mullaghbawn are due to play dromintee on wednesday night i heard yesterday,are all club games Wed Night?
Nice guys always finish second!

illdecide

Quote from: Real1995 on June 09, 2008, 11:47:49 AM
Mullaghbawn are due to play dromintee on wednedday night i heard yesterday,are all club games Wed Night?

No most of them are on Friday night
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

winsamsoon

Well i know we play St Pat's on wed night in the league. But first up is our old friends the Wolfe Tones on tuesday night, that should be good craic. Always loved local derby games.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

corn02

Friday night Real as far as I am aware.

gaapunter

Quote from: corn02 on June 09, 2008, 11:14:38 AM
GAA punter replace your p with a c in your name.

Corn you are sum pup- clown i dont think thats a word - dumb dumb

IVEDECIDED

Clans Cross match was a decent enough game - exiting near the end when both teams could have knicked it. A draw was prob a fair result though but it doesnt mean a whole pile id imagine as both sides had key players missing. Both teams had periods of dominance with the Clans ability to work goal opportunities threatening to be the decisive factor. However Cross dominance in midfield and ability to pick of points ultimately saw them with a share of the spoils. I dont care what anyone says this is still the match-up that gets me exited and I hope its these two clubs competing the county final with full strength teams. The County is crying out for a strong Clans team!

el_cuervo_fc

ARMAGH ALL-COUNTY LEAGUE TABLES AT SUNDAY 8 JUNE 2008

ACL - Division One
TEAM P W D L Pts
Crossmaglen 9 7 2 0 16
Culloville 9 6 1 2 13
St Patrick's 10 6 0 4 12
Pearse Og 8 5 1 2 11
Mullaghbawn 7 4 1 4 9
Clan na Gael 10 3 3 4 9
Harps 9 3 2 4 8
Dromintee 9 3 1 5 7
Killeavey 8 2 0 6 4
Maghery 10 1 1 8 3

ACL - Division Two
TEAM P W D L Pts
Tir na nÓg 10 8 0 2 16
Sarsfields 10 7 1 2 15
St Michael's 10 7 0 3 14
Carrickcruppen 10 6 1 3 13
Clann Eireann 9 5 0 4 10
Silverbridge 10 5 0 5 10
Wolfe Tones 10 5 0 5 10
Granemore 9 4 0 5 8
Ballymacnab 10 3 1 6 7
An Port Mor 10 2 1 7 5
Keady 8 2 0 6 4
Whitecross 10 2 0 8 4

ACL - Division Three
TEAM P W D L Pts
Collegeland 10 8 0 2 16
Madden 9 7 1 1 15
St Paul's 10 7 1 2 15
Annaghmore 9 6 0 3 12
Belleek 9 5 1 3 11
Lissummon 9 3 3 3 9
Ballyhegan 9 4 0 5 8
St Peter's 9 4 0 5 8
Clonmore 9 2 2 5 6
Grange 10 2 1 7 5
Tullysaran 9 2 0 7 4
Crossmaglen II 8 0 1 7 1

ACL - Division Four
TEAM P W D L Pts
Shane O'Neill's 9 8 1 0 17
Eire Og 9 6 1 2 13
Middletown 9 5 3 1 13
Forkhill 8 5 1 3 11
Derrynoose 9 5 0 4 10
Clady 9 3 2 4 8
O'Hanlon's 9 4 0 5 8
Corrinshego 8 3 1 4 7
Mullaghbrack 9 2 1 6 5
Dorsey Emmett's 8 2 0 6 4
Phelim Brady's 8 0 0 8 0

illdecide

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on June 09, 2008, 12:56:08 PM
Clans Cross match was a decent enough game - exiting near the end when both teams could have knicked it. A draw was prob a fair result though but it doesnt mean a whole pile id imagine as both sides had key players missing. Both teams had periods of dominance with the Clans ability to work goal opportunities threatening to be the decisive factor. However Cross dominance in midfield and ability to pick of points ultimately saw them with a share of the spoils. I dont care what anyone says this is still the match-up that gets me exited and I hope its these two clubs competing the county final with full strength teams. The County is crying out for a strong Clans team!

So is the clans ;) :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

pdown79

Quote from: winsamsoon on June 09, 2008, 10:09:06 AM
Well pints i told you what Hearty was and i also told you full back about Quigley but remember your responses "it is only clans people who whinge about refs" I think you guys have just proved that it ain't.

On the Tir Na Nog incident, I was only posting what i heard about the incident and i was asking whether or not there was any truth in it. I put in "repeatedly kicking" and you say it was only one kick to a lads head when on the ground. Who cares one kick as you have said is perfectly deserved of a lifetime ban. It is wreckless aswell as being a total act of thuggery. This guy should be banned for life because if he is doing this at underage level what will he be like when he grows a set of goolies. If he ain't banned for life then it is a total disgrace. There is actually a strong possiblity that it could become a police matter as this is an act of GBH, but i doubt the lad in question would take these steps.

The whole club is in the same opinion that he won't kick another ball at the club. The weird thing is, it was totally out of character for the lad that done it but im afriad theres no second chances when something like that had happen. Its cowardly and it brings down the name of the club as a whole so theres no point in defending him..

Quote from: gaapunter on June 09, 2008, 11:13:01 AM
Well pints i told you what Hearty was and i also told you full back about Quigley but remember your responses "it is only clans people who whinge about refs" I think you guys have just proved that it ain't.

On the Tir Na Nog incident, I was only posting what i heard about the incident and i was asking whether or not there was any truth in it. I put in "repeatedly kicking" and you say it was only one kick to a lads head when on the ground. Who cares one kick as you have said is perfectly deserved of a lifetime ban. It is wreckless aswell as being a total act of thuggery. This guy should be banned for life because if he is doing this at underage level what will he be like when he grows a set of goolies. If he ain't banned for life then it is a total disgrace. There is actually a strong possiblity that it could become a police matter as this is an act of GBH, but i doubt the lad in question would take these steps.

the police are involved WSW - yet anothe act of Portadown Thuggery- i was at the match and it was a brutal attack- apparently that wee thug is a black belt in karate- hence the potency of the kicks- ban the  whole club for life- it would do us all a favour

Another act of Portadown thuggery? You care to explain what you meant by that statement. If its to do with fighting on a field then im afraid your mistaken. Ive been going to games for years and violence on the field from our team is no more than any other team in the county..

On the second note about the karate, thats the biggest pile of balls ive read on this forum! The lad hasn't been in a fight in his life no doubt and your saying hes the karate kid. Hope you have facts to back up these accusations.

Back to the point though, he wont be playing again for the club and i doubt no-one else will take him after that incident.

billy the kid

Quote from: pdown79 on June 09, 2008, 02:18:05 PM

The whole club is in the same opinion that he won't kick another ball at the club. The weird thing is, it was totally out of character for the lad that done it but im afriad theres no second chances when something like that had happen. Its cowardly and it brings down the name of the club as a whole so theres no point in defending him..

Quote from: gaapunter on June 09, 2008, 11:13:01 AM

the police are involved WSW - yet anothe act of Portadown Thuggery- i was at the match and it was a brutal attack- apparently that wee thug is a black belt in karate- hence the potency of the kicks- ban the  whole club for life- it would do us all a favour

Another act of Portadown thuggery? You care to explain what you meant by that statement. If its to do with fighting on a field then im afraid your mistaken. Ive been going to games for years and violence on the field from our team is no more than any other team in the county..

On the second note about the karate, thats the biggest pile of balls ive read on this forum! The lad hasn't been in a fight in his life no doubt and your saying hes the karate kid. Hope you have facts to back up these accusations.

Back to the point though, he wont be playing again for the club and i doubt no-one else will take him after that incident.

Mr My-ogie Might be interested  ;)
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

wherefromreferee?

BTK, its Mr Kesuke Miyagi (RIP)

Anyways, we shouldnt be making light of this very serious situation...
In your Endo!

bennydorano

Cullyhanna fully deserving of their win against Harps, we could have been out of sight by half time, if we'd had our shooting boots with us, someone taking stats told me we'd 12 wides in the first half alone.  We made a few changes in the second half that backfired badly, Kevin Daly at WHB was having a blinder and then inexplicably moved to corner back and ten mins later to the sideline.  We got cleaned out in Mf in the 2nd half and that ultimately cost us the game. 

Hopefully we'll have a few more available to us for Friday night, apart from our 3 county men we were missing 5 or 6 others that should start come championship.  Joe Quigley, Ebby Toal, Paddy Grimes, Sean Morrison, Paddy Morrison and Simon Lennon (Also  Peadar Toal - who I hear should be back in training soon).

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: bennydorano on June 09, 2008, 03:37:20 PM
(Also  Peadar Toal - who I hear should be back in training soon).

What's the story with Peader? Seen him out at the Bullets last week end...

Louis the Red

QuoteWhat's the story with Peader? Seen him out at the Bullets last week end...

Why didn't you just ask him ??? ???