Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy the kid

Quote from: gaapunter on May 14, 2008, 02:48:19 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on May 14, 2008, 02:31:57 PM
Quote from: winsamsoon on May 14, 2008, 12:35:26 PM
benny i think you will find you were the childish one claiming people where hated and throwing the toys out of the pram when a decision went against you. Not to mention the name calling and claiming that you never said things but you were really just stating what everyone else was thinking.

I don't think any of the lads need you to speak for them, so in future let them say what they want and you could perhaps state your opinions, instead of qouting others. You are quoting others to insinuate what you are saying. Then when someone comes back at you, the only explanation you have is that it wasn't you that said it. How grown up and anti childish.
•I don't think I'm stating anything surprising to anyone (outside of Lurgan maybe) when I say Clans are the most hated club in Armagh, granted it may be a generalisation, but still an accurate one I reckon. 
•I haven't quoted anybody, if I did, I would use the quote button. 
•It's amusing that you think a ref being unable to count correctly and whinging over 'alleged' soft frees are comparable.
•It has all turned very childish – the saying is true, "Never argue with a fool, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you on experience."
;)

Your are some boy- hatred is a strong word- but i suppose people hate the best and for many a years we were the best- wat about you scumbags - a shower of mouths that morrison p***k is a prime example - a rubbish footballer - just good for mouthing- jesus you armagh city tramps are some pups- we just hope we put you down were belong divison 2- muppet

Reading through the last 2 pages there are some absolutely childish and very bitter posts and i was just gonna go and come back another day when the craic was back on. :( :( :(

Then GAAPUNTER posts the most childish and bitter rant of the lot and showed us all that he is the biggest slabber of the lot. :o :o :o

If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

brokencrossbar1

I think benny is being a bit harsh in describing them as the most hated team, but the Clans certainly would not be liked by many.  Like every club they have their fair share of mouth pieces, but their arrogance is what gets most peoples' backs up, and it is an arrogance based on past glories. A similar arrogance eminates from Dromintee at times, with very little to base it on.  There isn't the same level of arrogance in the city teams.  We have that arrogance and justifiably so.

I personally never minded playing Clans as it was always competetive and hard fought.  They are hard to listen to but when you close your ears and stick the ball over the bar it shuts them up fairly quickly!

billy the kid

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 14, 2008, 03:16:00 PM

I personally never minded playing Clans as it was always competetive and hard fought.  They are hard to listen to but when you close your ears and stick the ball over the bar it shuts them up fairly quickly!

I like that one  :) :D ;D
If it moves hit it

corn02

And there is certainly a strong ignorance that comes from many Cross supporters which is a tad different from justified arrogance.

billy the kid

Right lads heres your chance to decide it once and for all.

Go to the ARMAGH FOOTBALL CLUBS poll and get voting

I have included the clubs that usually get slagged for being the most hateful, big headed, slabbers, arrogant etc

Some clubs will have been left out that deserve to be on here but its probably to big already so tough.

Each person gets 2 votes and the poll will run for 7 days with a press conference called in the city west to release the results.

The club with the highest number of votes will be crowned "The Most Hateful Crowd of Feckers 2008"  and all men from that area will be neutered for the good of humanity.

In the event of a tie there will be a vote of between the leading clubs for 1 additional day.

Get voting
If it moves hit it

Real1995

lads this vote is a bit embarrassin, we will be the talk of all the other counties in bloody Ireland on this GAA board ::)
Nice guys always finish second!

Candyman

Quote from: winsamsoon on May 14, 2008, 10:35:52 AM
Goh i know why they are all slatting you now lad because you mentioned you were from the clans, albeit in dundalk. ;) You better watch yourself or benny and candyman will be telling you how much they hate you because you are associated with a team that belongs to the same organisation that they claim to be part of.
I think in the spirit of the GAA it is wrong to hate any club. Certainly it is possible to have bitter rivalries with clubs and even certain individuals at club. I don't think i would ever say i hated any club in Armagh or any other county for that. But i guess that is the difference between gaels and so called gaels.

I can take on the chin things that happen and move on without hating teams. It seems some board members store everything that has ever happened in their heads and cast it up at every opportunity. In other words they can't move on. Benny i would be very interested to know the reason behind your hatred of the Clan na Gael ??? I don't think slabbering will answer the question as all teams have slabbers, which would make you then hate all teams, including your own.

Been away from the board all day but when did i suddenly get dragged into this???
Winsamsoon show me where i even ONCE said i hate any club..... keep ur petty arguements for someone else!!! END OF...

corn02

Ach the vote is a good chance to get stuck into the Mullaghbawn wans.  :-X

Real1995

Quote from: corn02 on May 14, 2008, 04:04:42 PM
Ach the vote is a good chance to get stuck into the Mullaghbawn wans.  :-X

Now corn, some of us are glad of the mullaghbawn wans  ;)
Nice guys always finish second!

illdecide

Lads i think I'll stay away from this thread for a while till there's a bit of sense talked again, that Shiite over the last 2 pages is embarrassing and if thats what you all want to talk about then good luck to ya. Setting up a vote on who is the most hated club in Armagh is unbelievable ::) ::)What age are you guys?

To BC1: the only arrogance in our club is from older guys who have long retired and who actually bust our own balls from the banks as supporters, we have enough to listen from our "so called own supporters" than you guys. Why would we (current senior team) be arrogant as we have nothing to be arrogant about and if you're listening to a bunch of middle aged men on the bank then good luck to you. Again because someone on a terrace or grass bank shouts something it doesn't have to be linked to the players.

And yes before you all jump on to slate me there are a few slabbers on our team but every team has them not just the Clans
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Uladh

What is being inferred as club arrogance is usually confined to supporters. most lads who play the game are civil enough, play hard and leave it on the field when the whistle goes. Cross's perception of arrogance from dromintee is more of a "how can they be so arrogant as to challenge us" attitude. It's an expected reaction in the world of competitive sport to show the fangs and react competitively when faced with a challenge. the cross players are as civil as the rest as far as i can see. the extra bit that corn refers to is again down to supporters.

winsamsoon

Things are going beyond a wind up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What gets to me is the folk that start to panic when the debate doesn't evolve around a 100% intellectual issue. Ffs lads wind the necks in and have a bit of craic on the board aswell it can't all be serious and  sometimes boring.

The poll is a step to far though. (probably because the result will show that we are top  :D :D ) so don't do it. Even though i say that i would like to see a result  :D :D Benny you're a marked man anyway i won't forget your comments. candyman is feeling slightly hard done bye but i relly don't care because it was he who gave me the eyes after i made a comment.  ;) So if we are all in agreement we will move on to this weeks games.

We are away to Killeavy and it's a must win

Anyone else ???
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

crossfire

Under 21 Championship

Cross 1-10  Pearse ogs 1-05

diesel-smuggler

cruppen beat tir na nog by a couple of points!  ::)

diesel-smuggler

cruppen play crossmaglen in the semi-final of the u21 championship next THURSDAY night in silverbridge!